Post-Game Talk: Habs lose back-to-back

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Hows our left D looking there boss? Do we have someone as good as him? I don't think so and neither do you but I bet that you applaud Bergevin for trading for Drouin.

Sergachev is 8th in CF% amongst Tampa Bay lightning defensemen.

He allows 11 high danger chance per 60 minutes, more then every regular Habs D.

Romanov is 3rd on the Habs team, 57% CF%, higher then Sergachev 50%.

Edmundson, Chiarot and Romanov all have better on ice / relative on-ice then Sergachev.

He also scores at a lower rate then Petry, similar rate then Weber, so we have an equivalent to his production on our two first pairings.

I’m not saying he’s not good but so overated by HfHabs for obvious reasons (I hate Bergevin, let’s find a trade he lost and amplify it)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Every year people get their hopes up but yet with have zero offensive game breakers. I don't mind some of our players but overall very average.

Habs are going to just be competitive enough to not be eligible for the elite pieces , as always...Nothing ever changes.

The Habs problem isn't exactly the lack of offensive game breakers. It's more that MB can't build a proper hockey team and his coaches (or the players who run the team?) are too defense/grinding focused. Pacioretty and Radulov had record seasons away from the Habs, past their primes at the ages where production is supposed to start to go down...

I guarantee you McDavid wouldn't have the amount of points he has with the Oilers if he played for this Habs teams (let say replacing Danault). Would the team do better in term of production, sure, but the requirement to be defense first would nerf him so bad.

The Habs had the same problem for decades, it didn't even start with MB. It's like there is a idea cancer in the organization that affect everyone from management to the players.

Reactions: dnl4ever

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Yeah "not that bad" has become the standard
Yep. Team middle of the pack... IMO in a cap era. You have 2 choice for A GM. All in. Or rebuild. Bergevin had to go all in, but never did. Kept first pick all the time. When you go all in and you see a decline, thats the moment to sell -everything to rebuild. Like boston did. Lucic, hamilton. They trade away for some first pick. Toronto sell everything. Been at the bottom for one/2 year and now they are a top team. Bergevin isnt a manager. He is a scout

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Allen had a rough start to the game, I swear it was Price in there the way he started the game. But he recovered and made a lot of good saves, but too little too late.
Winnipeg is better than us plain and simple. Bigger, faster and better goaltending.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yep. Team middle of the pack... IMO in a cap era. You have 2 choice for A GM. All in. Or rebuild. Bergevin had to go all in, but never did. Kept first pick all the time. When you go all in and you see a decline, thats the moment to sell -everything to rebuild. Like boston did. Lucic, hamilton. They trade away for some first pick. Toronto sell everything. Been at the bottom for one/2 year and now they are a top team. Bergevin isnt a manager. He is a scout

and a mediocre one at that

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Wish Habs traded for Hall instead of Staal. They are now slower too.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Allen had a rough start to the game, I swear it was Price in there the way he started the game. But he recovered and made a lot of good saves, but too little too late.
Winnipeg is better than us plain and simple. Bigger, faster and better goaltending.
Bigger, faster and much more talented

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Edmundson, Chiarot and Romanov all have better on ice / relative on-ice then Sergachev.

He also scores at a lower rate then Petry, similar rate then Weber, so we have an equivalent to his production on our two first pairings.

I’m not saying he’s not good but so overated by HfHabs for obvious reasons (I hate Bergevin, let’s find a trade he lost and amplify it)
It's the fact that the left side of our D was left empty by the trade so we could have Drouin, a PR move for MB. Sergachev has nearly equaled Drouin's point production while playing D and is a +44 over 264 games with the Lightning and is still only 22 years old. He currently sits 26th in scoring amongst NHL defencemen and is averaging 22 minutes a game(almost identical to Weber) and is used in all situations PP and Pk, is a good skater with size and has a very bright future.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Oh i know , just saying that even championship teams look shitty sometimes, however we are not there yet
We are very far from that team. But i can see us becoming that team next year

Oh boy, you're in for a rude awakening. This team is an 11th place team if they're in the Atlantic. It will not get better in our regular division. We will get smoked.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
You might want to look into what proven means.

Also with the team he has, Serge is a 50% high danger chances for player. Doesn’t look like a top pairing D to me. Second pairing for now.

He's 22 years old and already a cup winner/ strong point producer, no reason to think he won't get better with time. It was an awful trade for all the wrong reasons and especially when we held all the leverage...Just awful.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The team is not perfect but I don’t get the trashing. Habs dominated the game overall. Had great looks, 2 posts, some nice save by Helle.

There was nothing « pathetic » in yesterday’s effort.

It’s hockey god damnit, you lose 1/3 of games you deserve, and you win 1/3 game you don’t deserve.

At 50/50 odds I would bet a good amount on the Habs in a playoff series against the Jets (especially with Gally in the lineup)

Definitely, especially after a back-to-back. They had chances to win both games, but they miss the net so much on high danger scoring chances its becoming really frustrating to watch.

Suzuki, KK, Lehkonen x 3, Toffoli, it's like come on guys.

The only natural scorers on this team are Tatar, Toffoli and Perry, who is more great around the net than an actual shooter. That's simply not good enough.

Respect to Allen for taking the blame last night. A lot of goalies deflect that. He played great after the 1st period.

That's simply

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How before Mete's agent is going to post another ultimatum for Mete to get traded?

Jul 6, 2016
Mete was benched for most of the third period, not sure he saw the ice. He sucks big time and provides zero offense. Skates around like a water bug, offers little.

Looking forward to see Chiarot back soon ! Unless MB can trade for a better LD or RD

Reactions: azcanuck

Jul 6, 2016
How come Juulsen is in the AHL right now ? Is he not supposed to be full time at NHL level with Florida OR be sent back to MTL org ? + He is with Syracuse, the TB farm team, not Florida's

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
How come Juulsen is in the AHL right now ? Is he not supposed to be full time at NHL level with Florida OR be sent back to MTL org ? + He is with Syracuse, the TB farm team, not Florida's

Conditioning stint

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

His stats were very good a little while ago. They've dropped off a cliff for some reason lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad