Post-Game Talk: Habs in the SENS Den, Saturday Night 7pm on TSN

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The team doesn't owe the fans anything in the preseason. They are doing what they think is right to be ready to go when the regular season begins.

I have a package too and I would be much more disappointed if Stu or Brady or anyone in the core got injured tonight and missed significant time. Would you rather this lineup tonight or miss Stu for the first 15 home games? I mean, come on.

Greig, Jarventie, Golum, Guenette, etc...lots of interesting players out there. Shark on a scoring line.

Heck even Fizer finally gets in the lineup! I am anxious to see him against pros.
Meh, I don't really buy that. Injuries can happen in the first shift of the first game or even while making dinner (Craig Anderson) or even playing golf (Claude Giroux) or riding a scooter (Rasmus Andersson).

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Meh, I don't really buy that. Injuries can happen in the first shift of the first game or even while making dinner (Craig Anderson) or even playing golf (Claude Giroux) or riding a scooter (Rasmus Andersson).
And what does that have to do with adding increased risk?

Plus, that is only 1 reason. At the end of the day, the team roster isn't based on fan wants and this roster helps them see how this group does against an NHL lineup.

Positives all around for me.

Reactions: aragorn

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
81sgg2.jpg

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I get 20% off concessions and generally the prices of tickets are cheaper because you're basically buying in bulk. It's just a massive disappointment and insult for DJ to do this tonight. Bad customer relations. Lots of folks are pissed.
It is not just DJ who makes the roster decisions.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I get 20% off concessions and generally the prices of tickets are cheaper because you're basically buying in bulk. It's just a massive disappointment and insult for DJ to do this tonight. Bad customer relations. Lots of folks are pissed.
I get the frustration. I'm in on an sth package myself but not going tonight

But we're starting to see a little too much goonery in the preseason. Crosby initiated a fight last night with Krebs. I assume you heard Mark Stone's comments last week. And last year in exhibition the Habs spent an entire game running at Stuetzle. So what happens this year against Montreal? A predominantly AHL lineup.

Apart from Norris we are healthy....just better to stay that way.

Reactions: bert and slamigo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Besides the fact that I don't think he's good enough anymore, this is really my concern. DJ has shown over and over again that he will play worse players because of his comfort with them. As soon as Bailey is signed, we're stuck with him.
I think pretty much every fanbase thinks that of their coach. And there's probably some truth to it in most cases

Reactions: swiftwin

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Most of the Sens came back early and have been skating a while and must be raring to go. Id have to assume if the players really felt this game was needed for them to tune up, they'd be in. But its a pre season game so i'd have thought its more exciting for die hard fans to watch for the call-up order now than vets going through the motions. This game is piquing my interest now

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Most of the Sens came back early and have been skating a while and must be raring to go. Id have to assume if the players really felt this game was needed for them to tune up, they'd be in. But its a pre season game so i'd have thought its more exciting for die hard fans to watch for the call-up order now than vets going through the motions. This game is piquing my interest now
The other night in the Winnipeg game, one of the Winnipeg guys was saying we skated for a month before camp, 3 weeks of camp, so ideally for him 2 preseason games and good to go. I think it was Dillon but not 100% sure on that

It's not like the old days where guys came to camp to get in shape

Reactions: thinkwild

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I'm going to be watching Jarventie in particular tonight. If he can play a strong game and keep his feet moving against tough assignments it will say a lot about how he's trending imo.

Big opportunity for Guenette to prove himself as well. That top 6 of Montreal's is going to be buzzing and the name of the game (as DJ would say) will be focusing on the details in our own zone.

Several guys need to show regular season intensity tonight or risk taking a step back.

Reactions: thinkwild

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's the last exhibition game & based on the last two shutout games this lineup is pretty much set & for some of these guys it's to show something so they can get a callup later. Who plays tonight is not that big a deal, who starts the regular season next week is the much bigger deal.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Lets beat the shit out of the Smurfs, Cotton Eyed Xhekaj must be shitting his pants having to defend the Les Hobbits des Montreal.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lets beat the shit out of the Smurfs, Cotton Eyed Xhekaj must be shitting his pants having to defend the Les Hobbits des Montreal.
We’re have basically zero chance of slowing down their top two lines. Tonight could be ugly

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster update: Ahead of tonight's pre-season finale, the #Sens have recalled the following players from @BellevilleSens
. Defencemen - Dillon Heatherington, Jacob Larsson and Nikolas Matinpalo. Forwards - Tarun Fizer, Zack Ostapchuk and Egor Sokolov.

Projected lineup

1696716599597.png

Reactions: Icelevel

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
It's kind of adorable that the Habs played most of their top players against us when in each game we have played virtually none of our top players.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad