Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
was so disgusted, didnt bother watching OT...

and after hearing/reading about the faceoff thing and the apoligies from the league, guess I was right.

Hermamoud

Feb 21, 2008
It sickens me to say this but if Ottawa and Boston were to face off in a series, I would root for Boston...

idk

Jan 11, 2012
I'm not so sure about that.

With the exception of the game three farce (I suppose farce goes without saying - every game in this series has been a farce thanks to the incompetence of the NHL officials) the Habs have carried the vast majority of the play. They had a lousy game (which I blame at least partially on frustration with the NHL "officials" and their frequent and often baffling reinterpretation of the rules) and have run into problems with an exceptional goalie. We are out chancing them, despite the fact that they have an advantage in total PP's (only Vancouver, Los Angeles and Chicago have a worse PP - PK time). On top of that the officiating has been disgraceful, allowing the Senators to get away with blatant interference (we have gotten away with some too, but to be honest because our game is about speed and transition and lack of size it doesn't make sense for us to play clutch and grab hockey). The only real knock on the team in this series has been inconsistent defense (which is inexcusable) and a lack of drive to the net (although this is somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's difficult to drive the net with a 215 lb gorilla waterskiing behind you).

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
With the exception of the game three farce (I suppose farce goes without saying - every game in this series has been a farce thanks to the incompetence of the NHL officials) the Habs have carried the vast majority of the play. They had a lousy game (which I blame at least partially on frustration with the NHL "officials" and their frequent and often baffling reinterpretation of the rules) and have run into problems with an exceptional goalie. We are out chancing them, despite the fact that they have an advantage in total PP's (only Vancouver, Los Angeles and Chicago have a worse PP - PK time). On top of that the officiating has been disgraceful, allowing the Senators to get away with blatant interference (we have gotten away with some too, but to be honest because our game is about speed and transition and lack of size it doesn't make sense for us to play clutch and grab hockey). The only real knock on the team in this series has been inconsistent defense (which is inexcusable) and a lack of drive to the net (although this is somewhat mitigated by the fact that it's difficult to drive the net with a 215 lb gorilla waterskiing behind you).

100% agree. and i still feel gutted this morning. The habs are not built for the playoffs and the refs are letting everything that is on the line go - which benefits a team of grinders with pylons on D

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Yeah, hopefully this season and "challenging" playoffs become a springboard for future success.

The Habs are clearly the better team but a few details, some under their control, some not in their control have done them in.

there is really nothing left for the optimist.

It is good that we have a young time and can take the long run view...

Many, many winning teams have had similar experiences...

Even those dreaded B's were upset by us before successfully navigating the play-offs.

We must remember that the team over-achieved a bit this year. We are still developing and growing and a bad tasting loss like this could be just what the dr. ordered...

It's probably too late to salvage this series... but next year this team is going to be the class of the division.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I'm not even worried. We excel at coming back from 3-1 down. It's our thing. And this time we get 2 home games. #comebacktime

MayorFord

Feb 13, 2007
there should be consequences for whoever took that decision. not only did it have an impact on yesterday's game but it directly influenced the series. theres a huge difference between being down 3-1 and losing a few starters as a direct result and coming back home to the Bell even 2-2 with the crowd on your side. its rediculous that few blind bozos have that much influence on the outcome.

Halifaxhab*

I hated to see Galchenyuk basically nailed to the bench in the 3rd, even late. More importantly, this series could easily be 3-1 in our favor right now. I am sad about that.

We have two issues...a BIG one and a little one

Staring with the little one - officiating, it sux, but, all the teams have to deal with it, so, at least it's even in that way....but seriously, the NHL needs to take the NFL's lead on this and start with firing those who consistently screw up, especially video replay types

Now on to the BIG issue

This team needs a little more "bite" to their game, not just size....look at Gallagher, he's small but damn he's got some bite. I love the speed, we have some good skill. I know there are some injuriy issues, and there were a couple times we can second guess MT, but seriously, MB has a big job ahead.

habsfantoronto

Ducks GM
Oct 5, 2006
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 10 h

NHL told the Canadiens that linesman made a mistake on the faceoff before the first Sens goal. Faceoff should have been on the left side.

They just couldn't apologize for Ottawa's **** goals that were allowed though.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
didnt' see the game (thank god) watched the highlights, and no brainer the first goal should not have counted, Pathetic the habs were hemmed in their own zone for the last minute giving the other team a chance to score (memories of last season) At the end of the day we only scored two goals and Price never came thru and stole that one game we needed from him.
Saying all that its not over, being the better team all year, we should still be able to beat these guys 3 in row. I wouldn't bet on it obviously but outside chance yeah?

Again with the Price ****.

He kept us in the game until the team unravalled with the kicked in goal. The game tying goal should have been goaltender interference. Turris had Price's stick under his arm. That is a penalty. Also he made no attempt to avoid contact. That's a penalty.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Any one in Montreal going to the next game should not only boo all the Sens players but any time there a linesman has the puck, offside, icing and any call the ref makes.

I don't want to hear any cheering unless the Habs score, Karlsson gets hurt or a big hit. It should be 60 mins of booing.

I for one wouldn't go to the next game and so should everyone else. Don't give another dime to this ******** bush league.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Tough one to swallow isn't it? I think the Canadiens outplayed the Senators and played a perfect road game until the third period.

I really think this is Ottawa's year. They've made some good things but except for game #3 Montreal has been the better team. Other than this they've had some lucky bounces going their way and these bounces are good enough for them.

I'm more pissed at the icing calls than anything else. The goal is debatable while the icing is a weak ass call on an easy play by the referees.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Again with the Price ****.

He kept us in the game until the team unravalled with the kicked in goal. The game tying goal should have been goaltender interference. Turris had Price's stick under his arm. That is a penalty. Also he made no attempt to avoid contact. That's a penalty.

Didn't see the replay, but the Habs have been ***** by the referees with the interference calls. Remember Anderson getting shot two times? Two penalties. I know it's unpopular to bash the referees but they've been god damn awful.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Tough one to swallow isn't it? I think the Canadiens outplayed the Senators and played a perfect road game until the third period.

I really think this is Ottawa's year. They've made some good things but except for game #3 Montreal has been the better team. Other than this they've had some lucky bounces going their way and these bounces are good enough for them.

I'm more pissed at the icing calls than anything else. The goal is debatable while the icing is a weak ass call on an easy play by the referees.
If Ottawa needs this much ref help to get past us(2 goals for us disallowed and 1 or 2 freebies given to them), then it is sure has hell NOT their year. The league has more "favored" teams like Pittsburgh or Boston.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
The thing that bothers me. Is the icing call on karrlsson. He let p and they should have waved it off.

The player has to make a direct line to the puck. Neither icing did they make a direct line, they also decided to slow down after noticing the puck would cross the line.

Garry ****ing Galley even said so himself on CBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad