Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Well I don't know why we just wasted our 1st rounder on a potential 4th line guy. So far this pick gets a D- , every fkn team is getting better, too bad.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Terrible choice, timmins should not be allowed to choose forwards.

Hmm, not sure how one can say it's 'terrible'...what would be your selection? He was ranked 34th by McKenziee and 35th on CSS. It's in theory a bit of a reach but it's not like it's off the board.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well, people wanted more size...

High risk, high reward.

Wonder if he goes to West Michigan with Andy Murray or London?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Could end up a Looch, or a dooch.

His size alone means he can game in the NHL, so the only risk here is how well he evolves his skating and vision in the coming years.

Kids in this draft are '95s?!? Ugh.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Well, he's meaty alright.

Now, the question is, can he become good enough at hockey to make it to the NHL?

We'll have to wait 4 years to know, I guess.

Not so sure about Bergevin's suit either :laugh:

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Size doesn't mean skill, and he doesn't have much upside. He's a projected 4th liner, don't fool yourselves in thinking he's going to develop into a top 6. I don't know whoever said he was a top 6 guy, he has a weak shot, and his skating/stick handling are average to below average.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I will take Grant at his word.

Should be a good selection and maybe we will get some more skilled guys with the next two selections.

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON
I like his size, but I also said that about Lindsay Vallis, Brent Bilodeau and Terry Ryan.
I hope this kid doesn't end up on the scrap heap with those three.

Myron Gaines*

Me thinks Timmins saw untapped offensive potential in this guy. Not to say that he'll be a sure fire top 6 player, but if he pans out to be a Lucic-lite, I'd be more than happy.

Jmac1160*

A guy who's going to bring tools we don't currently have in our toolbox at 25, with possible top 6 upside?

Yeah, you guys go complain about that.

By the time he is able to even play for us we likely wont even need what he brings. Bottom 6 player book it. Wouldn't doubt him being a career AHL player

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Addressing needs.

That's what a draft is for.

I approve of this pick. We have plenty of smaller prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad