Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Chris Tierney

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Laval is already in Montreal need some bodies.....but me that have that strong feeling Dvorak is being showcased and might be traded, this just reinforced those thought but hey, I'm wrong on those things

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Bad news for Dach, Monahan, or Dvorak is wanted?
Dach has a lower body injury.
Armia won't play tomorrow due to illness but since Dach's illness was actually a lower body injury.:sarcasm:

Habs only have 11 "healthy" forwards for tomorrow's game and barely 6 healthy dmen...and the AHL roster is like depleted already.

Also, lower cap hit than Pitlick/Ylonen so once IR people comes back, they can save some cap space by keeping him up over them.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Desperate would not be the word I would choose in a waivers claim. It's not different than claiming Monty, Pitlick, or Kova.

But yes, we have issues up the middle after Suzuki. I called out our center depth heading into this year. Laval does not have NHL ready centers. If we did have it, it's very possible Slaf would have played AHL this season.

Suzuki is the 5th or 6th most used forward in the entire NHL. We need to mange that better. Tierney will help

At this point, Tierney is a 4th line C/13th fwd, not sure how much he would help Suzuki's usage.

Reactions: Vachon23

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
With the Armia injury they only have 11 healthy forwards and they only have 6 healthy defenseman. To have a full line up they needed to add a fresh body.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
At this point, Tierney is a 4th line C/13th fwd, not sure how much he would help Suzuki's usage.

It's better than Drouin at center. We can't predict how MSL will use him IMO. Not sure if Tierney can play PK but if he can, that alone can reduce Suzuki's usage slightly.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The injured list is at a point of requiring this I gues

Out right now, Price, Monahan, Byron, Gallagher, Evans, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Guhle and Xhekaj ouch

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
From age 24-27, he played 1:33 min/game on the PK for the Sens. 31.7% of his time on ice. Right now, Suzuki is at 1:38 min/game on the PK. Maybe Tierney can lighten that load a bit.

Blocks/60, Hits/60, Giveaways/60, and Takeaways/60 is nothing to brag about. Actually not better or worse than what Evans provided this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
With the Armia injury they only have 11 healthy forwards and they only have 6 healthy defenseman. To have a full line up they needed to add a fresh body.

It's more about center depth than forward depth. This prevents us from being forced to play Drouin at center.

Right now, our center depth is Suzuki, Dvorak, Drouin, Belzile. Think about it

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The injured list is at a point of requiring this I gues

Out right now, Price, Monahan, Byron, Gallagher, Evans, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Guhle and Xhekaj ouch
You are a few short, Wideman and Eddy are injured too. And Armia is a big maybe for tomorrow.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How close are Habs to 50 contacts? Maybe Dach out longer than we think.

Edit: just saw that he is indeed out for a while... Damn

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Way worse. He's spent the majority of the year in AHL. He cleared opening season waivers.

Not sure about that. If Evans was on the Panthers, he might have been put on waivers and played AHL as well. I like Evans but he's not better than Tierney. I expected Evans to take a step forward this year but he didn't. Lets look at both their last full seasons.... Evans put up a bit more points but after that, I see similar value when I look at block/hits/takeaways/giveaways per 60 min's.

I think we get similar value to what Evans provided us this year before he got injured. The gap is not massive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad