Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
It's a joke that this guy won a Norris trophy

Paul MacLean on Karlsson's game "we like it when he plays for us. Sometimes tonight it felt like he was playing for both teams."

If there is a hit coming, he's in another area code.

BadHabit

Mar 29, 2006
Canada
Definitely not a goal. If you watch at around 6 seconds of this video, it's CLEAR that he first is going to stop by pointing his skates in one direction, and then turns them at the last second to bank the puck in. And you cant make the argument that he was trying to not run over Price, he was barely moving at the time.

That's not even to mention the icings, the face off position, or the lack of penalties given to the Sens while the Habs were "falling" 30 feet from the puck and being interfered with so they couldn't chase the puck into the zone.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Not to crap on Tinordi but this series he's had his struggles. On one of the Pageau goals he backed in and gave up too much room, on the soccer goal yesterday he should have been defending the front of the net against an incoming player(Zibanejad) instead of trying to halfheartedly block the pass.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Definitely not a goal. If you watch at around 6 seconds of this video, it's CLEAR that he first is going to stop by pointing his skates in one direction, and then turns them at the last second to bank the puck in. And you cant make the argument that he was trying to not run over Price, he was barely moving at the time.

That's not even to mention the icings, the face off position, or the lack of penalties given to the Sens while the Habs were "falling" 30 feet from the puck and being interfered with so they couldn't chase the puck into the zone.

Toronto was really quick in making their decision. I find this strange as it was certainly an important call to get right and there was so motion there. Almost like they did not want to have a good look at it.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Not to crap on Tinordi but this series he's had his struggles. On one of the Pageau goals he backed in and gave up too much room, on the soccer goal yesterday he should have been defending the front of the net against an incoming player(Zibanejad) instead of trying to halfheartedly block the pass.

No doubt. Just remember he's 21 and he's player about 10 NHL games.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
What a frustrating series...
Character-building either way (win or loose). I think our young guys are learning that the play-offs require the most diligent 60 minutes possible, extreme discipline and even then nothing is guaranteed.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
If that is not a kicking motion, I don't know what is. His skate actually comes off the ice and is angled towards the net. ****ing farce.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No doubt. Just remember he's 21 and he's player about 10 NHL games.

Not trying to crap on him, just saying he isn't ready for that level of play. At this point, Drewiske probably gives us a better chance to win. More reliable and more experienced.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
What a frustrating series...
Character-building either way (win or loose). I think our young guys are learning that the play-offs require the most diligent 60 minutes possible, extreme discipline and even then nothing is guaranteed.

Yeah, hopefully this season and "challenging" playoffs become a springboard for future success.

The Habs are clearly the better team but a few details, some under their control, some not in their control have done them in.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
What the hell... you can see the kicking action quite clearly! How does the Refs on the ice miss this? How does the war room in Toronto not see the ankle kick motion too? Robbed, just plain robbed!!!

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Yeah, hopefully this season and "challenging" playoffs become a springboard for future success.

The Habs are clearly the better team but a few details, some under their control, some not in their control have done them in.

I'm not so sure about that.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I was actually so sure they were going to wave it off. He ****ing moves his leg forward and follows through :cry:

Same. I kept saying "ok, good. still up 2. no goal. he kicked it"

and then they ****ing allow it. unbelievable, man. I'm even more pissed off today than I was last night.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
didnt' see the game (thank god) watched the highlights, and no brainer the first goal should not have counted, Pathetic the habs were hemmed in their own zone for the last minute giving the other team a chance to score (memories of last season) At the end of the day we only scored two goals and Price never came thru and stole that one game we needed from him.
Saying all that its not over, being the better team all year, we should still be able to beat these guys 3 in row. I wouldn't bet on it obviously but outside chance yeah?

Superstar Tom Pyatt

Aug 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fc*kin rigged of a league. Clearly NHL wants Ottawa to win this game.

How in the world can they assigned a Ref from Ontario in this serie (Tim Peel)?

Why can't they assigned a ref from the US..

And when you google "Tim Peel" all you see is "Tim Peel is the worst ref"

And another instance you see "Montreal Canadiens VS Chris Lee & Tim Peel" :help::rant:

This mofo Tim Peel must be anti-canadiens or something. Shows you integrity of Nhl :'(

Don't wonder why Habs got only 1 powerplay and the rest all to Ottawa.. go figure.

Anyways here's the bio of that ugly mofo of Tim Peel

Birthday: 4/27/1966
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
League: NHL
NHLOA Member Since: 9/1/1995

Regular Season Games: 816
First Regular Season: 1999/2000
First Regular Season Game:
COLORADO @ OTTAWA - 10/21/1999

Playoff Games: 60
First Playoff Season: 2001/2002
First Playoff Game:
PHOENIX @ SAN JOSE - 4/17/2002

All Star Games Worked

Amateur Career Highlights

Worked team Canada vs Russia in New-Brunswick in 1990

Professional Career Highlights

My first NHL game in Ottawa on 10/21/1999 [COLvsOtt]. I worked with Van Mass, Pat Dappuzo and Kovey....The guys were great

Taken From: http://www.nhlofficials.com/previous_fo.asp?member_id=2071

NOW IS IT ME OR YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ONTARIO AND OTTAWA IN HIS BIO..HMMMMMM SHADY AZZZZ MOFOCKERS!!

Shut up, please. You're embarrassing yourself.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Really wish I hadn't seen the vid made before the Gif, because he is barely moving. It makes it even more of a kicking motion. I guess when you aren't even gliding you need your foot to move forward and turn the heel inward to stop? What hockey school teaches this?

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006

and then they ****ing allow it. unbelievable, man. I'm even more pissed off today than I was last night.

When I saw the replay, before I saw the refs were gonna reevaluate it, I was sure they were gonna refuse it since it was so blatant.

Guess the refs in this league are always gonna surprise me...

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If that is not a kicking motion, I don't know what is. His skate actually comes off the ice and is angled towards the net. ****ing farce.

That was probably the problematic in this decision. You CAN direct the puck, but you can't kick it. The officials on the ice said good goal, so they had to, without a doubt, identify a kicking motion. I feel there is one, but I can see how they could think it was breaking + changing the direction of the skate.

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012

We all cheered when we saw the replay. We were 100% certain it'd be waived off.
The replay showing Bergevin's (and the rest of the head office) reaction to the call says it all - jaws dropped, anger, frustration.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
That was probably the problematic in this decision. You CAN direct the puck, but you can't kick it. The officials on the ice said good goal, so they had to, without a doubt, identify a kicking motion. I feel there is one, but I can see how they could think it was breaking + changing the direction of the skate.

Yea but lifting your foot and then pushing it forward is a kickign motion. In that kind of game, how do you make that call so quickly? Terrible.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
tumblr_mmgmb4Q1ej1qg7suao2_500.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yea but lifting your foot and then pushing it forward is a kickign motion. In that kind of game, how do you make that call so quickly? Terrible.

They literally looked at it maybe twice and deemed good goal. ****ing stupid.

"Gotta make this call to keep the momentum in the building for Ottawa."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad