Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Chris Tierney

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Question is, does he know how to drive a tank?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LaP and SwiftyHab

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Tierney was pretty good when he first arrived to Ottawa.
He is just a warm body at this point.
Another player our medical staff can screw up.
I'd love to know his story.... his numbers in SJ were good, initially in Ottawa as well, then he seems to go downhill fast.... to the point Ottawa didn't qualify him and he ended up a UFA on a league minimum 1-year contract.
Injuries ?

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not sure about that. If Evans was on the Panthers, he might have been put on waivers and played AHL as well. I like Evans but he's not better than Tierney. I expected Evans to take a step forward this year but he didn't. Lets look at both their last full seasons.... Evans put up a bit more points but after that, I see similar value when I look at block/hits/takeaways/giveaways per 60 min's.

I think we get similar value to what Evans provided us this year before he got injured. The gap is not massive.

Tierney can't skate. Evans can.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
This was the move we were all waiting for! Now wrap it up and turtle for the rest of the season.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'd love to know his story.... his numbers in SJ were good, initially in Ottawa as well, then he seems to go downhill fast.... to the point Ottawa didn't qualify him and he ended up a UFA on a league minimum 1-year contract.
Injuries ?
He apparently had back problems, but his attitude on the ice point toward "I'm not giving a flying ****" sometimes too.

Reactions: Shred

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
He apparently had back problems, but his attitude on the ice point toward "I'm not giving a flying ****" sometimes too.
Thanks.
We should play him with Dadonov and one of Hoffman and Drouin.

"The tank line".

Reactions: Shred

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Wait, I thought Dach had a virus. Now he's injured ? oh well. Last 2 seasons have been insane.

Reactions: Wats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad