Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to TB

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Lekhonen is more infuriating in person than on TV let me tell you. Nearly had an aneurysm watching him with two clear cut chances (one breakaway at that) result in 0 shots on goal.
CC fumbling the puck at critical times.
Suzuki and Hoffman were good.
Savard gaveth and then tooketh away.

Also most of all I hate that I love Perry. Was hoping for 0 points but of course he's clutch and nets the tier.

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Lekhonen is more infuriating in person than on TV let me tell you. Nearly had an aneurysm watching him with two clear cut chances (one breakaway at that) result in 0 shots on goal. CC fumbling the puck at critical times. Suzuki and Hoffman were good. Savard gaveth and then tooketh away.

Also most of all I hate that I love Perry. Was hoping for 0 points but of course he's clutch and needs the tier.

I’m f***ing freaking out about CC. The kid is not like Teflon, he can’t continue to be here with hope it doesn’t break his confidence. I’m probably over reacting; our track record with goal scoring winger prospects is down right abysmal. If they start preaching his 2 way game, I’ll lose my f***ing mind.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I’m f***ing freaking out about CC. The kid is not like Teflon, he can’t continue to be here with hope it doesn’t break his confidence. I’m probably over reacting; our track record with goal scoring winger prospects is down right abysmal. If they start preaching his 2 way game, I’ll lose my f***ing mind.
You don't need to worry much anymore now that Gorton is here. I think he'll be fine and finally feel that the org outside of Ducharme will act in his best interest.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal

I would've expected Bergevin to keep him with this putrid team all year and destroy his confidence for good, but having someone competent in charge who's used to work with talented kids makes me feel way better about the whole thing. I'm confident Gorton will make the right call soon.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What happened? I was watching the whole game but had to leave with four minutes left. Then I come back to to the final details and couldn't believe it.

Geez ... that loss hurts.

TB pulls goalie. Brutal breakaway pass from Hoffman to Drouin. Should have got 3rd goal, but didn't.

Instead, TB comes back into our zone. Stamkos cross feed pass to Perry at net front. Goal. 2-2.

Montreal then aggressively takes the puck into TB's zone. Puck comes around the boards to Savard's area. He decides to stand up his man, which he does, but puck gets by him.

Now, it's a race & odd man rush with players chasing. Dauphin is late on Palat who's in all alone. Goal. 3-2. 30 seconds left. Game over.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
TB pulls goalie. Brutal breakaway pass from Hoffman to Drouin. Should have got 3rd goal, but didn't.

Instead, TB comes back into our zone. Stamkos cross feed pass to Perry at net front. Goal. 2-2.

Montreal then aggressively takes the puck into TB's zone. Puck comes around the boards to Savard's area. He decides to stand up his man, which he does, but puck gets by him.

Now, it's a race & odd man rush with players chasing. Dauphin is late on Palat who's in all alone. Goal. 3-2. 30 seconds left. Game over.
But on the plus side, I had a nice dinner with lava cake.

Good times!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I made myself an omelet and had a bit of chocolate for dessert.
You control what you can my friend.

My work had a team party for the first time in two years... kinda crazy how much we've grown. Nice to get out for some beers and stuff. Anyways, I missed the game. I think I've seen next to nothing this year... for various reasons. That hasn't happened in years but I guess if you're going to miss a season, this would be the one to miss.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Lekhonen is more infuriating in person than on TV let me tell you. Nearly had an aneurysm watching him with two clear cut chances (one breakaway at that) result in 0 shots on goal.

Also most of all I hate that I love Perry. Was hoping for 0 points but of course he's clutch and nets the tier.

His breakaway should've counted as a SOG, it hit the goalies stick.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You control what you can my friend.

My work had a team party for the first time in two years... kinda crazy how much we've grown. Nice to get out for some beers and stuff. Anyways, I missed the game. I think I've seen next to nothing this year... for various reasons. That hasn't happened in years but I guess if you're going to miss a season, this would be the one to miss.

I'm going to my 1st Christmas party in 2 years on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

expy

Nov 2, 2010

He shot on net on the breakaway, Vasilevskiy saved it with the shaft of his stick.

Reactions: Gravity

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

It was a good loss. No points. That's how ya do it boiz I tell ya what *piano desk*

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad