Post-Game Talk: Habs lose back-to-back

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
It's the fact that the left side of our D was left empty by the trade so we could have Drouin, a PR move for MB. Sergachev has nearly equaled Drouin's point production while playing D and is a +44 over 264 games with the Lightning and is still only 22 years old. He currently sits 26th in scoring amongst NHL defencemen and is averaging 22 minutes a game(almost identical to Weber) and is used in all situations PP and Pk, is a good skater with size and has a very bright future.

Listen...I don’t even disagree that he shouldn’t have done that trade, especially with the good gift of hindsight.

The problem I have with that breed of comments is that I will for sure never see you mention that Bergevin + Timmins did a hell of a job to acquire a high second round pick and Danault trading 4th line players, then reach at the draft for Romanov (basically everyone was mad at Timmons on draft day) who as of right now is as good a left PMD prospect as Sergachev.

Always emphasizing the negative! I prefer to look at both side of the coin.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Listen...I don’t even disagree that he shouldn’t have done that trade, especially with the good gift of hindsight.

The problem I have with that breed of comments is that I will for sure never see you mention that Bergevin + Timmins did a hell of a job to acquire a high second round pick and Danault trading 4th line players, then reach at the draft for Romanov (basically everyone was mad at Timmons on draft day) who as of right now is as good a left PMD prospect as Sergachev.

Always emphasizing the negative! I prefer to look at both side of the coin.
It has nothing to do with hindsight, what MB did was stupid, we had a bare cupboard on the left side of our D and he goes ahead and trades Shea Webers future D partner because he felt that a washed-up broken down Karl ALzner was a better option. He then proceeded to throw 33 million dollars at a reclamation head case that has been nothing but trouble going back to his junior hockey days and wow, he has been shit here as well. But I get it, you are now taking the positive high road and I am just a negative old puss, facts don't matter.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Jul 6, 2016
Indeed nothing ever change , 36 year olds Staal taking spots over kids. nuff said. typical bergevin habs type of moves

We will get a d-man , and it's probably gonna be another Chariot or Edmundson , another guy ''to patch''. Like David Savard , you can smell the p.r move. French canadian , washed up , perfect to throw flowers at him.

WOW. I like your crystal ball. LOL.... Savard was traded to TB, a Stanley Cup contending team which knows one thing or two about winning games.....

Typical talking thru your rear end, man !

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
WOW. I like your crystal ball. LOL.... Savard was traded to TB, a Stanley Cup contending team which knows one thing or two about winning games.....

Typical talking thru your rear end, man !
ya man the team whos rolling Cernak Sergachev Mcdonagh and Hedman before him , man that will totally change the whole dynamic of Tampa whos dominating the league without 1 of the top 3 player in the league for the whole season.
The only major problem that Tampa has is they have no secondary goalie , he's a total dump.

Jul 6, 2016
ya man the team whos rolling Cernak Sergachev Mcdonagh and Hedman before him , man that will totally change the whole dynamic of Tampa whos dominating the league without 1 of the top 3 player in the league for the whole season.
The only major problem that Tampa has is they have no secondary goalie , he's a total dump.

Yeah. They acquired Savard just for the fun of it ! Right ? But Habs could not BECAUSE HE IS "French " ....

He is gonna be great on pk, and take some serious minutes from anyone other D needing rest.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah. They acquired Savard just for the fun of it ! Right ? But Habs could not BECAUSE HE IS "French " ....

He is gonna be great on pk, and take some serious minutes from anyone other D needing rest.
They acquired him and paid the big price for a depth d-man

Like they did least season for 4th liners and it paid off. Who was it Coleman for a 1st? people were laughing at it back then , still overpay but when you win the cup who cares.

Jul 6, 2016
They acquired him and paid the big price for a depth d-man

Like they did least season for 4th liners and it paid off. Who was it Coleman for a 1st? people were laughing at it back then , still overpay but when you win the cup who cares.

That's the point: WINNING ! But TB could had acquire about any other RD they wanted and they picked Savard because they know he has been very reliable for most of his carreer. With Romanov, he would had been awesome.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
That's the point: WINNING ! But TB could had acquire about any other RD they wanted and they picked Savard because they know he has been very reliable for most of his carreer. With Romanov, he would had been awesome.
The difference is that Tampa bay as an entire left side packed , habs need a Right handed d-man with Weber starting to decline heavily and our left side is a complete mess . I don't think a player like Savard would have made much a difference for us. Like I said Tampa Bay paid hard price for a real big depth player with 75% salary shred to fit him . Habs need a real hockey trade for a d-man that will be good for several years , that's the issue.

Jul 6, 2016
The difference is that Tampa bay as an entire left side packed , habs need a Right handed d-man with Weber starting to decline heavily and our left side is a complete mess . I don't think a player like Savard would have made much a difference for us. Like I said Tampa Bay paid hard price for a real big depth player with 75% salary shred to fit him . Habs need a real hockey trade for a d-man that will be good for several years , that's the issue.

Habs need short to mid term solution on D while waiting for kids like Guhle, Harris, Norlinder or Struble to be ready. It doesn't matter if it is a LD or RD. Romanov can play both sides. And Weber has still few years ahead of him. But they missed on Montour who could had been a fair guy to get. FLO got him for a freagin third rounder.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Habs need short to mid term solution on D while waiting for kids like Guhle, Harris, Norlinder or Struble to be ready. It doesn't matter if it is a LD or RD. Romanov can play both sides. And Weber has still few years ahead of him. But they missed on Montour who could had been a fair guy to get. FLO got him for a freagin third rounder.
Well we have Edmundson for 3 mroe years
Petry for 5 I think
Weber can play perhaps another season before he terminate his contract becaue his salary won't be worth it.
Kulak still has 1 year
Chariot still has 1 year.
It's good to trade 1 but at one point you gonna have to trade somebody to make space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad