Habs lose 4-3

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
We are a .500 Character team... Nothing more.

Deal with it in any manner that gets you through the night.:help:

Seriously this team doesn't even piss me off any more... I'm finally beaten down to accept their mediocrity for the past 20 years.

Its not even a character team.

Diaz, Bourque, DD, Pleks, Bouillon, Gionta show very little character these days. No leadership whatsover from any of them.

Another night they give up 32 shots, 8th worst in the league. So when does it start becoming a bit about coaching.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You know what? Im past of being frustrated at DD. This is really all MB's fault.

No extension=No DD. Simple as that.

I hate our GM for that. Almost as much as I hated Gainey and Gauthier.

You can be as frustrated as you want at DD and then ignore all of the other bigger issues that caused us to lose tonight.

DD was not the reason we lost........

Dharvey33

Apr 30, 2010
I'm off tomorrow. If someone's willing to buy me a poutine. I'll drive to MTL and kidnap the little *******. :)

Heck i'm sure we could raise a substantial sum for Desharnais to leave mtl.

Just like some fans that raised 1 million dollars for Uwe Bowl so that he would stop making films. The ******* declined.

TYLENOL

Dec 29, 2012
Lol...to many people have a hard on for Eller on this board!!! Its kinda pathetic!

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
If this is Desharnais' best, god help us all. How the hell does this guy get paid 3.5 million, even I could bring more to the habs. :sarcasm:

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
The coaching staff deserves a lot of the blame, and as the defense and PK coach, Daigneault did a terrible job even last year, and while none of us know exactly which coaches are responsible for what, it's an estimated guess that he's terrible at his job.

But the defense doesn't help, especially when the only guy who can clear the crease is Subban who shouldn't be wasting his abilities in nonstop scrums, and our third best and biggest defenseman right now who isn't a rookie is Josh ****ing Gorges.

After watching habs24, I don't think he's bad. The players he's got just suck. He asks them to be physical and they do squat.

By the way, something is broken with thisteam, aside from the injuries. They look like they don't care. They have played lifeless 6 out of the last 9 periods.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Good:
Desharnais
Bourque
Moen
Holland
Beaulieu
Markov
Gallagher

OK:
Eller
Price
Plekanec
Gionta

Bad:
Subban
Galchenyuk
Diaz
Gorges
White

Subban was HORRIBLE defensively tonight and aside from 2-3 chances he didn't do much. I was also not impressed with his game against the Predators saturday night.

Galchenyuk was trying to be way too fancy with the puck tonight, he must have turned over the puck a dozen times tonight.

When we're losing like this, I get sick of Diaz and Gorges real easy. Diaz is so soft holy **** and he falls so easily its not even funny. He did do a good pass on Plekanec's 2 on 1 but that's about it.

Plekanec hasn't been himself defensively 5 on 5 all year, I don't know what he's doing wrong but he's not as effective like he usually is.

Oh and I ****ing hate Perron.

next time just bash desharnais, you can mask your lack of knowledge that way (do i really need to add :sarcasm:)

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
The coaching staff deserves a lot of the blame, and as the defense and PK coach, Daigneault did a terrible job even last year, and while none of us know exactly which coaches are responsible for what, it's an estimated guess that he's terrible at his job.

But the defense doesn't help, especially when the only guy who can clear the crease is Subban who shouldn't be wasting his abilities in nonstop scrums, and our third best and biggest defenseman right now who isn't a rookie is Josh ****ing Gorges.

When was the last time you saw a clean breakout from our zone. Every time the puck goes along the boards we get jammed up and it goes back in. On the rare occasion that a forward can chip it out there is nobody there so their D just slams it back in our zone!

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I didn't think the habs were gonna beat the oilers because we look horrible on paper and I'm sad I was right.

habfan1968

Dec 19, 2006
Things I noticed:

Why does DD line always dump and chase when they cannot pursue the puck, even if they get there they get knocked off the puck so easily

The most possession we had is when Subban and Markov were on with Eggs, why is that not the combo on in the last two minutes

The goals I saw against us, just bad D coverage.

The shift that Subban was all beastly, coach cycled in two full D changes before getting him back out there.

Also, I now believe Gionta, and DD need to GTFO and I have been a big supporter of GIO

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You can be as frustrated as you want at DD and then ignore all of the other bigger issues that caused us to lose tonight.

DD was not the reason we lost........

Every time he's on the ice is a black hole of offense. He ruins any chances we have and turns the puck over almost like he's doing it on purpose. He is worse than Gomez.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
When was the last time you saw a clean breakout from our zone. Every time the puck goes along the boards we get jammed up and it goes back in. On the rare occasion that a forward can chip it out there is nobody there so their D just slams it back in our zone!

I thought that was the biggest thing that killed us in the playoffs last year actually. We suck at clearing the puck and gaining the neutral zone, and one counter can turn into an extended period of possession for the opposing team, especially if the Subban-Markov pairing isn't out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad