Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Bergevin was visibly pissed. I wonder what his reaction will be in the summer. We've outplayed them in 75% of periods but are down 3-1. We're out scored something like 8-0 in the third period?

DumFries

Jun 18, 2009
Shawinigan
Heartbreaking loss. Even if Mtl scores 10 goals, Ottawa will win no matter what. The refs last night were bad as usual. It's just one of those destiny things. Ottawa will get destroyed in the second round, so no worries.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Also very depressed this morning. What we saw last nice was disgusting officiating. The NHL should be ashamed.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Our Habs should start using their skates to score.

I've never been so bitter towards refs + video replay judges during a series with our Habs involved. Should be 2-2.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Also very depressed this morning. What we saw last nice was disgusting officiating. The NHL should be ashamed.

The NHL should go **** themselves.

After what Chara did to Pacioretty and then gets away with it to win the Cup...
Now this...

**** YOU NHL.
**** YOU REFS.
**** YOU video judges.
**** YOU Colin Campbell.
**** YOU Shanahan, you piece of ****.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Many here are a bunch of cry babies and like the Habs, are too soft.
Quit making excuses about an icing. It was called so deal with it. They still had to score a goal and they did.
You should be mad at how scared we played in the 3rd just trying to hang on. That is what bothers me the most, not some silly icing call.
Quit your crying......

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
I honestly can't remember so much bull over my 33 years of watching hockey. It's not even about last night. That's what is really bugging me. That is, I don't care that we dropped game 4, let the Sens have it!!! Good for them. But the way it happened was disturbing!!! This has been rampant in over 48 games of the regular season - other games I've seen amongst the other 29 teams. Sens deserve the win on merit, ethic & attack but this league sucks.

NHL F....something off

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
Sad to say this but Therrien is at fault for this lost. Poor decisions overall in the 3rd period. How the fc*k do you play Ryder at the end of the game (crucial time to protect a lead) when this chump has no puck skills whatsoever, can't win battles, handles the stick and puck like a clumsy bambi, no will no motivation no fight, has hockey vision of a 6 years old and skates and floats like his being dragged by 30 tons of bricks.

He singlehandedly cleared the puck after the icing and then went off. He can hardly be blamed for the loss.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Jesus C!!!! I'm usually a fan of Montreal, actually wanted you guys to win this one but you now seem like sore losers. "OMG the league wants us to lose!", "Bergevin needs to call the league tomorrow morning arrrghhh". Are you kidding me?!

Just stop it. You're making yourselves look like idiots.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Probably best for my blood pressure to not think about last night's game for much longer. But **** that ******** goal to make it 2-1. And then of course Price gets hurt and Budaj lets that in. :rant:

I didn't like how the team played in the 3rd period though. Instead of trying to win the game they tried not to lose it and that obviously didn't work out very well.

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
It's common knowledge that the refs blow calls, some unfortunatly bigger then others but every team from what I've seen in these playoffs have had calls go against them. Game was lost when the Habs couldn't gain puck control at the end of the game and clear the net, needless to say that ugly over time goal, period!

cupwatcher2014

Dec 3, 2008
Jesus C!!!! I'm usually a fan of Montreal, actually wanted you guys to win this one but you know seem like sore losers. "OMG the league wants us to lose!", "Bergevin needs to call the league tomorrow morning arrrghhh". Are you kidding me?

Just stop it. You're making yourselves look like idiots.

Exactly. It is too foolish to talk about. The Habs lost the game, whether by reason of sitting back in the third period or injuries or whatever. The refs/league were not waging a conspiracy to see the Habs lose - the Habs controlled their own destiny and unfortunately were not able to get the win. That's it.

BoNeS42

Aug 19, 2006
Wake up not thinking about the loss. My GF gives me a cup of coffee with a sad face on it. FUUUUUUUUUUU

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Looking at it again...honestly...there might be "some" debate as to it should be allowed or not. But then you see the goal that they dissallowed to Sedin and you are more frustrated that it did count....

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
Looking at it again...honestly...there might be "some" debate as to it should be allowed or not. But then you see the goal that they dissallowed to Sedin and you are more frustrated that it did count....
No consistently with the league. I am so furious. Not with the loss but with the inconsistency of the refs....and it will continue...all the way to the final. Why care about hockey when the league robs you? Maybe the Leafs or the Bruins will be robbed tomorrow. Why should we care. The refs need to run the show. I'm not angry my beloved Habs lost. I'm more so worried hockey doesn't matter anymore. Just the ref show

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Exactly. It is too foolish to talk about. The Habs lost the game, whether by reason of sitting back in the third period or injuries or whatever. The refs/league were not waging a conspiracy to see the Habs lose - the Habs controlled their own destiny and unfortunately were not able to get the win. That's it.

No conspiracy but a series of really terrible calls (2 icing, FO on the wrong side and kick in) heavily contributed to the loss. If you think this is a non issue then you are not being realistic either.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Many here are a bunch of cry babies and like the Habs, are too soft.
Quit making excuses about an icing. It was called so deal with it. They still had to score a goal and they did.
You should be mad at how scared we played in the 3rd just trying to hang on. That is what bothers me the most, not some silly icing call.
Quit your crying......

Every team in the NHL "hangs on" in the 3rd with a 2 goal lead. Were you born yesterday?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Also all the face-off shenanigans. WTF is up with that. Refs are killing the game. They did not do this all year. Why change in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad