Post-Game Talk: Habs lose back-to-back

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin doesn't fit anywhere.

We need to move him to a team who sees him as a reclamation project and can afford to gamble on rebuilding him.

But he's terrible to put with any young players and he's terrible to put on any lines with a defensive conscience.
It would be amazing to move JD..............but no one absolutely no one wants him......we can't get Subway coupons for this guy right now. Would love to be wrong, and MB smooze some sucker into talking JD on, but highly unlikely.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Drouin doesn't fit anywhere.

We need to move him to a team who sees him as a reclamation project and can afford to gamble on rebuilding him.

But he's terrible to put with any young players and he's terrible to put on any lines with a defensive conscience.

Yea he's the last player I'd want to put next to a developing kid. Terrible model to have on a line.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
giphy.gif

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Let’s not sugar coat it cause he’s young but Suzuki has been terrible. Drouin-level terrible lately.

not sure if he’s injured or the grind (especially this year) of an NHL season is getting to him. At least last year he had a mini break before the playoff round. He looks exhausted and gassed out there.

that’s one reason I always say KK has more potential than suzuki. The size def makes a diff in the NHL. The body can takes its toll over the course of an nhl season going up against big defesemen
I get the feeling Drouin’s no intensity style has been rubbing off on him from playing together and he looks like he is not in the best shape either which is making him look sluggish.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
The team is not perfect but I don’t get the trashing. Habs dominated the game overall. Had great looks, 2 posts, some nice save by Helle.

There was nothing « pathetic » in yesterday’s effort.

It’s hockey god damnit, you lose 1/3 of games you deserve, and you win 1/3 game you don’t deserve.

At 50/50 odds I would bet a good amount on the Habs in a playoff series against the Jets (especially with Gally in the lineup)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Every year people get their hopes up but yet we still have zero offensive game breakers. I don't mind some of our players but overall very average.

Habs are going to just be competitive enough to not be eligible for the elite pieces , as always...Nothing ever changes.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
The team is not perfect but I don’t get the trashing. Habs dominated the game overall. Had great looks, 2 posts, some nice save by Helle.

It’s hockey god damnit, you lose 1/3 of games you deserve, and you win 1/3 game you don’t deserve.

At 50/50 odds I would bet a good amount on the Habs in a playoff series against the Jets (especially with Gally in the lineup)
I agree, and i am not saying this team will be like 93, but people forget that in 93 during the later part of the season the team looked horrible and even roy was pulled for not seeing beachballs....

Reactions: dnl4ever

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Habs didn’t dominate anything. 80% of their shots were from 15 feet away. One of their goals was a lucky bounce off the boards. Hellebuyck didn’t really have to try.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Agree with you. This team is not that bad. I just think people are frustratring to watch the same kind of team since many years. This team is improving on a turtle speed. No game breaker when they still losing year after year against guys like scheiffle, matthews, mcdavid... no True LD since the departure of Markov.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Agree with you. This team is not that bad. I just think people are frustratring to watch the same kind of team since many years. This team is improving on a turtle speed. No game breaker when they still losing year after year against guys like scheiffle, matthews, mcdavid... no True LD since the departure of Markov.
Yeah "not that bad" has become the standard

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Every year people get their hopes up but yet with have zero offensive game breakers. I don't mind some of our players but overall very average.

Habs are going to just be competitive enough to not be eligible for the elite pieces , as always...Nothing ever changes.
Absolutely true. Until this team has elite talent up front we’re not winning anything meaningful.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The longer this season goes, the more and more I lose faith in this organization ever being successful.

From top to bottom, this team isn't built to win. Bergevin has made so many moves over the years to tinker with the defense, and as of right now Petry is the only good player on the blueline, and everyone else has been bad. I'll give Romanov a pass since it's his rookie year, but he hasn't looked great. It also isn't like there's some blue chipper banging on the doors in the AHL who will make the team soon. We have a few prospects who could be good, but they're all a few years away at best.

On offense we're spending so much money on guys who should be in the bottom six. Guys like Armia, Byron, Lehkonen, Staal... and then in Staal's case, he's playing on the second line for some unknown reason.

Bergevin didn't like the start of the season so he fired the coach and named an interim coach, who has a worse record than Julien had.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bergevin gone at the end of the year barring a miracle playoff run, but I have absolutely no confidence in Geoff Molson to hire someone who would right the wrongs of the last ten years. It's so disheartening to a fan of this team and just knowing that the owner has his head so far up his ass that the team won't ever have any real success as long as he's the one choosing / approving the team's management.

I'd love to be wrong about whoever comes in next, but I have zero faith in Molson suddenly doing a 180 and doing the right thing.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree, and i am not saying this team will be like 93, but people forget that in 93 during the later part of the season the team looked horrible and even roy was pulled for not seeing beachballs....

In 92-93 they had two top end centers and an elite goal scorer.. the best goalie in the world, a budding star in LeClaire and one of the deepest defenses in the NHL..

upload_2021-4-9_10-36-25.png

Get us that recipe, sure.. but we do not have anyone close to the level of Damphousse, Muller or Bellows.. let alone Desjardins, Schneider, etc.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's tough for a goalie to do back to back, even tougher when you usually play once a week.
Allen is in part responsible for this one but he had one bad period. Happens, no problem.

But that doesn't excuse some others from playing like crap.
There's one I really can't stand anymore and if it wasn't for his contract and his name, would be in the stand right now.

Habs last 15 games....
Drouin has 6 assists, 2 of them on the PP.
The only forwards with less points is Jake Evans with 4 and he only played 13 games.
Drouin is also -8 , deadlast on the team.
Closest to him are Staal is -4 but with only 3 games and Suzuki is -3.....and they were the one playing with Drouin.

But there's a positive lately.
Habs has always been one of the worst team in the NHL for faceoffs for a couple of years now.

In the last 15 games, KK has been at 55.4%
The team is 52.4% during that stretch, good for 6th in the NHL

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Allen's first period sunk our ship.
They did play well for the most part....still couldn't score when they needed to.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I don't understand this infatuation with Evans.

I loved this guy in Laval. I'm all for giving him a shot to earn his wings in the NHL, but let's look at the facts, shall we?

He's playing with Lehkonen, who's averaging about 15 goals and 30 points a season throughout his 300+ games NHL career.

Declining Paul Byron is still pacing for 9 goals and 27 points this season.

These two are at worst luxury 4th line players. Lehkonen, imo, is a legitimate middle-6 defensive forward. And yet, Evans' line is largely ineffective.

His only saving grace is that he might get better with experience and he's a better fit than Jordan Weal. Otherwise, he's been a non-factor, a Michel Chaput/Matthew Peca-level of player.
He's a rookie that put up excellent stats in the AHL. He's a great PKer, great skater and a threat shorthanded. He's everything you want in a 4C and is only going to get better.

Reactions: Tyson

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He's a rookie that put up excellent stats in the AHL. He's a great PKer, great skater and a threat shorthanded. He's everything you want in a 4C and is only going to get better.
He's a decent 4th liner. Wish he was bigger but he still tries to play physical. He's not a major issue

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad