Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
In a vacuum you feel great about Dallas beating Vegas in 7, but the extra miles against a fast team like Colorado isn't necessarily good.

And holy crap, that’s the third multi-goal lead they have blown against the Avs this season, and they let in 4+ goals in each of 5 meetings.

Not much time to figure that out.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Talking about the same team that went down 0-2 at home to the defending champions (Who everyone was saying is cheating because of the way they managed LTIR). I don't think Dallas is in nearly the amount of trouble some people were suggesting in the GDT.

After one game? No.
But losing home-ice and being "forced" to win game 2 is never "nice to have".

And, here´s the thing:
This Colorado-Team is not the Vegas Golden Knights!

If (big IF!!) the AVS manage to go up 2-0 on the road, Dallas will be in deeper trouble this time. Going back to Colorado down by 2, facing the best home-team this year, in Denver, a city one mile above sea level, and after an exhausting 7 Game fight with Vegas..... This gonna be a tough mountain to climb....

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Avalanche are going to be the toughest team to eliminate in these playoffs.

I'm not saying they for sure are winnig the cup (they might - I have them as my #2 most likely team now), but out of all the teams they are going to be the toughest to eliminate. It's the least likely team to not put up a massive fight if someone ousts them.

I think they beat Dallas out in 5, maybe 6 games max.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Part of it comes from Georgie’s liking to let in one or more of the first few shots
Maybe the 1st goal. But there is nothing he could have done to No 2 and 3 imho...

And he was outstanding in OT and saved the game there.

Beside that stinker in Game 1 against the Jets, he gave his team a solide performance so far. And a very good one yesterday.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think Col wins the cup this year despite goaltending. Too much drpth and Makar tips the scales.

They proved in 2022 that you can win with just average goaltending. All Georgiev has to do is be average, and after game 1 against Winnipeg, from what I've been able to see of him (admittedly I haven't watched every Avalanche playoff game), he's been average at worst since then.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Managed to stay up to and watch the comeback but passed out before OT started.

What a goal by Wood. #4 for Dallas is so slow.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Wood beat Miro on the GWG. You have to wonder about 7 game series/Over Time/Long Shift fatigue.

If the Stars are dead legged when the series goes to Colorado, it could be a big issue with the altitude and Bednar able to exploit matchups.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wood beat Miro on the GWG. You have to wonder about 7 game series/Over Time/Long Shift fatigue.

If the Stars are dead legged when the series goes to Colorado, it could be a big issue with the altitude and Bednar able to exploit matchups.

This is the main reason I felt so confident. Our speed was always going to cause them problems, but they have a mobile blueline and a lot of depth if they were coming in fresh...but after that 1st round series, they're anything but fresh...

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Avalanche are going to be the toughest team to eliminate in these playoffs.

I'm not saying they for sure are winnig the cup (they might - I have them as my #2 most likely team now), but out of all the teams they are going to be the toughest to eliminate. It's the least likely team to not put up a massive fight if someone ousts them.

I think they beat Dallas out in 5, maybe 6 games max.
As a Rangers fan, the Avs are the team that scares me the most as of now. But, one series at a time. Still a long way to go till the finals.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Playing with a big lead can cause this to happen when the wrong refs get involved and want to make a game more, uh >>>

interesting......

Looking at you guys.....
  • Steve Kozari
  • Francois St. Laurent
That’s an……… interesting take! It could even have a leg to stand on if there were a lot of calls. But there weren’t. Bottom line is don’t lose the conversion rate of those chances 25% to 100%. Be better. Oh but I’m sure it was the timing of the calls or some such drivel.

2 penalties to kill off all game and yet the refs were the reason for the loss lol!

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The 5D experiment is over. Miro cannot play these kinds of minutes every night other and not get taxed. Especially OT games. He's human.

Well... yeah. We've been trying to tell you guys that the last 48 hours. Wait until they go up into the altitude in Denver, this is only going to get worse as the series progresses. Dallas really got the short straw with matchups and scheduling this year. A bad year for Nil to not have gone out and got his team some depth defensemen.

Now the Avs have made Dallas play their 5 defenseman an extra period of hockey in game 1 for absolutely nothing. Miro Heiskanen played 29:57 TOI last night. Yikes.

Can't wait for the overreactions to game 1. Stars jumped out to a 3-0 lead, let their foot off the gas pedal, and it came back to bite them in the ass.

More like: it took the Avs a period to shake off the rust and go to work. It wasn't even hard to predict

1715172389241.png

I'll give all the credit to Dallas in OT though, they pushed extremely hard with the last bit they had in the tank. I thought for sure Dallas was going to score in OT.

Credit to Georiev, he simply outplayed Ottinger last night.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think Col wins the cup this year despite goaltending. Too much drpth and Makar tips the scales.
Way too early for this type of prediction. The series against Dallas isn’t over yet. Still a long road to go. It’s nice to be up 1-0, but this Dallas team is VERY likely to be a much tougher out than Winnipeg.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
1st period was weird. I didn't think we played poorly, even Georgiev. It felt like Dallas was getting the bounces that we weren't. Just one of those games.

I'm not surprised we scored 3 after that. I'm a little surprised Dallas scored 0. It felt like it was going to end up being 5-3 type of game where the team battles but it just isn't enough. Credit to Georgiev. His overall stats ended up being poor, but he made the saves he needed to make. When people say Kuemper was bad in '22, some of those games were kind of like this one. Bad on paper but a positive in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad