Post-Game Talk: Habs lose again in OT!

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Renaud giving goalie OT stats. Of course they're bad dummy! We're 0-9 and it's not their fault.

Reactions: Andy

whorocksthesocks

Jan 19, 2015
Who would of thought that habs and leafs would be the ones fighting for a playoff spot by the end of the season! lmao i think they play eachother three times in a row to finish this season too. This is going to be amazing.

Reactions: Redux91

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Anderson missed a break away, Tatar got walked, then Suzuki got walked and Allen bit. Not sure how any of that is the fault of Byron or Danault. Not even sure it's on the coach. Now Bergevin - dats another story.
Starting them in OT gives the opposition hope. Well, more hope than they would have by default. Which doesn’t help.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Habs fans when Suzuki ties it and then realizing they're heading to OT:

tenor.gif

realizing a point just makes it that much more unlikely bergevin gets canned

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
I think they are over complicating the OT, just let them play and go get a goal but still be mindful defensively. I get what Ducharme wants to do but this team doesn't have a guy like Connor or Matthews that only needs one good look. This team needs chances in bunches to score so it needs to be go, go, go, for a full 5min in OT. Why play fast 5 on 5, but slow it down in OT? I say play to the teams strength
Caufield.

Reactions: Gravity and FLHabs

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They were scared to go on offense. It was freaking epic :laugh:
It's funny because you know how it ends. I think the players do too. Everyone, including the opponent knows that the habs are a ticking bomb in OT.

Reactions: the

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
By the way though, to make this a story about the OT is ludicrous. We suck on OT. WE don't know how to coach the OT. It's clear. But we didn't deserve a single point in the regular game. 1st was great. 2nd was putrid. 3rd lacked finish. THAT's the story. The OT is just the same idiocy over and over again. But the first 3 periods...not being able to beat that team....we just don,t deserve to make the playoffs.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Im a be straight honest , id rather lose in regular than having loser points.
The faster we get rid of Bergevin Timmins and the gang and start selling this veteran roster with 0 skills

The quicker this team will get back on his feet.
Im trying hardcore to be f***ing positive. But you show up 5min a game and somehow manage to get the loser point and you are on pace to make playoffs because we are losing after 60min of hockey is kinda sad.

That OT showed us how much this team have no raw skill to begin with. We passed in our zone for 90sec for a lucky breakaway and then we lost the second we did not have the puck. Yikes.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why do Byron and Danault start OT? Why not Suzuki and Drouin or KK and Toffoli? Literally any other forward combo would be better than two forwards who aren't that offensively gifted.

I’d rather they put out Edmundson and Ouellet at this point. I’m serious.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
lol will everyone calm the "f " down. 3 on 3 hockey is a gimmick, we are great 5 on 5 . no way we lose this game playing a regular game of hockey. 3 on3 sucks i've said it since the start
We are great 5 on 5. GREAT!

Proceeds to watch the team require a 6 on 4 at the end of the third to tie the game against Vancouver.

Subban signed e5

Jun 21, 2012
Suzuki had literally just won two big faceoffs also..... why didnt he start over Danault? we basically just piss away a point every time just with who we pick to play on 3 on 3. i would only play a combination of Romanov, Petry, Drouin, Suzuki, KK, Anderson, Gallagher and Toffoli

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
they need a witch doctor, this is crazy. obviously this is a gimmick, but they need to stop playing late in games OR giving up late goals if they want to avoid this tragi-comedy...
it's obviously psychological right now. you can see it in the way they're getting organized in OT.
it might have been bad luck and bad play choices, but now it's in their collective heads

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad