Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Kraken

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Even though Primeau has had 3 of the last 5 wins for the Habs, do you think Monty is still gonna get the majority of the starts from here on out? I know it hurts the tank to win, but just curious.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Tanking against a goalie that lets 4 goals in on the first 6 shots in a game is a hard thing to do
Yep. I wouldn’t really blame him though. Sometimes that happens. Just a combination of luck and capitalizing on chances. It’s happened to the Habs too.

Even though Primeau has had 3 of the last 5 wins for the Habs, do you think Monty is still gonna get the majority of the starts from here on out? I know it hurts the tank to win, but just curious.
I think he will, but they will definitely want to see what Primeau can do. I’m so happy to be proven wrong about him (so far at least) The goaltending depth is insane. It’s never been this deep. And young too.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Not sure why the Kraken acquired Yamamoto and Tatar they already had a bunch of smaller guys like Gourde, Bjorkstrand, Tolvanen

Shots counts means nothing the game was won early.

Monty will play most Primeau has been inconsistent over .950 or sub .900 in 2024.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'll be astounded if they don't go 50-50 or even give Prime an extra start.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Primeau is the back up and will play perhaps one in three.
No way Monty doesn't start in Colorado.

Prepare to be astounded
Like they were saying last night on RDS we've already had enough of a sample size with Montembeault to know what we have.
Primeau has had some very good starts and some not so good starts so he's the one we need to see more of he hasn't played enough.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If not for injuries, Newhook likely gets 20+ goals and 40+ points despite just turning 23 and playing most of the year with guys like Anderson, Armia, and Gallagher. Won't be surprised to see him hit 50 points next year playing with Dach.
I'm just glad he hasn't lost any of his speed at this point.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
For this year? Yes way.
If 'your' guy would of held up his end of the agreement and scored the 47 goals You promised us lol
Suzuki would be at 85 or more points right now

But i can never understand why that type of hypothetical always gets trumped by your hypothetical 'paces' lol

If you truly, in your heart of hearts, believe that Caufield is a 45 goal man even tho he has never touched 30, then by DEFAULT , you would have to believe Suzuki is a 80+ point center.
You cannot say Suzuki doesn't do it for you because he's never physically touched 80 points but then go left right and center everywhere else saying Caufield is an assured bonafide 40+ goal scorer.

Would you not agree an 85+ pt Suzuki would be more than adequate for a 1C?

i suspect you will retort with some sort of 'well if he really is an 85 point guy he should be able to do it even without a Caufield having a bad year'

Well, Caufield has had a Suzuki with him all year, what's his excuse?
'Shooting percentage' and I'm sorry but that is just not good enough lol
Not with the shit Suzukis has had to put up with from non believer fans the last 3 years

Reactions: themilosh

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
We won like 2 games in the last 7 games.
We won't lose every single games but I don't think the goalies stole that much games.
Last night the other goalie gifted us the win
Many of those were one goal games, still losses, but they could’ve gone either way.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
For this year? Yes way.
I took a look. It was 80. :) I joked with you that I hope he finishes at 79.

He’s close.
If 'your' guy would of held up his end of the agreement and scored the 47 goals You promised us lol
Suzuki would be at 85 or more points right now

But i can never understand why that type of hypothetical always gets trumped by your hypothetical 'paces' lol

If you truly, in your heart of hearts, believe that Caufield is a 45 goal man even tho he has never touched 30, then by DEFAULT , you would have to believe Suzuki is a 80+ point center.
You cannot say Suzuki doesn't do it for you because he's never physically touched 80 points but then go left right and center everywhere else saying Caufield is an assured bonafide 40+ goal scorer.

Would you not agree an 85+ pt Suzuki would be more than adequate for a 1C?

i suspect you will retort with some sort of 'well if he really is an 85 point guy he should be able to do it even without a Caufield having a bad year'

Well, Caufield has had a Suzuki with him all year, what's his excuse?
'Shooting percentage' and I'm sorry but that is just not good enough lol
Not with the shit Suzukis has had to put up with from non believer fans the last 3 years
Yeah, I definitely thought CC would be at least a 40 goal guy. And if he was Nick would be over 80.

But that was never really my issue with Nick. I’d never argue that his points wouldn’t be higher with a better club, of course they would.

My issue is that regardless of the teams 60 something points was not up to snuff nor was it up to his capabilities. He would demonstrate the ability to do much better in stretches and then go ice cold. Just not consistent enough.

This year he was on pace for his usual 60 something again and then went postal on the league. :laugh: He can do it, he just hasn’t. He shouldn’t need CC to get 40 goals to be that productive.

In the second half though he’s been so much better. Even after his February heater he’s been way better even when his teammates don’t show up and he doesn’t get points. He definitely leveled up.

Reactions: themilosh

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I took a look. It was 80. :) I joked with you that I hope he finishes at 79.

He’s close.

Yeah, I definitely thought CC would be at least a 40 goal guy. And if he was Nick would be over 80.

But that was never really my issue with Nick. I’d never argue that his points wouldn’t be higher with a better club, of course they would.

My issue is that regardless of the teams 60 something points was not up to snuff nor was it up to his capabilities. He would demonstrate the ability to do much better in stretches and then go ice cold. Just not consistent enough.

This year he was on pace for his usual 60 something again and then went postal on the league. :laugh: He can do it, he just hasn’t. He shouldn’t need CC to get 40 goals to be that productive.

In the second half though he’s been so much better. Even after his February heater he’s been way better even when his teammates don’t show up and he doesn’t get points. He definitely leveled up.

I was sure we remixed it to 75 after Dach went down lol

If our 4 bonafide top 6 players stay healthy next year, THEN I guarantee 80+ points lol

Anything between 70 and 75 THIS year all things considered is a win for him in my books

Next year is gonna be so fun god

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Personally i'm still not convinced that those statements are true.

I think Suzuki settle as a 70 points center who play a 200 feet game with maybe two or three occasional 80 seasons.

I think Caufield settle as 30-35 goals winger with maybe two or three occasional 40 goals seasons.

Obviously all this is as long as they are not surrounded by generational skills. If you add a Makar at the blueline you can up those stats by 10% to 20% probably.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I think Suzuki settle as a 70 points center who play a 200 feet game with maybe two or three occasional 80 seasons.

I think Caufield settle as 30-35 goals winger with maybe two or three occasional 40 goals seasons.

Obviously all this is as long as they are not surrounded by generational skills. If you add a Makar at the blueline you can up those stats by 10% to 20% probably.
I highly doubt with Slaf and Caufield’s continued development and Mailloux and/or Hutson coming, etc. etc—that Suzuki’s production plateaus where it has this season.

If Caufield is a 30-35 goal guy it’ll because he has 50-60 assists.

I think he could flirt with 50 and 60 honestly but it all depends on how he’s used

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

All possible, you could very well be right

But since Suzuki is about to hit 70 pts on one of the last 'bad' teams he's going to be on, with Dach coming back, the infusion of more young talent and Cole finding his scoring groove back

I think Suzuki is way better than just 'settling for 70' every year, but it's all opinions right now, for sure

Seven7

Nov 26, 2021
Crazy how the guys at RDS were praising how good Seattle jerseys were looking.

Are they not allowed to critize stuff anymore or am I missing something.

Reactions: vokiel

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4