HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Food poisoning ? Had it, can't believe Matthews was on the ice.

As much as being a Habs fan has been disappointing the last 30 years overall, OMG the Leafs. One 1st round win in almost a decade , and now looking at another 1st round exit ? Wow.
The greatest rivalry in modern history. Leafs Nation vs the 1st round of the playoffs.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The worst feeling in the world is doing laundry at 3 am while both kids are puking and you have that realization that it'll be you puking in about a week.

Yup! I'm somehow been able to avoid it the last few times....but I hear you, you know it's coming.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
The Leafs’ team structure sucks - how they are built and, consequently, how they play.

The D and depth is terrible. I can’t recall a team breaking out of their zone as easily as Boston did last night. So clean - so much time and space. No pressure from the Leaf D / toe caps out F. It was crazy.

Meanwhile Toronto are in the mud trying to get out of their zone - bank, chip, etc. and talking heads wondering why they’re dumping and chasing! lol

Not even really the fault of those catching all the blame. Players are who they are. Coach not a magician.

- move marner for a top D
- shed Tavares and use money on 2nd line
(Both above easier said than done)
- get rid of the idiots (reaves, Domi, bertuzzi)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Leafs’ team structure sucks - how they are built and, consequently, how they play.

The D and depth is terrible. I can’t recall a team breaking out of their zone as easily as Boston did last night. So clean - so much time and space. No pressure from the Leaf D / toe caps out F. It was crazy.

Meanwhile Toronto are in the mud trying to get out of their zone - bank, chip, etc. and talking heads wondering why they’re dumping and chasing! lol

Not even really the fault of those catching all the blame. Players are who they are. Coach not a magician.

Tavares really can’t be moved. They’re stuck with him one more year. Marner I think they’re stuck with as well.

Maybe he okays a trade but someone would need to be willing to take him and give up something of value back. And he’s going to want to go to a contender if he agrees to be moved at all - and I think he won’t.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Tavares really can’t be moved. They’re stuck with him one more year. Marner I think they’re stuck with as well.

Maybe he okays a trade but someone would need to be willing to take him and give up something of value back. And he’s going to want to go to a contender if he agrees to be moved at all - and I think he won’t.
I think they’ll have to wait with Tavares.
I believe they can trade Marner - I think he’d waive to go to a competitor, or maybe a warm weather team.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Let’s not provide leafs with ideas on how to improve, shall we?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
“A very smart hockey person”!!

… who is completely unaware of things like NMC and salary cap. lol
Utah GM has carte blanche to spend to max per their new owner.

Now whether Marner would waive for Utah is another matter - Keller has no trade protection

That's not a very smart hockey person, or they work for the Leafs. There's no way I do that trade if I'm Utah.
The unknown is the splash factor Utah owner is being expected to make - he has already green lighted spending to max cap

Gotta wonder when Shanahan will face the music...
New MLSE CEO has now had time to read the lay of the land but yet to put his stamp on the corp…

Reactions: Ozmodiar

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Does Ana flip their 1st rounder + Zegras for Marner? Not exactly a Verbeek type player but do wonder..

Reactions: Ozmodiar

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
So we’re all enjoying Leafs Nation complete nuclear meltdown, right?
1714316787669.gif

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
In Matthews' defense I had gastro 2 weeks ago and I thought I was going to die. I literally shit so much I lost consciousness right off the toilet. Not even joking. Worst part is this is the 2nd time this happened in the last year. Two kids in daycare.

In Nylander's defense waffledave's wife has been having migraines at night for the last 3 years that thing is no joke!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Does Ana flip their 1st rounder + Zegras for Marner? Not exactly a Verbeek type player but do wonder..
They have a need for a right-shot forward and a couple young centers … if they were looking to jump start things.

Not this years first tho. Too high.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Marner bashing is great & all, I would add the following data point as food for thought:

Career Regular season: 639pts in 576GP (1.1PPG)
Career Playoffs: 49pts in 54GP (0.90PPG)

10-15% reduction in career trend for playoffs is pretty normal, and all it takes is one good playoff run to skew stats

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Why would Marner go to Utah or Anaheim? It doesn’t make any sense for him to waive his NMc to go to either.

Makes a ton of sense for him to want to go to either...
- cap room to pay him top $ LT extension
- zero media spotlight/pressure
- SoCal weather, Utah tax benefits
- both are set up with prospects/picks to build a contender around him

They are literally the two best options for a player/person like him to want to go to given his career situation & experience thus far

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They have a need for a right-shot forward and a couple young centers … if they were looking to jump start things.

Not this years first tho. Too high.
Verbeek made it clear last week, he wants to add a top-4RDman + top-6 Right shooting W

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Marner bashing is great & all, I would add the following data point as food for thought:

10-15% reduction in career trend for playoffs is pretty normal, and all it takes is one good playoff run to skew stats
Also, is that not better than Matthews, Nylander and Tavares?

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
It’s an exciting time, who will be the next Leafs president to come in and offer a bunch of empty talking points to set the tone for their barking seal media? Who’s the next coach, a Babcock/Torts-like vet or another rookie?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If you can't stop shitting what are you supposed to do? There is no holding it in. There is no pushing through. I literally shit myself unconscious. My wife wanted to call an ambulance but I refused because the last thing I wanted was to shit all night in a f***ing hospital toilet. I decided I would rather possibly die at home on my toilet than move anymore.
Bidet is life

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

The elite star forwards from his draft class (McD, Eichel, Rantanen) all have similar or better PO production vs. reg season.

I don't think any GM would feel it "normal" for a 10M$ forward to see his production drop 10% plus in the POs... That bad ROI for that kind of cap allocation.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The last time i was sick i was sitting on the toilet and while i was shitting liquid i had to vomit at the same time. I could not stand up to vomit in the sink so i had to aim in between my legs while sitting on the toilet shitting what was left of my intestine at the same time. Two birds one stone i guess ... Needless to say not everything that came out of my mouth went between the legs ... luckily my toilet is right next to the shower. It's impressive how much shit and partially digested food the stomach and intestine can hold. I think i have ptsd from that night. Not sure i would have been able to play hockey that night ...
Ciboire. Les histoires de marde et de vomi. Man, this thread has gone south, litterally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad