Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
The player has to make a direct line to the puck. Neither icing did they make a direct line, they also decided to slow down after noticing the puck would cross the line.

Garry ****ing Galley even said so himself on CBC.

I dunno, seemed like a direct path to me, here's the proof:

BJvm-vECcAEftlQ.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I aint even mad anymore. More disappointed in the league and its officiating. I don't know how Karlsson can go from flying up the ice into the offensive zone and then in the final minute, skates slower than Hal ****ing Gill on that 'icing' call.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I aint even mad anymore. More disappointed in the league and its officiating. I don't know how Karlsson can go from flying up the ice into the offensive zone and then in the final minute, skates slower than Hal ****ing Gill on that 'icing' call.

watching other series (out west mostly) I was already disgusted (kinda) by the reffing in the P.O. but seeing how ALL of Ott. were scored, well... disgusted isnt a strong enough word.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
going to try and stay away from all the ****ing idiots in the main GDT. no point. there is no dialogue going on, only shots and trolling

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
They obviously let the icing call go because the refs had to make the game as close as possible. If they would've waved it off like they should have the game was basically over but oh no Bettman and the NHL need to make games as dramatic as possible even at the expense of a team

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
at least he didn't use the word 'rispeck' gotta give him credit, he's better than 99% of the extremely original Sens fan base in that regard.

Last edited:

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
I hope that in the future Therrien won't blow his time out 5minutes in the first period to rest players that aren't tired.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it's mind-boggling the complete officiating inconsistency in this series. But you know what? for 5+ years habs relied on zebras to keep things copacetic in the playoffs, but it's a bad idea. Teams playing on the edge get away with a ton more. it "seems" zebras mostly call penalties on scoring chances that are stopped...which makes some sense because a goal is what decides a game (usually). whistles put away for everything else - thus speed and transition is obstructed, hooked etc..

so the habs are not built for the playoffs. this D is by FAR the smallest in the NHL playoffs. So no net clearing, no intimidation and no physicality. The forwards, many small, many unwilling to go into the greasy areas, and several injury prone (perhaps because of size)

and lastly of course the dumb calls. the eller hit, anderson flopping but price not (imagine if he had on 2nd goal, does it get called back?)

i could say more but want to punch the keyboard lol

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If we really are going to have a first-round exit, may as well have Diaz taken out of play and replaced with Beaulieu.

Why?

That would be moronic. Diaz is playing well and Beaulieu can only play 15-16 minutes and struggles defensively. We are already overusing Tinordi.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
This loss still hurts this morning...

I just can't get over how bad we got screwed yesterday, i'm not usually the one to throw the blame around but LOL WUT.

RealCity

Nov 14, 2008
MontREAL
Anyone see the Sens bench after they showed Zibanejad's goal on the scoreboard at ScotiaBank place?

They all looked really dejected, I wonder why?

Just imagine the backlash if the Habs scored like that and it was deemed a good goal.

Just imagine.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Anyone see the Sens bench after they showed Zibanejad's goal on the scoreboard at ScotiaBank place?

They all looked really dejected, I wonder why?

Just imagine the backlash if the Habs scored like that and it was deemed a good goal.

Just imagine.

watch zibanejad after the goal! there's no ****ing celebration. lol. he doesn't think it will count.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I thought that after a good night'S sleep I'd see the light on that goal, and understand that maybe it should have counted... IT'S WORSE THIS MORNING!!! How people can't see that kick?? Boggles my mind...

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
We can blame the league, we can blame the refs, we came blame the world, the fact is; we had this victory in the pocket with 20 minutes to go.

As long as we have guys like Gorges, Diaz and Gionta playing major roles for this team, it will happen.

Not a fan of Therrien's coaching neither. Galchenyuk was by far our MVP last night and we started benching him after 2 periods. I mean... I HOPE it's not going to be the case next season. Because if he keeps it up, he'll be our best player, our MVP, and it won't be even close.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
People want to improve the play in our end yet want to replace one of our d-men with a guy who's 20 and still struggles defensively...this boggles my mind.

Agreed... I don't even know if Beaulieu will be ready for the NHL next year. He has a few things to work on. In the meantime, we really have to do something about our defense. What is our record since losing Emelin. He is more important than many gave him credit for.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

That was jaw dropping.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Many here are a bunch of cry babies and like the Habs, are too soft.
Quit making excuses about an icing. It was called so deal with it. They still had to score a goal and they did.
You should be mad at how scared we played in the 3rd just trying to hang on. That is what bothers me the most, not some silly icing call.
Quit your crying......

Jesus C!!!! I'm usually a fan of Montreal, actually wanted you guys to win this one but you now seem like sore losers. "OMG the league wants us to lose!", "Bergevin needs to call the league tomorrow morning arrrghhh". Are you kidding me?!

Just stop it. You're making yourselves look like idiots.

Exactly. It is too foolish to talk about. The Habs lost the game, whether by reason of sitting back in the third period or injuries or whatever. The refs/league were not waging a conspiracy to see the Habs lose - the Habs controlled their own destiny and unfortunately were not able to get the win. That's it.

Stupid posts. There was a plan to get this W with the 2-0 lead and people can call it sitting back all they want. Ottawa was not getting any good chances and it was because we were shutting them down in the neutral zone and keeping the shots to the outside for the most part. The goals they scored were NOT goals (one outright and the other with two non-icings after we had used up our timeout). This isn't complaining about the reffing subjectively. This is OBJECTIVE. Blow calls, should not have been goals. Not sure why you think this is whining. It's just plain wrong.

You can act all high and mighty, but you're the ones looking like idiots if you think that was in any way acceptable in a pivotal playoff game.

And now let's see how Kerry Fraser will defend the good goal call...

HAHAHA:laugh:

something to smile about.

Win game 5 and then we'll see where we stand.

Stef*

Habs have been favored all year with more powerplay than everybody in the league
When series come ref are a little bit more tolerant
Its always been like that
About Ref calls ,you win some you lose some
Thats part of the game
The goal was reviewed in toronto its not ref fault
If the D covers zibenejad more closely its not even happening
The problem is the D its benn all series
Diaz gorges markov are too small

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
I was utterly perplexed by the two icing calls in the final 2 minutes of the games that would have been called off in any other situation with the half arsed skating effort by Gonchar to get to the puck as slowly as possible. This was an oddly officiated game with no rhyme or reason to the calls and non-calls. How was the first Ottawa goal not considered to be redirected with the skate intentionally? Was the game rigged? No. This isn't a conspiracy theory TV movie of the week. The Habs simply have to come out on the ice in Montreal with a huge chip on their shoulder knowing that this is a do or die game. Ottawa was not better last night but fortunate in being gifted the chance to tie it up.

Poorly done, yes. Rigged, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad