Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 5-2 to the Flyers and it is entirely Le Tricolore's fault

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It's not only on this board.. its everywhere.. including the French media. They were blasting him yesterday despite the win and we all know the French media loves to defend French Canadian player.

Skill is not everything. He makes as much pass to his teammates than the opponents. Despite his skill, he makes very little successful play.

That said.. he is playing like player of his salary so it's not like hes not worth his contract. He is what he is. A very skill player that makes a little too much dumb plays. He is a frustrating player to watch sometimes.
I think he panics with the puck. Seems to think he has less time than he does. Also skates into trouble a lot. And his errant passes are really really bad. This is due to panic also I think.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
we didnt lose cuz of that play but there's no defending his constant turnovers!!!:mad::mad: And then when he can give us a chance to score and pull off a comeback, he misses:mad::mad:
True, he’s Jeckel and Hyde, I won’t shed a tear if he gets traded, i just don’t see this game as a game that warrants finger pointing in Drouin’s direction although it would’ve been nice if he could’ve buried that one.

As a whole, it just seemed the team was off stride and lacking finish.

This game tape should go into the incinerator and never spoken of again

Reactions: Runner77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I think he panics with the puck. Seems to think he has less time than he does. Also skates into trouble a lot. And his errant passes are really really bad. This is due to panic also I think.
or bad player....none to bright

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm sorry but Mete and Reilly are awful. The panic plays they make, and the way they miss the net from the point.. its really bad to watch. Must be painful to have them behind you on a unit, and just suffer in silence as these two suck balls.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I'm sorry but Mete and Reilly are awful. The panic plays they make, and the way they miss the net from the point.. its really bad to watch. Must be painful to have them behind you on a unit, and just suffer in silence as these two suck balls.

Mete is awful?? We are not watching the same game, beside 1 or 2 games since he cameback, its pretty unanimous that hes been good or excellent!!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Mete is awful?? We are not watching the same game, beside 1 or 2 games since he cameback, its pretty unanimous that hes been good or excellent!!

Not for me. He turns the puck over a lot, too much. Also his shot is... still awful. It never hits the net, it is way off target like Reilly. He can skate, no doubt, but a lot of work left.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

It's easier to sound like you know what you're talking about when you trash players

It also feels better

Reactions: jaffy27

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Mete was never excellent. He was very good when he was playing in his first games last season because he was a new prospect taking his first steps in the NHL. His game however, has barely developed, if at all, since then.
The defensive side to his game is decent but his offense is quite bad. Last year I said he should be in the AHL to build that aspect, and it's true of this year as well. They sent him down for 7 games, he scored and put up 4 pts. I have no idea why they called him up again, he could obviously use some work down there.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Mete was never excellent. He was very good when he was playing in his first games last season because he was a new prospect taking his first steps in the NHL. His game however, has barely developed, if at all, since then.
The defensive side to his game is decent but his offense is quite bad. Last year I said he should be in the AHL to build that aspect, and it's true of this year as well. They sent him down for 7 games, he scored and put up 4 pts. I have no idea why they called him up again, he could obviously use some work down there.

He’s our #2 defenseman.. That’s saying something. It’s going to come to whether our elite goalie can carry us. He won’t win the Hart, but if we make the playoffs, there should be a case.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He’s our #2 defenseman.. That’s saying something. It’s going to come to whether our elite goalie can carry us. He won’t win the Hart, but if we make the playoffs, there should be a case.
Not too late for him to win the Hart if he can stick with his high performances.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Mete has 'excellent' skating.

And that's it.

And now, what I'm doing here is not bashing him, I'm just using the right words.

Is he an 'excellent' dman ?

Nope.

#1-2 and some #3 are excellent, or have multiple excellent qualities.

He's mostly our #3 right now, behind Weber and Petry, but it doesn't mean he's a #3 factually. (Petry is our #2 but is more of a #3 in reality)

It mostly mean our defense is pretty bad.

Can he become a 'real' #3 someday ?

Perhaps. Still only what, 20yo ?

But, damn, saying he's 'excellent', come on, Weber is excellent, Petry is on some nights, otherwise, we don't have any dmen who fits that criteria...

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad