GDT: Habs @ Leafs - Oct 2, 7pm RDS. SN1 (preseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Not as funny as your apologizing for him after yet another terrible performance.

All of his posts defending DD, MT and how the team played are funny as hell. Seriously. He's trying so hard. :laugh:

All of the players were pretty bad. I don't know why he feels the need to defend that. It was just a bad showing by the kids.

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
65764352.jpg

It's pre season lolll

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
They won't be the worst team in the league this year.

I think there's a very real chance they will be, which will only make them scarier with another high end draft pick.

Their defense is still well below average and most of their forwards are also not very good without the puck.

The jury is still out on whether they have made their goaltending better.

They will be a lot more fun to watch this season, but that is still going to be a really bad hockey team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Therrien saying as it is about Scherbak. It doesn't happen often...but I so agree with him. Tough game for Scherbak, slow in his reactions.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
All of his posts defending DD, MT and how the team played are funny as hell. Seriously. He's trying so hard. :laugh:

All of the players were pretty bad. I don't know why he feels the need to defend that. It was just a bad showing by the kids.

In preseason.

I'm sure we will have the same conversations during the regular season when the Habs are winning and the same players/coaches get trashed over and over.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Honestly, if you think it's some kind of "moral victory' to get to overtime against the worst team in the league with an "AHL roster" by all means, do your thing.

But don't expect to have a lot of people agree with you.

That was half of the last place team in the NHL with a back up goalie and a minor leaguer.

LOL more people will agree with me than with you.
No one was expecting this habs lineup to win or come close to winning against this leafs lineup. You can go check what was said before the game started. Even leaf fans were expecting to blow us out because of our lineup.

Heck even the best ahl lineup should still lose against the worst nhl lineup. And we actually had one of the worst ahl lineup and we managed to almost win.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Honestly, if you think it's some kind of "moral victory' to get to overtime against the worst team in the league with an "AHL roster" by all means, do your thing.

But don't expect to have a lot of people agree with you.

That was half of the last place team in the NHL with a back up goalie and a minor leaguer.

3 pts out of 4 on the road back to back with mainly an AHL roster. Not the best games but the team hung into both and got results above their heads.

Keep in mind this was what 5 games in 7 days. I don't think we can take to much from the roster we have seen except for a few individual performances. The next two games will show us more of the team as we should expect most of our regulars in the lineup.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
In preseason.

I'm sure we will have the same conversations during the regular season when the Habs are winning and the same players/coaches get trashed over and over.

I don't care much about the vets.. but in the preseason its where the kids should play to prove the team that they deserve a shot with the big team. Carr, Andrighetto, McCarron and Hudon did not make a great impression . There was a open spot for them and they all failed IMO. Not much progression from last season. It was disappointing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
3 on 3 is fun to watch but it's... stupid considering points are decided that way.

It's funny how the NHL thinks more goals = success but the most popular sport in the world has 0-0 draws constantly.

Maybe they should make regulation wins worth 3 points OT/SO wins worth two points and OT losses worth 1. I hate the current system since it favours nothing but speed and skill... Two things that rarely matter in the playoffs.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Agreed, the Matthews love is ridiculous and it'll be all about him every game this season whether he does anything or not.

Why do I get the feeling he will score a goal from the bench, like Howe did in Detroit. I guess the guy that use to call the games said Howe scored the goal but he was sitting on the bench at the time. Every time he went to the bar they would razz the announcer till he bought a round. At least local legend says this. Millen was as deplorable as Romaniak

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
3 on 3 is fun to watch but it's... stupid considering points are decided that way.

It's funny how the NHL thinks more goals = success but the most popular sport in the world has 0-0 draws constantly.

Maybe they should make regulation wins worth 3 points OT/SO wins worth two points and OT losses worth 1. I hate the current system since it favours nothing but speed and skill... Two things that rarely matter in the playoffs.

The 0-0 draws has literally nothing to do with the success of soccer

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't care much about the vets.. but in the preseason its where the kids should play to prove the team that they deserve a shot with the big team. Carr, Andrighetto, McCarron and Hudon did not make a great impression . There was a open spot for them and they all failed IMO. Not much progression from last season. It was disappointing.

So can we at least stop for a while with the argument that MT never gives chances to young players?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I think there's a very real chance they will be, which will only make them scarier with another high end draft pick.

Their defense is still well below average and most of their forwards are also not very good without the puck.

The jury is still out on whether they have made their goaltending better.

They will be a lot more fun to watch this season, but that is still going to be a really bad hockey team.

Well we have Edmonton as an example of tons of skill with nothing to save them from tanking year after year. Could go either way. Already getting a hate for Matthews thanks to spitnet, but he is a very good player.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
What do you want?

McCarron and Lekhonen got 17 minutes.

Carr and Ghetto got 19 minutes.

Those are the 4 that are going to get a chance to stay up in Montreal.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not sure how you arrived at the conclusion he is slow.

His top end speed is definitely above average and he accelerates well.

The fact that he was not used in overtime would undermine your assessment since the coaching staff was not prepared to use him in circumstances where skating ability is at a premium.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Wasn't a great game for anyone in particular. Too many penalties, not much momentum, no one really stood out and set themselves apart from the team. The best players for the Habs, if I had to choose, were probably a mix of Redmond/Addisson/Sergachev/Condon.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
What do you want?

McCarron and Lekhonen got 17 minutes.

Carr and Ghetto got 19 minutes.

Those are the 4 that are going to get a chance to stay up in Montreal.

Why the **** are you talking about their ice-time? I'm not bashing on MT here. I'm just saying none of those players had a good camp to force the hands of the team and expected more from them in those preseason games that you think are meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad