Habs fire director of goaltending Stephane Waite

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah.... How's Sean french lately?
The requirement to speak French should be gotten rid of.

You hire the best candidate for the job, and hire an interpreter if you need to.

If the team is successful, fans and some members of the media won't care.

For the media members that do care? Tough on them. They will find something to complain about anyways. If it isn't "he doesn't speak French", then it will be something else.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005

You hire the best candidate for the job, and hire an interpreter if you need to.

For the media members that do care? Tough on them. They will find something to complain about anyways. If it isn't "he doesn't speak French", then it will be something else.

oh yeah. maybe they'll focus on the Expos

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal

Why can't these rich people learn SOME french anyway? I've learned Spanish on my own and German in college, english was easy for me, learned it watching sport on tv, as a teen I was fluent in english.. French is not Chinese.. man..

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Why can't these rich people learn SOME french anyway? I've learned Spanish on my own and German in college, english was easy for me, learned it watching sport on tv, as a teen I was fluent in english.. French is not Chinese.. man..
I mean, it is stupid that to coach or be a GM in Montreal you have to speak French, but if you find yourself there, might as well learn. I speak 3 languages(French is not one of them) and want to learn more. Definitely the courteous thing to do if you move to a country or city where the language is not your own, but it shouldn't be a non-starter.

Reactions: CanuckCity and Ciao

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I mean, it is stupid that to coach or be a GM in Montreal you have to speak French, but if you find yourself there, might as well learn. I speak 3 languages(French is not one of them) and want to learn more. Definitely the courteous thing to do if you move to a country or city where the language is not your own, but it shouldn't be a non-starter.
Well, let's say that we both go to Sweden. We're working and living there, 3-4-5 years and never learn to say I love you or hello? That is stupid.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Bob Gainey's French was never perfect. They just have to put in the effort and no one of substance will say anything.

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1