HF Habs: Habs Draft Video (Premieres August 31st) - teaser in OP

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that will be a let down.......the won't give us the juicy details, right?

If I remember the one from last year, they showed how they talked about the ones they end up picking but the other ones (Not sure, but maybe they actually can't since they are with other teams now)

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why do I get the feeling that will be a let down.......the won't give us the juicy details, right?

If I remember the one from last year, they showed how they talked about the ones they end up picking but the other ones (Not sure, but maybe they actually can't since they are with other teams now)
They probably can’t release video now talking about player from other team even if they weren’t pick yet and even if they could they probably shouldn’t to keep the process and assessment to them self.

It will be a let down But we might get a little insight or quote on some of the player that were pick

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think their focus is on the process it takes to end up with the players they select. I also think it would be in poor taste if they mention a player they didn't pick because ultimately they opted not to take him.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
You will be surprised. He is most likely talking about guys they selected probably one of the goalkeeper.
This is a marketing piece, so you are probably dead on. I imagine they’ll show footage of their own picks to go with, can’t imagine they would show too many Flyers skating in slow-mo with a death stare towards the cam…

Reactions: ReHabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Cheers, will watch on good reception. Who did they pick?

(gosh I hope you have a good sense of humour Adam lol I love all the content.)

It's not "who they picked," it's "what they picked."

5404986db6b169eb9bf8c8948193de22.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Naslundforever

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was assuming Fowler. Not the most skilled but the guy fnds a way to win.
BTW I watched the one from St. Louis. Dudes are super boring but they had Dvorsky top 5. Some of their scouts had him 2nd. And yeah they only show clips about their own players.

I think Fowler is a good guess. The fact Riendeau is involved in that debate could be a good indicator since he's not only a pro scout, but he's also a goalie scout. So it's a good chance they're talking about one of the goalies they took, and most likely Fowler.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think their focus is on the process it takes to end up with the players they select. I also think it would be in poor taste if they mention a player they didn't pick because ultimately they opted not to take him.
Additionally Habs might not want to risk upsetting players they didn't pick in case it comes to bite them either in free agency or getting a NTC/NMC wavied.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Additionally Habs might not want to risk upsetting players they didn't pick in case it comes to bite them either in free agency or getting a NTC/NMC wavied.

The only way they can do it is if they obviously don't mention their name. And also not make it obvious who they're talking about (like another high pick).

I do remember years ago, during the MB/Timmins years, they released one video (I think it was the 2018 draft). And in the video, they were talking about a player who had bad analytics. And the scout was telling them that these are the kind of analytics that show bad habits. And that he's someone they should avoid picking. They never mentioned the name and you had no idea who they were talking about because it wasn't another high pick. And then a moment later, they were talking about Cole Fonstad (and his good analytics), who they did pick.

Reactions: donghabs98

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
WHY DIDN’T YOU DRAFT BEDARD.

The only way they can do it is if they obviously don't mention their name. And also not make it obvious who they're talking about (like another high pick).

I do remember years ago, during the MB/Timmins years, they released one video (I think it was the 2018 draft). And in the video, they were talking about a player who had bad analytics. And the scout was telling them that these are the kind of analytics that show bad habits. And that he's someone they should avoid picking. They never mentioned the name and you had no idea who they were talking about because it wasn't another high pick. And then a moment later, they were talking about Cole Fonstad (and his good analytics), who they did pick.
Really makes you wonder who the player was they didn't pick. They're probably in the NHL, or better than Fonstad.

Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad