Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Don't like it... Looks like we just had a 2nd tier prospect with size. This is the first round for **** sake. Sounds like a mid-2nd round pick on a normal draft. This draft isn't nearly as good as advertised imo.

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Posted this previously, but it's worth mentioning again:

McCarron's final statistics this season (not including Four Nations U18 tournament in November): 55 GP - 14 G - 20 A - 34 PTS

In his first 28 GP: 3 G - 8 A - 11 PTS
In his final 27 GP: 11 G - 12 A - 23 PTS

He might not be the sexiest pick, but there's lots of room to grow. A huge frame and a good level of skill. He will never have the best puck skills, but he absolutely fills a need and, while he might not be a great fighter, he's a nasty player.

I really hope he goes to London. Can you imagine a 6'5" powerforward being mentored by the Hunters?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
I like this pick very much. Bergevin and Timmins understand that we need to get bigger. He is huge alredy!! :handclap:

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

McCarron's final statistics this season (not including Four Nations U18 tournament in November): 55 GP - 14 G - 20 A - 34 PTS

He might not be the sexiest pick, but there's lots of room to grow. A huge frame and a good level of skill. He will never have the best puck skills, but he absolutely fills a need and, while he might not be a great fighter, he's a nasty player.

I really hope he goes to London. Can you imagine a 6'5" powerforward being mentored by the Hunters?

Yeah, i hope he goes to London, he will be better developped there.

Kid Dynomite

Apr 15, 2009
Amherstburg, ON

The fact he was even drafted by the Hunters is encouraging.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Really under rated. He can become a legit power forward. Sooo glad we didnt pick Hartman

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Scored in each of the last three games for the USA U18s including the Gold Medal Game.

Doesn't matter.

He is over 5' 11". Automatically projected as a bust despite our resident scout stating that he has tremendous upside.

Jmac1160*

Don't like it... Looks like we just had a 2nd tier prospect with size. This is the first round for **** sake. Sounds like a mid-2nd round pick on a normal draft. This draft isn't nearly as good as advertised imo.

shhh you might offend people. Why are people saying this is such a great pick when we could have got him in the next round? Thats the point I am making. Why not draft the besy guy available then the wild card? Horrible Horrible pick.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Don't know how I feel about this. I trust Timmins though.

It's just that how many forwards over 6'4 have been successful offensively?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sticking to my list...I did not want him with our 1st pick. Was actually a HM for me in the 2nd. But we'll give him time.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
People calling Mccarron a 4th liner seriously need to do their research.

People saying otherwise actually need to do their research. Maybe the people calling McCaron a powerforward are the same ones who thought Weber/Diaz would be top 4 dmen and DD was the next Marty St louis. I can go on and on and on and on...

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
I don't expect a Lucic, but if he becomes just a 6'5 230lbs Chris Neil, I'll be happy. These players are very rare and useful on a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad