Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Chris Tierney

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
:skeptic:

Cap hit cheaper than Pitlick, so this could be a small cap space freeing move for the deadline (even if Habs needs bodies...on a the team that started the season with 15 NHL forwards WTF!).

Reactions: Habs13

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Hell yeah

Now send Dvorak and Monahan to the Panthers direct competition for a playoffs spot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dach is hurt... habs are desperate

Desperate would not be the word I would choose in a waivers claim. It's not different than claiming Monty, Pitlick, or Kova.

But yes, we have issues up the middle after Suzuki. I called out our center depth heading into this year. Laval does not have NHL ready centers. If we did have it, it's very possible Slaf would have played AHL this season.

Suzuki is the 5th or 6th most used forward in the entire NHL. We need to mange that better. Tierney will help

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually liked him with the Sharks and at first with the Sens. We need bodies anyways ..

Getting ready to ship some guys out!!

I don't think this is solely based on future trades but possible. From what I see, we are forced to play Drouin at center which is not good. Tierney helps with the center depth and that's all I see. Suzuki is being used too much and they are trying to manage that better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad