Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 3-1 to Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Bingo. I'm sure our players train and practice one-timers, but their effectiveness is limited by their individual levels of natural talent. Despite all the practice and coaching, our roster simply can't do what Tampa and so many other teams do with the puck. And our GM can't seem to acquire the talent that so many other GMs have managed to acquire. So we're stuck with a team of Unnatural-born-killers.
Personally, it’s not the fault of our players. It’s on those individuals who’re bringing them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
People will say that Montreal were better on 3rd period but in fact. Tampa were just playing defensively and they knew that montreal offense is not very deep. So thats was easy to contain them
Exactly. It's like the NFL when teams go up by 20-30 points, the intensity is often not there from the winning team, I call it letting off the gas. 82 games is a long tough schedule and why not conserve some energy if you can, that's what good teams can do. We have 24 cups and I have watched some of our greater teams(In the 70s) do that routinely to bottom feeder/low talent teams.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
DO you seriously think adding Poehling to this lineup will suddenly make it a playoff team? This team is more on the bubble than last season and their play so far has shown that. Only one regulation win and 4 loses in 6 game is not a great start by any stretch.

I'm more predicting what I think will happen, rather than defending what the team is. I'm just trying to add some non-hyperbolic criticisms to the discourse.

This team is very different than last year. Definitely on the bubble, but for entirely different reasons.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs acquire players like Folin while the Tampa pro scouts encourage the GM to acquire a young RD like Cernak....that’s one of the differences between a well managed organization and an incompetent one.

Let me ask you this... was Cernak ever considered a diamond in a rough?

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Weber was by far the Habs worst player, maybe trying to spark him up would be a good idea because hes been atrocious since the last 40 games of last year!!
I'm really starting to think that Weber is becoming a victim of the new NHL before our eyes. Another great player that has been significantly impacted by the game changing to youth and speed. Just my opinion, too bad we don't currently have a good #3 RD that could slot into a #2 RD role at the moment because I would look to trade Weber before it becomes even more obvious to anyone watching.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm really starting to think that Weber is becoming a victim of the new NHL before our eyes. Another great player that has been significantly impacted by the game changing to youth and speed. Just my opinion, too bad we don't currently have a good #3 RD that could slot into a #2 RD role at the moment because I would look to trade Weber before it becomes even more obvious to anyone watching.

The only way I see Weber getting traded is if Habs have a new GM who doesn't care about hiding and admitting his predecessor's mistakes. If Habs can get a steady second pairing defensemen for Weber I'd consider it a lucky trade.

Weber will not get traded (unless he openly tells Bergevin off) while Bergevin is in power.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I agree.
Now, it's all about speed.
Weber's game never been about speed.

It's not about hitting hard and everything, defensive first style of game anymore.
But it's in that era that Weber made his name and reputation.

Then you add that he's 34 years old….the league won't slow down and Weber won't be faster.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Domi-KK-Drouin
Lehkonen-Suzuki-Armia
Byron-Poehling-Weal
Thompson

So obvious...
If suzuki takes thompson's spotas 4c, we're not far from that.

If Domi's line struggles maybe they call up Poehling to play wing on it. Then they swap Domi and Poehling and Poehling's playing center.

kk's in cj's doghouse. he ain't getting the 2c spot anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You're starting?...
Welcome to 2017.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good seats. Lousy game.

Tampa's shots were quicker and harder than anything by the Habs. Montreal had a few good shots, but most were shovelled towards the net, right into Vasilevskiy's chest. Same old story -- we can set them up but we can't finish. The Habs are a bunch of Abbotts in search of a Costello.

Petry is our #1 defenseman. It's not even close at the moment.

well it's not exactly shocking that we don't have the fire power up front of basically the same team that almost had the best regular season record in NHL history last year.

Having said that, we should have signed some of the available UFA's this summer (Nyquist, MoJo, Dzingle) in case Suzuki and Poehling weren't ready.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Bottom 5 in the league in both GA/G and PK% to start the year and the coach calls out KK after the game? Seems like the numbers indicate that everyone has been lost defensively for two weeks now.
But KK doesn't play on the PK, so it must be his fault. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad