Rumor: Habs hire Bobrov for European Scouting

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Not sure I want any of the Rangers guys. They actually got worse at drafting under Gorton. A lot of their guys fell flat. Though granted how much can you blame scouts for Laf or Kakko? Consensus, and I mean 100% majority, had them going in those spots. Still their late round picks have come up empty.
If Habs got ripped on development how they feel now with same guy running team who drafted Kakko and Lafreniere?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Based on a google search; Bobrov was also head of European scouting for Boston from 02-06 drafts. Notable players: 2004 Krejci, 2005 Sobotka. I would say both NYR and BOS euro draft history sucks.

Them and us both

Jul 6, 2016
If Habs got ripped on development how they feel now with same guy running team who drafted Kakko and Lafreniere?

Rangers have made the same errors that Habs have done over and over. Bring the kids too soon at NHL level. I think Lafrenière should had spent a full season at least at AHL level.

Jul 6, 2016
They couldn’t do that and they where no way that Lafreniere was coming back in the Q

He could had been sent this year.

And that's a problem, 18 yo kids are not all ready for NHL play, even the very 1st picks. Like KK was not, and many others top-5 picks.

Powers , drafted by Buffalo had the choice to stay in College. Good for him. I just hope Lafrenière will have a breakthrough season next year.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
He could had been sent this year.

And that's a problem, 18 yo kids are not all ready for NHL play, even the very 1st picks. Like KK was not, and many others top-5 picks.

Powers , drafted by Buffalo had the choice to stay in College. Good for him. I just hope Lafrenière will have a breakthrough season next year.

If we have 1st overall, would you trade it for Lafreniere?

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
You don't have to be condescending.... It is called sarcasm.

I am just pointing out a simple fact. When Bergevin was hiring his "friends" or closed contacts (Mellanby, Dudley,Carriere, Lefebvre, etc) folks on this board were crying and yelling as hell. Gorton is doing the EXACT same thing, and he is congratulated.

Not long time ago, same bunch of posters were crying because they hired Houle to coach Laval and himself hired Laperrière as assistant coach. Those guys had solid resumes.

New management always have a grace period.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We hear the same things every years about prospects.
Lafreniere on pace for 20 points again this season again.

He aint a franchise player.

1. Not at this point, I agree.
2. LW getting drafted on a team with Panarin and Kreider at LW is not going to get an easy road.
3. 2 top 2 picks struggling on the same team. Coincidence?

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
As I said in the other thread...it's not Kakko or Lafrenière the issue. It's the 22 Euros he has drafted with the Rangers that produced close to nothing except Chytil. Some other players to wait and see like Lundqvist. But that resume isn't exactly stellar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad