Post-Game Talk: Habs don't score in the last 3 Price appearances. "Je me souviens" de la derniere fois. Wild win.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Yup.

I've said this a few times, but the mess Bergevin made will take more than one deadline, draft, summer etc to clean up.

It won't be easy.
2-3 years of what we are seeing now is realistic. If we are able to move some players it will probably mean salary retention on most of them and filling roster spots with utility players on friendly contracts. Most of the other teams that rebuilt went through a similar process and time frame.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Yup.

I've said this a few times, but the mess Bergevin made will take more than one deadline, draft, summer etc to clean up.

It won't be easy.
This is why I don't get these people thinking there'll be a quick turnaround. Too many really bad contracts and holes to fill. We're looking at years, not months before they're truly competitive again. Plus, they have to lift the injury curse put on them by whatever god it was they pissed of!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Would be so nice if the team could give him some support on offence...I guess they expect Carey to score also?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm beginning to lean back to trading Anderson or at least understanding he's not a fit on the Suzuki-Caufield line. He's just too dumb.
Rags fans wanted Kreider gone for the same reasons... the Suzuki line has all been iffy, not just Josh

Reactions: dinodebino

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
After 3 good performances from Poehling, a game like last night is when you hope he'd step up and make the most of his chances with Evans out.

He's shown improvements this year, but he isn't showing much more than being a 4th liner at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No one was saying that they expect an announcement about a timeline for results, the three of us were merely speculating about how long it would take for the team to be competitive again.
I wasn’t trying to impute the timeline acknowledgement issue to any of you — ‘twas just me taking the opportunity to piggyback a personal opinion. ;)

Like many others in here, I can’t fathom a quick turnaround.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I wasn’t trying to impute the timeline acknowledgement issue to any of you — ‘twas just me taking the opportunity to piggyback a personal opinion. ;)

Like many others in here, I can’t fathom a quick turnaround.
If we change the roster and become more dedicated to a youth movement it will take time. Looking at the Senators as an example, they are about to miss the playoffs for the 5th straight season and that's not to say that we will replicate that but going with youth could possibly take some time. It will be interesting to see how long Molson is willing to be patient.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If we change the roster and become more dedicated to a youth movement it will take time. Looking at the Senators as an example, they are about to miss the playoffs for the 5th straight season and that's not to say that we will replicate that but going with youth could possibly take some time. It will be interesting to see how long Molson is willing to be patient.
It looks to me that ownership is very careful about how they qualify what and how their management people will be doing so as not to upset their broadcast partners, sponsors and not lose out on their loge revenue.

We’ve seen Hughes skate when asked what the Habs would do, whether it was a reset or a rebuild and he brushed it off by saying that they’re just words.

As to how they do it, they’ll never go with a full out youth movement. They’ll always have a veteran base to mentor and help integrate their incoming young’ins — question is, how many of their vets can they realistically trade?

Hughes doesn’t want to retain salary on long term contracts dangled for trade, so that makes their task that much more difficult. Lots of their vet contracts are deadwood, declining and/or redundant as it is.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lol that doesn’t justify Dvorak being so f***ing bad
He can’t set up anyone He’s a 3rd line grinder

To be fair, he just set up Evans in transition beautifully one game ago for a brief shift where he wasn't anchored to hoffman and Gallagher so it's not that "he can't set up anyone".

Not many players in this league are capable of elevating hoffman or Gallagher this year, who have been square pegs in round holes all season no matter who they are playing with, let alone putting both anchors on one line.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I get the negativity at present but this is a bit much.

It’s a 2024 2nd (3-drafts from now) - this team will not be a bottom dweller next season let alone in 2-years w $ coming off the books and more space for UFA additions.

Had no idea it was a 2024 2nd, we have time to get it back then so that's good.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Outside of Covid saving the habs, we have now missed 4 out of the last 6 years, and if not for Covid, would have been all 6 years, as the clown GM was actually trying to win, and spending to the cap....
Hilariously bad optics for MB.
The Sens at least have been up front with their fans......it seems their biggest issue is, no one wants to stay, and when they make too much $$$ they then get traded.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Kreider is a much better player though. Always has been.

I don't know , put Anderson on a better team and then compare. Kreider would be a 20 goal guy here as well if he was lucky.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't know , put Anderson on a better team and then compare. Kreider would be a 20 goal guy here as well if he was lucky.
Not necessarily with Nick and Cole and pp2 minutes...

Who did Anderson okay with in Columbus when he got 27?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I didn't watch. Can't anymore. Can't be satisfied with losing even though allegedly the "culture" has changed. Or hasn't it? If you lose, you lose. Buncha losers. LOL Petry set the tone for the season.
I agree with you. I don't watch much of this poor level of hockey. I feel like a fan of music having to listen to musicians playing out of tune. I like watching perfect systems of plays in hockey and this year's Habs are the total opposite of a nice system to watch.

Reactions: angusyoung

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't have to. Kreider played for NYR during their mini rebuild and still did 20 goals and 45-50 points. The only thing Anderson has to show is that one season where he did good. Kreider has multiple 20 goals and 45-55 points seasons prior to this season playing for a not always good NYR team. He was doing well back when their centers were Stepan and Brassard and make no mistake Stepan and Brassard were not great top 6 centers imo Suzuki is better. The problem with Anderson is people rate him based on that one single season and ignore all the rest.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Not necessarily with Nick and Cole and pp2 minutes...

Who did Anderson okay with in Columbus when he got 27?

hmmm have to double check i would have guessed Panarin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad