Post-Game Talk: Habs dominated by Wings -- Lose Home Opener 4-2

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Was thinking that perhaps after I sleep on it I'd feel better about the team. Nope. Same sh!tty team. Same sh!tty feeling.
SOmeone please offer Moneybags a lot of bags of $$$ and buy the team. Fire the clowns that run it. Get people from the 21st century. I now have same reaction seeing Julien's face as I did when I saw Therrien. Violent throwing up. Nausea. Sometimes uncontrollable shakes. It's hard.

What can I say, Canadian hockey fans take their hockey seriously! LOL!

Reactions: angusyoung

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I thought the Habs were really good against the Hurricanes and the Leafs, the former seem to be the "hottest" team currently the way they have outplayed the Bolts and the guys with the empty stands.. The Sabres game could have gone either way and yesterday was somewhat poor against an improved Detroit. I'd say wait until after 15-20 games. Now Dr Zoidberg might not be the greatest of coaches for the modern game, I can understand that.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I guess that I'm resigned to it. Price and Weber are both on the wrong side of 30, and it's only going to get worse from here. This was really an obvious income.

It's hard to say if Weber will play for six more years. I don't know if he "loves" playing for a loser team. On the other hand if he can make another one or two million a year as part of a relaxed paycheck gig for the Habs, he might choose to do so.
Weber is on a fast track to decline. He's not going to be a Chara. He has zero quickness.
Price will age well. He's a positional goalie and as long as the injuries dont bite him he's got another 3-4 years, much like King Henry in NY.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Jordan Weal joins a long list of guys that aren't very good, yet for some reason the coach is obsessed with and way overuses. DD, Raphael Diaz, Bouillon are some other guys that come to mind more recently.

He's on the first PP and is the guy taking the draws at the end of game (with Danault on the ice, you know, and actual centreman). Of course he lost both draws that he took.

I literally see him as a more useful Peca. Third/Fourth liner, but can move up the line-up IF NEEDED. Yet he's the preferred choice to be on special teams and 6 on 5. I don't get it.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
It was concerning when we all saw it coming and it's concerning now that it appears to be here (still early in the year).

He's on the cap for 7.8 million for what is it 6 more years. There's no guarantee he'll retire as he ages and commands that cap hit. Some players love the game MONEY and play on with diminished skills.

fixed it for you.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Imagine we had 12 high career season last season with no major injuries and missed playoffs.

Our team is even worst than last season and people expect that we are wildcards lol.

We are 1 major injury away from bottom 5. We all know none of these players will get an better season. Even Carey Price cant save this team anymore. I'm still wondering why he has not asked for a trade.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
fixed it for you.

True, but did Marleau just re-sign to play for 700k even though he has majorly domished skills?

Did Claude Lemieux make his comeback in his 40s for the money?

Did Luongo retire and pass up on money for the money?

Weber will only be paid 1 million per year in the last year's of his contract.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Was thinking that perhaps after I sleep on it I'd feel better about the team. Nope. Same sh!tty team. Same sh!tty feeling.
SOmeone please offer Moneybags a lot of bags of $$$ and buy the team. Fire the clowns that run it. Get people from the 21st century. I now have same reaction seeing Julien's face as I did when I saw Therrien. Violent throwing up. Nausea. Sometimes uncontrollable shakes. It's hard.
Several symptoms are related to this hockey team. At our own risk.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder what Ducharme is thinking in his head but not saying anything about it.

I know what most of us are thinking. Not cause I have special insight but there will be a breaking point and we don't want to see Ducharme move on to another organization. We've already seen Bergevin not move quickly enough to ditch individuals he's appointed like Lefebvre and Therrien. Will he do the same when Julien's time is up?

Most GMs get two head coaching appointments during their tenure before they're fired. Bergevin already has two. Teflon Marc.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
thats an oversimplification.why not look at the other reasons why the trade was done.

Poile structured his Subban deal further to a cap room constraint. He needed the space to sign Duchene.

If we want to use the same thinking, then Subban was really traded for cap room, some assets and Duchene.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Jordan Weal joins a long list of guys that aren't very good, yet for some reason the coach is obsessed with and way overuses. DD, Raphael Diaz, Bouillon are some other guys that come to mind more recently.

He's on the first PP and is the guy taking the draws at the end of game (with Danault on the ice, you know, and actual centreman). Of course he lost both draws that he took.

I literally see him as a more useful Peca. Third/Fourth liner, but can move up the line-up IF NEEDED. Yet he's the preferred choice to be on special teams and 6 on 5. I don't get it.

Weal can handle a puck better than some others and you need good passing and reading on the PP to not lose possession. Guess MNGT feels he's the better choice atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad