Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Jets • Sat, Mar 30 @ 6:00 pm CT • CITY, SN360, SNE, SNW, SNP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Montreal completely embarrassed us the last time they played us.

If the Jets can not stand up and play a good 60 minute game with structure and proper defense in response to the epic collapse against the Islanders last night this game will get ugly really quick.

Yes they did.

I don't think losing 6-2 in the biggest game of their season thus far would qualify them as "playing hungry", though.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
There's a curious thing about HF Jets. For some players we tend to hammer them for poor shot metrics (like Lemieux), but for others we ignore them because they are "skilled" (like Niku).

We only hammer them when they play for the Jets. When they're traded, it was a move that we'll "come to regret".

Reactions: The Big M

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
it's been better than what it was earlier this year, but it still hasn't been great imo
Darn straight! Last night example 39th of the season. He was back to “tractor trailer” Laine style last night. Him and Fefe should start a figure skating duo called the “Fly Bys”.

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Practice Audio:

Players: Bryan Little & Ben Chiarot.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What has it been like the last 15 hours since the loss? What did he get out of today's practice? On last night's game feeling like the Sharks game? Is Dustin Byfuglien good to go tomorrow? How much of a difference can Byfuglien make? On correcting the issues. When comparing this team to last year's team that went 11-1 to end the season. Is there any benefit to having some painful lessons ahead of the playoffs? Status of Laurent Brossoit? Will Eric Comrie get in a game? Gonna ride Hellebuyck? Status of Bogdan Kiselevich. Bob Cole's legacy.

To listen click here.
Typcial sarcastic, stubborn Maurice...not hearing accountability from this at all....he was brought in to hold this team accountable now he just coddles and shelters the vets

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Perfectly fine with Niku being the one going out. My expectation is he be ahead of Morrow on the depth chart and also be the one drawing in if Maurice pulls a Toby on Kulikov and benches that salary at some point. I don't think he showed enough to have unequivocally earned a spot on the lineup for the rest of the season, certainly not enough to be outraged about, atleast for me.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Time to play sound defense for the rest of the hockey year ..... that's been sorely missing the last few games

And welcome back, Buff

giphy.gif

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
So when are we gonna get

Perrault little roslovic
Copp lowry tanev

Back as our bottom 6 that worked well last year ? Or does hendricks spoil that thought ?

Reactions: RedBar and Guffman

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
This is a bad argument but where is he in the losses column? I really could care less about volume based stats.

Maurice was coaching teams like the Whalers, Huricanes and Leafs and never had a decent goalie. It’s really silly to point to his career record and say, “he sucks”.

BTW, it’s “couldn’t care less”, not “could care less”. Sorry, pet peeve.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maurice was coaching teams like the Whalers, Huricanes and Leafs and never had a decent goalie. It’s really silly to point to his career record and say, “he sucks”.

I could care less what you think . :laugh: Sorry i couldn't resist , thought we could all use some humor after last night . :laugh:

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg

My pet peeve is people constantly letting Maurice off the hook saying he coached bad teams with bad goalies. Eventually, your record falls on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad