Post-Game Talk: Habs don't score in the last 3 Price appearances. "Je me souviens" de la derniere fois. Wild win.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's been terrible since he's been here (and before) even with Toffoli, Chiarot, Petry playing good, etc.

What he does as a player is one thing. What Bergevin got suckered into laying for him is another thing. Losing Dauanlt and KK the same summer without a backup plan forcing us into overpaying isn't his fault.

His hockey career was what, 40, 50 years ago? Those guys are known for that, but they've moved on. Let them be.
I did let him be. I wished him well and politely moved on. Just cause I made an off the cuff quip in here about that encounter doesn't mean I hate the guy. You're making a lot of assumptions with a post that was intended as lighthearted humor. This place, sometimes.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Nope, I just said hi, as a fan. I didn't know what the binders on the table were about. Water under the bridge.

How tf are you bitching about this then lmao...you approached him as a fan and he gave you credit for approaching him as a human instead and he talked about something (I'm assuming) he was passionate about. Maybe he should lower his expectations for human decency if people will find a way to complain about the smallest of things I guess.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How tf are you bitching about this then lmao...you approached him as a fan and he gave you credit for approaching him as a human instead and he talked about something (I'm assuming) he was passionate about. Maybe he should lower his expectations for human decency if people will find a way to complain about the smallest of things I guess.
Who the hell is "bitching"? It was a lame encounter that I attempted to use as repartee. No one got hurt, "lmao".

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Josh Anderson and Brendan Gallagher need to be shamed for their production this year. My lord.

Some were suggesting that Anderson is a captain candidate? Because he scored in two back to back games sometime in Feb or March?

The state of this club cannot be understated, we have a garbage roster despite having the highest payroll.

Gallagher, Petry, Anderson, Byron, Armia, Dvorak, Hoffman, Drouin…

We are near dead last in the league with them, can you imagine how much pain we would be if there was relegation and promotion in the NHL?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Never said it’s Dvorak’s fault His play is extremely underwhelming His playmaking ability is non existent He’s not a goal scorer He’s not even a great checker/PK guy
He’s at best a good 3rd like centre and a mediocre 2nd liner
He’s definitely not worth 2 pick that will end up being in the top 40

In hindsight it's a bad move...you essentially paid a late first and an early 2nd for a 3C but it's not the end of the world. Given the number of picks we have, it never hurts to have a solid 3C, especially if we can use our top 3 pick to draft Wright/Cooley.

Suzuki-Wright/Cooley-Dvorak

Dvorak is better than KK on 3rd line imo, KK is not a fit there and nor is he really a fit on 2nd (neither is Dvorak) and it ultimately came at the expense of our early 2nd when all said and done.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
In hindsight it's a bad move...you essentially paid a late first and an early 2nd for a 3C but it's not the end of the world. Given the number of picks we have, it never hurts to have a solid 3C, especially if we can use our top 3 pick to draft Wright/Cooley.

Dvorak is better than KK on 3rd line imo, KK is not a fit there and nor is he really a fit on 2nd (like Dvorak) and it ultimately came at the expense of our early 2nd when all said and done.
He’s never passed 38 points and he’s never played in the playoffs. What’s so “solid” about Dvorak? Is it that he doesn’t smile?

Reactions: Nicko999 and expy

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He’s never passed 38 points and he’s never played in the playoffs. What’s so “solid” about Dvorak? Is it that he doesn’t smile?

What kind of production do you expect from a 3rd liner? He'd be pacing for 41 points this year if not injured...if we can get 35+ points from our 3rd liner consistently that's a win for me.

Reactions: MasterD

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Umm.. Armia is absolutely pulling his weight since Marty joined and ppl are still crying about his 3M bargain contract LMAO

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Umm.. Armia is absolutely pulling his weight since Marty joined and ppl are still crying about his 3M bargain contract LMAO
1 goal and 0 assists in his last five games. 16 points in 60 games this season. I simply don’t think he’s an effective use of cap space much less a bargain.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That they need time, makes sense. But, I very much doubt that they'd announce that kind of timeline.
No one was saying that they expect an announcement about a timeline for results, the three of us were merely speculating about how long it would take for the team to be competitive again.

Reactions: Runner77

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Dvorak is better than KK on 3rd line imo, KK is not a fit there and nor is he really a fit on 2nd (neither is Dvorak) and it ultimately came at the expense of our early 2nd when all said and done.
I get the negativity at present but this is a bit much.

It’s a 2024 2nd (3-drafts from now) - this team will not be a bottom dweller next season let alone in 2-years w $ coming off the books and more space for UFA additions.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Holy crap, I may have just found @dinodebino's car!

yOD3bLs.jpg
You’re amazing you know!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You’re wrong.

There were a ton of “METS-EN!” commercials during the game. 🤣

If you want to bother to check the GDT, your name came up.
I did! I just couldn’t comment because it was already closed!

Damn, for once they carry my ad like maniacs. And I missed it. FML.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Petry got tripped up on the same play a couple minutes earlier in the other zone, but the other way, it's good enough to warrant a 5 on 3. That's what he was upset about.

Then the wild call a timeout for an inconsequential 5 on 3 instead of letting the game run out.

That's some dickish stuff.
Agree, but on the plus side Pricey got a little extra work in and looked good doing it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad