HF Habs: Habs Draft Video (Premieres August 31st) - teaser in OP

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Gorton definitely wanted the Russian. But he was wrong on many top picks with Rangers.

Who was the scout with the glasses talking with Riendeau about Fowler?
Why do you assume it was the Russian?

Maybe they were debating Smith and Reinbacher and they had Reinbacher higher?

Reactions: Vachon23

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gorton definitely wanted the Russian. But he was wrong on many top picks with Rangers.

Who was the scout with the glasses talking with Riendeau about Fowler?
Billy Ryan the Dir of Amateur Player Evaluation & Scout

Came over from Panthers last year, in 2020 he oversaw their draft with Lundell & Heineman picks before Chula joined Fla as Dir Amateur Scouting after hiring of Zito as GM

Reactions: Scintillating10

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Ottawa’s D look softer than a sneaker full of kaka but man alive the kid’s got more finesse to his game than I thought.

He’s turning into one of my favourite prospects
I watched him for the first time early in OHL pre-season and wasnt too thrilled, not enough skating and some porous plays,. I watch him again like 1 month later and he looks totally transformed. Skates relentless both ways, great motor, compete, he is on pucks all the times, but his skills are what impresses me the most, can reach impressive top speed, has great hands and his passes connect with his linemates most of the times. Bobrov was right calling him an unicorn, the toolbox is pretty large, that kid can do alot of things on the ice, including hitting like a truck and fearless fighting of course.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I watched him for the first time early in OHL pre-season and wasnt too thrilled, not enough skating and some porous plays,. I watch him again like 1 month later and he looks totally transformed. Skates relentless both ways, great motor, compete, he is on pucks all the times, but his skills are what impresses me the most, can reach impressive top speed, has great hands and his passes connect with his linemates most of the times. Bobrov was right calling him an unicorn, the toolbox is pretty large, that kid can do alot of things on the ice, including hitting like a truck and fearless fighting of course.

Yeah the overall package is quite impressive. He’s going from a token pick to looking like a potential steal.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
They went through this exact scenario almost verbatim on the behind the scenes draft release.
Yeah I didn’t know if it was cherry picked footage to make the Xhekaj pick look better (even then the footage shown still shows they were pretty high on Florian) but they’re looking pretty damn smart right now.

At the time I thought this was one of our weakest drafts on paper (though I was super high on bacher)in quite awhile but right now with Kony and bash bro 2 along with DB and Fowler, it’s not looking bad at all

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah I didn’t know if it was cherry picked footage to make the Xhekaj pick look better (even then the footage shown still shows they were pretty high on Florian) but they’re looking pretty damn smart right now.

At the time I thought this was one of our weakest drafts on paper (though I was super high on bacher)in quite awhile but right now with Kony and bash bro 2 along with DB and Fowler, it’s not looking bad at all

Same, I came out of this one feeling Dollar store shame lol.

Thankfully they know more than I do!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Same, I came out of this one feeling Dollar store shame lol.

Thankfully they know more than I do!

I told myself ‘at least it’s another Xhekaj’ but those stats were pretty miserable. A 4th seemed too high. Looks like a 2nd rounder right now with maybe more.

Interesting how much better he can be. Great base to work from. At worst he looks like a fun 4th liner right now to me

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I initially thoutht they were audacious to select this kid before Bogdan, now I understand better, they likely gambled that the odds Kony drops to their next pick were greater than Florian slipping.
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone found reports that other teams were looking at Florian in the 4th, so your reasoning is sound.

Reactions: Goldenhands

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Kintin and Big V are looking like pretty damn strong picks from 2023 as well

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad