HF Habs: Habs Draft Video (Premieres August 31st) - teaser in OP

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like that type of video. I can't wait to see that.

I'm very confident about scouts we have. They made another good looking draft with consideration the Newhook trade.

I can't wait to see Reinbacher speaking, everytime I see him in interview, I liking the type of person he is and he is no doubt the best defenseman in this draft. Similar profile as a Guhle, except less physical and maybe more offensive talent, but both are very very good two-way D with great offensive potential aswell!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I doubt someone will talk about Michkov in that video.

Well we'll see what kind of people they are. If they don't show it then that means they are cowards and maybe not the sort of dudes that should be running things.

That being said, Hughes seems to have been transparent so far so I think they'll show it.

• Haha
Reactions: jrom

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Well we'll see what kind of people they are. If they don't show it then that means they are cowards and maybe not the sort of dudes that should be running things.

That being said, Hughes seems to have been transparent so far so I think they'll show it.
Scout in video:
Michkov has no defensive ability, he won't be a gamebreaker, he sucks. Attitude is terrible!

Fast forward to 2040, Michkov is UFA and doesn't want to sign here.

*insert Pikachu meme*

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Kent Hughes has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about players who belong to another organization.

They didn't talk about Wright in last year's draft video, so its highly likely they will not talk about Michkov in the upcoming draft video.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

As previously written, I think they can't talk about any players other than the one they drafted.
Seems that way if I look at those similar vids out there from other teams and from the Habs last year.

I mean, would you like to see another team trash one of our new prospect in their draft videos?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Kent Hughes has made it pretty clear he doesn't want to talk about players who belong to another organization.

They didn't talk about Wright in last year's draft video, so its highly likely they will not talk about Michkov in the upcoming draft video.

I stand corrected, then. That's a shame, it would have been interesting to see.

As previously written, I think they can't talk about any players other than the one they drafted.
Seems that way if I look at those similar vids out there from other teams and from the Habs last year.

I mean, would you like to see another team trash one of our new prospect in their draft videos?

Actually, yes! lol

Reactions: HabzSauce

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal

They never mention the players they don't draft (see Wright), it has nothing to do with "cowardice" lol. It would just be crass and I'm pretty sure the league wouldn't appreciate candid comments about players owned by other teams.

And what else can be said about Michkov? It's not like they have been fully silent about him since the draft.

Consider that you may be setting expectations to be disappointed.

Reactions: SlafySZN and dralaf

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Looking forward to this. Was very underwhelmed by most of this draft, hopefully they shed some light on some of the weird picks and decision to daft so many f***ing goalies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

It has nothing to do with being cowards, it would be ignorant to air anything overly negative about another NHL team's prospect(s). This video is directly from the Montreal Canadiens and will deal exclusively with their selections.

Let's use our heads when forming expectations for this video people.

Last edited:

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

It’s a corporate PR piece, by design they will stay far away from anything potentially controversial.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It has nothing to do with being cowards, it would be ignorant to air anything overly negative about another NHL team's prospect(s). This video is directly from the Montreal Canadiens and will deal primarily with their selections.

Let's use our heads when forming expectations for this video people.

Sure but let's face it, we all thought about Michkov when we learned that this existed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Reinbacher you say.

1693523424736.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad