Confirmed with Link: Habs invite Joel Ward to training camp

Jul 6, 2016
How? He's a decent gamble IMO. He fits the MO of players who have slipped through the cracks due to depth only to breakout elsewhere when given a chance. (Marchessault)

I would appreciate Peca more if Habs did not had already 6-7 regular forwards 5'11 and less.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There is probably a trade that will happen and the forward core is really young.

This makes no senses unless you are right. We have already enough wingers/players as it is.
But lets not forget that he's only on a PTO, doesn't mean he'll have a contract cause even without him, there' still a trade out there for the Habs, already too much wingers.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Can we just have a lottery pick, and forgo the pain and suffering of this season? Joel Ward. Priceless. We could ask Mike Fisher and Dominic Moore to play as well, they are 38 with no contracts too!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
so he can drive the kids that play the same style
Or take a spot away from a youngster and for what? Habs aren’t winning anything this year and they have enough veterans for the youth to follow. Isn’t Andrew Shaw similar enough to Joel Ward?

Reactions: dralaf

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Or take a spot away from a youngster and for what? Habs aren’t winning anything this year and they have enough veterans for the youth to follow. Isn’t Andrew Shaw similar enough to Joel Ward?

I prefer having Joel Ward playing 6-8 min instead of a young player playing the same role

Reactions: PhysicX

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I prefer having Joel Ward playing 6-8 min instead of a young player playing the same role
I guess I can be on your page now that the other viable option is no longer sending players to Lefebvre for them to die but some players have done learning stuff in the minors, they need to play in the NHL to improve (Scherbak & Peca)

Jul 6, 2016

Exactly. + Ward will not be frustrated nor lack development if put in the stands for few games.

Good vets are precious. It might also mean that Shaw will be traded.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Exactly. + Ward will not be frustrated nor lack development if put in the stands for few games.

Good vets are precious. It might also mean that Shaw will be traded.
We should just sign 12-14 4th Liners since they are such a precious commodity. We have enough 4th line slugs

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Cool. I like Ward. Don't mind some decent veteran support. Stacking a team with a bunch of youth isn't necessarily good for their development - I like insulating them with vets and he could be a good one. Also noteworthy to mention he could be flipped at the deadline if we keep him on (a la Fleischmann).

Reactions: PhysicX

Jul 6, 2016
We should just sign 12-14 4th Liners since they are such a precious commodity. We have enough 4th line slugs

?????

Can we see the games and wait until the end of the camp to make a judgment ?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Problem is if Joel Ward makes the team, one of Hudon / Scherbak / Lehkonen is lost to waivers for nothing, or forced to be traded. Which would be idiotic unless a good young d prospect is coming back in a deal.
Seriously, our GM just keeps on getting worse.................I don't even know what to say at this point...

Jul 6, 2016
Problem is if Joel Ward makes the team, one of Hudon / Scherbak / Lehkonen is lost to waivers for nothing, or forced to be traded. Which would be idiotic unless a good young d prospect is coming back in a deal.

1- Ward is on PTO. Not signed
2- can we watch the games and wait until the end of the camp to make a judgment ?
3- Guys like Shaw, McCarron, Froese are the ones who could be dealt
4- IF Ward is signed, he's gonna play like 40 games, maybe.... And won't cry if he stays in the stands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad