Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to TB

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
you can blame Ducharme all you want for the season but not this game. The team played good hockey and missed a pass by in inch to put an empty goal and win this. This one is not on the coach.
If Ducharme put Drouin and Hoffman on the ice together to defend a one goal lead in the last two minutes, he can definitely be blamed for the loss.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Same, I didn't watch this one and probably won't watch for a while.

I just don't give a damn anymore. Maybe if Price comes back.
This crap team is saving me money. I didn't subscribe to ESPN+ at the beginning of the season, as I was going to miss most of the Habs games the first couple of weeks. Once I had the time to watch, the team was playing so poorly I decided to keep my money. Had it been like previous years with NHL.tv, I would have bought the entire season package up front.

So, thanks Bergevin and NHL (new TV contract) for saving me some money this year.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
This crap team is saving me money. I didn't subscribe to ESPN+ at the beginning of the season, as I was going to miss most of the Habs games the first couple of weeks. Once I had the time to watch, the team was playing so poorly I decided to keep my money. Had it been like previous years with NHL.tv, I would have bought the entire season package up front.

So, thanks Bergevin and NHL (new TV contract) for saving me some money this year.

im-ok.jpg

Last edited:

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
this is what diving to the bottom looks like. look good while not getting points. so perfect game by the habs. once your the bottom team you can win a game if the 2 points does NOT pull you out of the bottom spot. arizona is still below habs

Reactions: iamtalbot

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
no im happy that we lost

Im just saying Ducharme is a bad coach. The dude knows his team will finish in the bottom 5 of the league , but the way he is coaching , he's not making himself look pretty good for the next season.

Like you play Norlinder 8min a game an offensive dman
then you pick up Clague from waiver and put him on ur first powerplay wave.

Ducharme is coaching to be fired and act he want to go back in the Q.
That's just my point.

Hoffman and Drouin are probably in the top 10 wors forwards in the league defensively and you send them as a coach against Tampa Bay who are on 6v5 in need of a goal.

I never coached but this is simply a dumb decision.
Yeah, I get your point. But I really get the feeling that management has thrown in the towel already.

Reactions: amethyst and BLONG7

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
If I'm not mistaken, I heard Johnson say that the Habs lead the league in ONE thing that isn't some marker for losing: in hits. We outhit everyone everybody. yay. Silver lining? :sarcasm:
Or another way of looking at it ; the team that has more hits at the end of the game is usually the team that chases after the puck instead of of having control of the puck. ;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I can't see Gorton waiting until the TDL to make some changes to this roster, I am in favor of adding picks but I would also like to see some young players added to the current roster to finish out the current season. There is still long way to go but it would be better to go with a youth movement, the vets won't do anything other than taking ice time from the kids.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I can't see Gorton waiting until the TDL to make some changes to this roster, I am in favor of adding picks but I would also like to see some young players added to the current roster to finish out the current season. There is still long way to go but it would be better to go with a youth movement, the vets won't do anything other than taking ice time from the kids.

Wondering if he starts to re-think the timeline with the amount of injuries we're sustaining.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Why do we always seem to just clock out against Tampa?

Tyler Johnson's last-second GWG in Game 3

Blake Coleman's last-second GWG (in the 2nd period) in Game 2

And now this.

Jon Cooper can outcoach us in his sleep.
Forrest Gump could outcoach us in his sleep.

Reactions: rik schau

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
I think if we are acquiring young players back in trades they will be like when we acquired Suzuki, not yet in the nhl but blue chip

Any team contending that has young players that can play at nhl level already will hang on to them due to their low cap hits

I'm fine with this. We need up coming stars just not sure how many teams will give those up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad