Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
tumblr_inline_mi1uhr6v5p1qz4rgp.gif

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
By the way, while we can't expect a Lucic in terms of fighting... you have to expect a guy who skates way quicker than Lucic as well... The guy is QUICK as ****.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I like that all our scouts are ******** on Timmins..yet our actual scout here thinks hes a great prospect. Haven't you guys learned to trust timmins?

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
There were many better players available, but I don't agree with the way the habs have done things over the years and considering it's been 20 years since a cup, I think I have a right to criticize our choices.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
London is hosting the Mem Cup. Kid should go there, he'll get a lot of hockey and play with some amazing players.

I don't have any real opinion on the player, thought he looked better in the U-18 than some people seem to describe him as, but it's too small a sample to really form an opinion. Can't help but like his size, of course. So far so good.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
People saying otherwise actually need to do their research. Maybe the people calling McCaron a powerforward are the same ones who thought Weber/Diaz would be top 4 dmen and DD was the next Marty St louis. I can go on and on and on and on...
23 points in his last 27 games...a powerful shot...goes to the net all the time. .I've seen him play live..the kids got great potential.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Timmins has deserved the benefit of the doubt. I am glad we did not pick a diminutive soft player. We have already to many of those on our roster.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
A gritty puck carrier that goes to the net, plays the dirty areas and is hard to knock off the puck... what's the problem with this pick? Biggest and heaviest player drafted so far. Seems to skate well, too, and looks like he wins a lot of board battles. Addresses multiple needs the Habs have - I'm pretty happy with the pick! This is the kind of player that takes you deep into the playoffs.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
The guy makes me look like a genius at work where i told a couple of "experts" that i thought he would fit the bill about our needs and be picked 1st. FOR ONCE i was Right~~~ :laugh::yo::nod:;)

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Defended the guy from day one. I don't get it. We draft a small skilled player and people say we are small. We draft a huge skilled player and people say bust. What do people want ?

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
This is a typical non-sexy hockey pick. Most people didn't even see him enough to comment on his skills. Timmins might have picked him this early because there aren't very many of these guys in the draft so he wanted to make sure he got him. The remaining players are more similar and he could come away with a great haul overall.

Trust Timmins.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
By the way, while we can't expect a Lucic in terms of fighting... you have to expect a guy who skates way quicker than Lucic as well... The guy is QUICK as ****.

He could handle himself in a lot of fights just by putting his hand on the other guy's forehead. Can't imagine that McCarron will be easy to push off the puck.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
23 points in his last 27 games...a powerful shot...goes to the net all the time. .I've seen him play live..the kids got great potential.

There were many better players still available, and he has an average shot. Time will tell, but chances are, as like most of what usually happens with this club, he will end up a 4th liner. Because your opinion is that he has great potential does not change my opinion that he is nothing more than a 4th liner, and I think I will end up being right. Hopefully not, but I don't see the potential you see aside from him being 6'5. Terry Ryan had potential too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad