Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-1 to Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
well it's not exactly shocking that we don't have the fire power up front of basically the same team that almost had the best regular season record in NHL history last year.

Having said that, we should have signed some of the available UFA's this summer (Nyquist, MoJo, Dzingle) in case Suzuki and Poehling weren't ready.
Funny - throughout June the two players I was focused on were Dzingle and Nyquist. Not superstars, but both are solid top-6 guys. Oh well...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Funny - throughout June the two players I was focused on were Dzingle and Nyquist. Not superstars, but both are solid top-6 guys. Oh well...

What's most worrisome is MB was on l'antichambre recently and he was asked why he didn't get Nyquist.

His answer was; I'm not a fan of the player. Nyquist had 60 points last year. Cousins 27, Thompson and Weal even less. Yet he signs the latter 3 and says he's not a fan of Nyquist.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
You're starting?...
Welcome to 2017.
It's been clearly more obvious by the end of last season and the start of this season. Sorry for expressing my opinion. So yeah...I'm starting. He was still productive and didnt look as bad as he does now.

Reactions: Runner77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's been clearly more obvious by the end of last season and the start of this season. Sorry for expressing my opinion. So yeah...I'm starting. He was still productive and didnt look as bad as he does now.
I mean..really all depends what your reference point is. Nashville fans were discussing this before he was even traded. The Weber we got in Mtl, from day 1, looked nothing like prime time Weber. It was a slow progress down that would become more and more obvious as the league keeps shifting towards speed and puck movement.

If you're only looking at his time in Mtl...he had a pretty good first year...then was injured for almost all of year 2...missed first part of year 3 and looked decent-bad for a good stretch of his season. Looks the same now.

So..depends how you look at it, but really the talk of Weber declining started in Nashville before the trade.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I mean..really all depends what your reference point is. Nashville fans were discussing this before he was even traded. The Weber we got in Mtl, from day 1, looked nothing like prime time Weber. It was a slow progress down that would become more and more obvious as the league keeps shifting towards speed and puck movement.

If you're only looking at his time in Mtl...he had a pretty good first year...then was injured for almost all of year 2...missed first part of year 3 and looked decent-bad for a good stretch of his season. Looks the same now.

So..depends how you look at it, but really the talk of Weber declining started in Nashville before the trade.
I can't disagree with anything you posted actually. Pretty bang on. Serious.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Nate ''the great'' Thompson, and then call someone up from Laval. If you're going to single out your 19 year old 3rd overall pick every time he's responsible for a GA, give him 0 PP time, and limited EV minutes, he might as well be playing 20+ minutes in Laval.

Don't think this is a middle of the pack team. Carey Price has played 5 games, and he has yet to have a game with fewer than 3GA. He is getting lit up. This enthusiastic bunch will come out of the gate 100% always, and that's going to get us points here and there. But this is a really ****ing bad team.

They're middle of the pack when they play over their heads.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you are saying Weal is a couple years away from being a diamond in the rough?

That would appear to be the idea. I mean, I had never known the true meaning of the expression prior to MB educating me about it. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I know how much McGuire is despised by some around here but fact is, when the Weber trade was announced, he was adamant about how much mileage was on Weber's body, the punishment he took on account of the style he played and the type of flying he had to endure in the Western Conference.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I know how much McGuire is despised by some around here but fact is, when the Weber trade was announced, he was adamant about how much mileage was on Weber's body, the punishment he took on account of the style he played and the type of flying he had to endure in the Western Conference.

The whole 690 team knew that. They were talking about it weeks before the trade, it started the day Nash got clubbered in game 7 against the Sharks.

Pee-air is no genius

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That would appear to be the idea. I mean, I had never known the true meaning of the expression prior to MB educating me about it. :sarcasm:

LOL I associate the true meaning of the phrase from watching Disney's Aladdin a zillion times with my daughter when she was growing up. I'm still searching for the Prince in Weber.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Yep once they got the lead they just shut down a very limited in talent team
A team that is now in the EIGHT (vomit) season of the grand vision of the General Manager.

Build through the draft and trade them away or bury them, once in a while you might get one or 2 right and your cheerleaders will use these rare Pokemon’s to act like he’s done a good job.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The whole 690 team knew that. They were talking about it weeks before the trade, it started the day Nash got clubbered in game 7 against the Sharks.

Pee-air is no genius

Like I was saying, Pee Air is despised. :laugh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I wouldn't want him as a GM but he works so many games...he should have a good pulse on how most players are.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Its also why the drouin trade hurt us. We needed exactly what sergechev brought. Even if he doesn't amount to more than a good 3rd D, its still light years ahead of our LD currently.
So true and he is having a great start to the year in Tampa...I so wish that trade was never made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad