Post-Game Talk: Habs Dudes end 7-game point streak, Joisey wins 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm a DLR fan...

The real question is why anyone being a fan of any player bothers you lol.
It doesn't bother me, I'm trying to understand what makes him a DLR fan. Maybe he'll point to something I have not seen.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Taylor Hall and Radulov show that we might not necessarily need centers to win. Many, perhaps all, posters will disagree, and say we need centers.

But let's say the Subban for Klefbom and Hall trade went down and Radulov was resigned.

Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Hall Galchenyuk Gallagher

I thin that's a top six that is good enough for us to be contenders. Radulov plays like a center in the offensive zone, Danault in the defensive zone. Hopefully Chucky can learn the defensive position.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Im one of the most pessimistic people ever when it comes to the habs and even I can find some positivity in DLR's game. He's really not that awful
Well...if the standard is for a player to ''not be that awful'', I guess you're a fan of most players in this league. You can be a fan of anyone. I was just curious as to why such an average prospect who really hasn't done much gets this attention from you. It's all bueno.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Well...if the standard is for a player to ''not be that awful'', I guess you're a fan of most players in this league. You can be a fan of anyone. I was just curious as to why such an average prospect who really hasn't done much gets this attention from you. It's all bueno.

Actually yes I am a fan of most players in the league ,and he absolutely is an average prospect far from being anything special :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You can like DLR the same as you like Vanilla ice cream.

Tell me it's your favorite flavor however..
Vanilla gets a bad rap because it's off-white. If it was pink or nut-brown or purple it'd be a cool flavour, but because it's white it's considered "Plain", even though there's nothing plain about it. Snow isn't "Plain" weather, vanilla isn't a "Plain" flavour. It's distinct and quite delicious. Sadly, we have a long way to go in educating a world full of anti-vanillites...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Vanilla gets a bad rap because it's off-white. If it was pink or nut-brown or purple it'd be a cool flavour, but because it's white it's considered "Plain", even though there's nothing plain about it. Snow isn't "Plain" weather, vanilla isn't a "Plain" flavour. It's distinct and quite delicious. Sadly, we have a long way to go in educating a world full of anti-vanillites...
Well..I'm sure you definitely like your ice cream soft..

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It doesn't bother me, I'm trying to understand what makes him a DLR fan. Maybe he'll point to something I have not seen.
Fair enough

But you haven't seen more from DLR since Plekanec's been traded?

Really, nothing?

i'm not saying he's lighting the word on fire either mind you, but he's showing that he's not the write-off many claimed/claim that he is.

He's only 22yrs old.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
For your viewing pleasure

1kdwsi.jpg

Is it a cat? Is it a monkey? No one knows for sure, but the debate that ensues is sure to be more entertaining the game you just watched.

You’re welcome.

I'm guessing some bored taxidermist cut off a cat's head and put it on a lemur's body.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Fair enough

Really, nothing?

i'm not saying he's lighting the word on fire either mind you, but he's showing that he's not the write-off many claimed/claim that he is.

He's only 22yrs old.
It's been what....5 games? I'll wait.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Fair enough

Really, nothing?

He's only 22yrs old.
DLR is the living embodiment of the Habs' problems. He's a defensively responsible systems player with almost zero offence. Last night was his Halley's Comet of scoring -- fun to see but won't be repeated for another 74 years. He has value on a weak defensive team, however on our team he is exactly what we don't need more of.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

I agree with your analysis, although off-white in colour vanilla is still flavourful. I'm no anti-vanillite but once you try chocolate there is no going back.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He has all the tools to be a good 3rd line center. He pretty much got the same tools as Eller. He's still young i don't understand people who gave up on him. He'll never be a top 6 guy but it's not like he was drafted in the first round anyway. Big defensive 3rd line center are not that easy to find.

Get drafted 30th overall? You better be a top six guy!

Get drafted 34th overall? It's okay you'll never be a top six guy, you were picked in a round other than the first! That's where all the not top sixers are picked!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
DLR is the living embodiment of the Habs' problems. He's a defensively responsible systems player with almost zero offence. Last night was his Halley's Comet of scoring -- fun to see but won't be repeated for another 74 years. He has value on a weak defensive team, however on our team he is exactly what we don't need more of.
I don't think that's true - he has offense in his game, he just has gotten very little opportunity to show it. I think the living embodiment you described was traded last week. He was the living embodiment of a defensively responsible with almost zero offense type of player, except we were paying him 6M a year to do that job.

DLR makes 725K...

Again, i'm not suggesting he's going to score 30 goals one day...but I think he's at the very least our 4th line C next year and I think he's got potential to play in a 3rd line role and chip in some offense.

Also disagree we don't need more of what he brings...size, skating, strength, smarts all down the middle, the Habs could use a lot of that.

Again, I think in the coming weeks a lot of people are going to discover a 'new' DLR...I don't think there's anything 'new' about him, he's just finally getting a real opportunity that trading Plekanec created.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I don't think that's true - he has offense in his game, he just has gotten very little opportunity to show it. I think the living embodiment you described was traded last week. He was the living embodiment of a defensively responsible with almost zero offense type of player, except we were paying him 6M a year to do that job.

DLR makes 725K...

Again, i'm not suggesting he's going to score 30 goals one day...but I think he's at the very least our 4th line C next year and I think he's got potential to play in a 3rd line role and chip in some offense.

Also disagree we don't need more of what he brings...size, skating, strength, smarts all down the middle, the Habs could use a lot of that.

Again, I think in the coming weeks a lot of people are going to discover a 'new' DLR...I don't think there's anything 'new' about him, he's just finally getting a real opportunity that trading Plekanec created.

I hope you're right about that, as fans we all want him to succeed. Hopefully JD will be given the opportunity to succeed as well with a #1 C on his line.

Reactions: 417

AngryMichel

Mar 6, 2018
Floride
Tuff game to watch. Went out for a couple of darts and missed big Jacobs goals. Kid is good all over the hice. Picks up pucks after practice good.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I don't think that's true - he has offense in his game, he just has gotten very little opportunity to show it.

Since 12-13 between Sweden, AHL, and NHL, he has 96 points in 315 games (roughly). This is a 34th overall pick.

Maybe he's a late bloomer. I don't know. I've always liked him but he has no hands. What I'm seeing right now I've seen from countless players over the years. That said if he ends up like a Maxim Lapierre in the bottom six there's use for that so long as he's never overpaid.

The real problem is that it's not like we had great choices at the time. JT Compher is around the same in skill. Heck Lehkonen has the most points out of anyone in the second round so far. Guentzel is a third rounder and I don't remember anyone saying the Penguins got a steal when they selected him. Kind of a weak draft. Not gonna blame Timmins for not seeing Will Butcher in the fifth.

I'm fine with him. I just don't like that in the early second round we didn't try to take the player with the most explosive offence but instead the guy who was the best defensive forward available. I don't like that thinking. Especially since word is that Timmins wanted him with the first round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad