Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-1 to Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There's not many teams right now that don't have at least 2 ROW.

New Jersey (6 games played)
Ottawa (5 games played)
Chicago (4 games played)
Dallas (7 games played)
Minnesota (6 games played)
Montreal (6 games played)

It's a good thing we got some losers point here and there….but this is a source of concern so far.
For a bubble team, this is the 1st tie breaker for a PO spots in case of a tie.
We are a step back in everything right now.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's not many teams right now that don't have at least 2 ROW.

New Jersey (6 games played)
Ottawa (5 games played)
Chicago (4 games played)
Dallas (7 games played)
Minnesota (6 games played)
Montreal (6 games played)

It's a good thing we got some losers point here and there….but this is a source of concern so far.
For a bubble team, this is the 1st tie breaker for a PO spots in case of a tie.
We are a step back in everything right now.
Yeah, it's a poor start for us. However, the standings will rebalance dramatically in the next month, although there's no way to tell how. Only two weeks into the season and we already see how totally lame everyone's predictions were. Like every year.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, it's a poor start for us. However, the standings will rebalance dramatically in the next month, although there's no way to tell how. Only two weeks into the season and we already see how totally lame everyone's predictions were. Like every year.

Agreed. Everyone has Tampa to win the Atlantic and it don't work that way. Every season has surprises and injuries. Game is not played on paper and the parity in the NHL is very competitive.

Reactions: angusyoung

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Molson needs to make a decision ....because we know the coward Bergevin will not....he has stayed in the middle for 8 years......never going all in trading 1st round picks and prospects to go for it....and never tearing it down and getting top 5 picks...it is clear now that they need to clean house ....Bergevin and Julien need to go and hand over the reins to Bouchard and Ducharme and start a proper rebuild or retool with your young core.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
he's still very inconsistent and he just had a bad game by his own standards so its a weird time to bring this up. This is a typical example of looking at the box-score instead of the game. He'll get there, but he's still far from polished and on some nights, like tonight, it shows.
What exactly are you implying? I have yet to even see the box-score. He was better than any Dman not named Petry on our side. Read the GDT man there were remarks about his good play.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Lots of drama after a loss as expected. I think they actually played ok considering they basically had zero chance against Tampa. We simply do not have the personnel to contain a line like Stamkos-Point-Kucherov. Especially these guys on the PP.

Suzuki had some really good moments but he is still a small step behind the play. That will come with experience.

Kotkaniemi, I have said before we should not have any expectations for someone that young. That being said he looked so completely gassed at multiple times during the game. Never seen someone look so tired. He's a young guy and the season just started, I found that so weird.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
I don't see the love in sticking Mete with Weber. The guy won't ever score a goal in the NHL for christ sakes. Why not play Fleury with Weber and give him the same chances Mete had.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Molson needs to make a decision ....because we know the coward Bergevin will not....he has stayed in the middle for 8 years......never going all in trading 1st round picks and prospects to go for it....and never tearing it down and getting top 5 picks...it is clear now that they need to clean house ....Bergevin and Julien need to go and hand over the reins to Bouchard and Ducharme and start a proper rebuild or retool with your young core.

Molson? lol...he's the one saying our window is from 3-8 years, so he's alright with it, it seems.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
This 'unsustainable career year' warning applies more to Boston, Toronto, Florida (and many more teams) than it does to Montreal.

You keep bringing up Boston like they're playing over their heads. They aren't. All those teams you listed have multiple players with far more talent than ANYONE on the Montreal roster. I would argue that most teams in the east have at least one elite level guy (save for the bottom feeders... maybe that's where we belong?).

Our best forwards are Drouin (who is playing well), Domi and Gallagher. Love Domi and Gallagher but you cannot compare them to Pastranak, Marchand, Huberdeau, Barkov, Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Marner, Matthews, Eichel, Crosby, Ovechkin, Panarin, Giroux, etc..... These are guys simply on another level, maybe even 2 tiers above our guys. And shockingly, these guys ALWAYS give Montreal a ton of trouble when we play them.

It's very hard to compete when your best player is a goalie, your best forwards aren't elite, and you can't contain other teams' top lines because your defense is a mess and your best dman is Petry (it should be Weber, but I have no clue what's up with him this year).

Have to agree here. I refuse to believe that many other teams can develop prospects into peak players, but we can't. This is ridiculous.

Why? We are constrained to the same small group of coaches. We can't get anyone new, it's just rehashing the same group of guys that didn't work out here in the past. Not only that, but it's the same group of coaches from the same era, all using the same tactics and with the same mentality. Who's next? I can guarantee you at some point Alain Vigneault will coach this team again.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
fbSOGK2.jpg
upload_2019-10-16_10-0-26.jpeg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I said it before and i'll say it again, leave Weber unprotected in the Seattle expansion. Unfortunately, Bergevin doesn't have the balls

I don't think you can change the status of a mountain it probably requires federal approval of some sort.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
We have another issue in that the teams we seem to struggle against nowadays are in our own division. It's self evident why this is a problem.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad