GDT: Habs @ Leafs - Oct 2, 7pm RDS. SN1 (preseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
This.And Yesterday,they won with 3-4 vet against Ottawa.Not bad.We are fast but we need bigger forwards,

So what you are seeing is that NHL vets don't try that hard in pre-season, while the AHLers are skating their ***** off.

NHL vets won't ramp it up to even 80% til the last pre-season game.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Reason why nobody panicks over the performance of the TEAM but mostly about the individual performances of players.

People keep whining about poor Ghetto, poor Carr and so on not being able to play with better players and yet...a guy like Audette was visible and played extremely hard and good and yet...who was his teamates again?

I'm sure it's obvious to the coaches who are staying and who are going.

Lekhonen will get his chance. So will Carr. Ghetto hates contact and McCarron needs time playing Top line in the A.
Sergachev will get one season away.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Reason why nobody panicks over the performance of the TEAM but mostly about the individual performances of players.

People keep whining about poor Ghetto, poor Carr and so on not being able to play with better players and yet...a guy like Audette was visible and played extremely hard and good and yet...who was his teamates again?

I haven't seen one single post whining about how "poor Carr, poor Ghetto and so on not being able to play with better players".

Care to point out these posters that keep whining about that?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Right.

The NHL line-up for the worst team in the entire league.

Would you be proud of being the valedictorian of summer school?

lol are you kidding me? An nhl lineup is still an nhl lineup, the ahl lineup that we had didnt even make the playoffs.
Leafs had jvr, matthews, marner, nylander, kadri, rielly, etc. in their team, tell me who comes close to their talent in the team we iced??

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I understand that it was a little harder for Sergachev from the start of the 2nd but still, this is pre-season. What else do you need to know about Barbario that you put him out there during OT instead in Serge. ****ing stupid ass coaching is back. I hope Muller takes over quickly.

OT Preseason

About as meaningful and useful as teats on a male hog.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
lol are you kidding me? An nhl lineup is still an nhl lineup, the ahl lineup that we had didnt even make the playoffs.
Leafs had jvr, matthews, marner, nylander, kadri, rielly, etc. in their team, tell me who comes close to their talent in the team we iced??

Honestly, if you think it's some kind of "moral victory' to get to overtime against the worst team in the league with an "AHL roster" by all means, do your thing.

But don't expect to have a lot of people agree with you.

That was half of the last place team in the NHL with a back up goalie and a minor leaguer.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Therrien will Therrien.

The Confidence Crusher strikes again.

Unlike sportsnet, no, no I do not. He is oh so close but I feel MT will not want him on the team at 18 and MB won't want to lose his 1 year of his contract while we sit who at X million dollars. Emelin, Markov, or Beau? Pateryn may not be amazing but he is what we need during this transition year. Esp with barbs, and redmond was signed for 2 years.

Called it earlier in the thread.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Fair.

Point still stands. Guys who are guaranteed spots in the lineup aren't working as hard as the guys trying to make the teams and impress coaches.

its not as if hudon, carr, scherbak, dd, etc were working hard either...
An nhler playing at 50% should still be way better than an ahler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad