Habs center line 30th in the league in goals for

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Well we are young and our team sucks. Nothing surprising here. Onwards and upwards :D

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This is BS, the stars got in the SCF last year with Hintz, Faksa, Seguin and Dickinsona s their center depth and had really good offense.

The problem is the shit ass defense.
Agree with defense being a rotting poop log but regarding Dallas they also have Benn/Pavelski who both can/have been 1st line Cs. Hintz is also one of the most underrated young players in the NHL.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Just use heat to melt the glue that’s keeping you stuck on that notion.....move on bro, that’s so passé

Bergevin also thinks that Anderson is a better option at wing them Domi, deal With the now.

Bergevins talent scouting on Drouin is very relevant to the now

Bergevin stans telling people to deal with the now is good stuff tho

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well, MN's #1C playing between Kaprizov and Zuccarello is Victor Rask. Their #2C is Ryan Hartman, a bottom six RW. When they aren't playing well, we sub them out for Nick Bjugstad. Nick Bonino is so bad that he is the 4th line rw spot, but somehow is also on the #1PP because he can win a FO.

Wanna trade?
Sure. Staal for Kaprizov. Staal played better for you guys anyways :D

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So.... Habs decision to start season with a rookie, 20yr old & 21yr old, plus a middle 6 veteran whose strength is defensive play has led to bottom of the league offensive output from that position?

Why is anyone surprised?
Pretty much. Maybe down the line both Suzuki and Kotkaniemi could be become consistent 20 and maybe even a few 30 goal seasons but right now, this team is mostly build with the goals coming from the wings and funny enough, defense. Gallagher, Toffoli, Anderson, Tatar all have multiple 20 and some 30 goal seasons. Add Petry and Weber on the backend and voila.

I am more worried and fed-up with Drouin having only potted 2 than the centers.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Centers need to score more, but we only have one dman that can pass the puck from the backend. Hard to score goals when you have to do everything yourself.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I guess this means we’re near the top in scoring wingers? I really don’t understand these kinds of observations. I care about team performance not where the performance is coming from. Every team has flaws. What matters is that the individual components result in an efficient winning system. I agree though that the team is not performing at a high enough level to go far in the playoffs. And at the same time, this is the most diverse team we’ve had in a while in terms of youth, talent, and experience.

Reactions: Archijerej

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Yes, he was a fierce goal scorer....but Galchenyuk has used up all his NHL mulligans, he literally has a foot out the door and the other one is holding onto an NHL career via the door by his big toe....

Suzuki and KK are the best potential duo we’ve had in decades

That is definitely true but it's a pretty low bar. Habs used to have problems with too many guys, dumping good D for nothing to make room, ditching Turgeon... Not too many guys to get excited about since then other than Koivu, too bad about his knee.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Bergevins talent scouting on Drouin is very relevant to the now

Bergevin stans telling people to deal with the now is good stuff tho
GM’s don’t scout on a grand scale, Pro Scouts scout the pros.

but let’s not kid ourselves, it was a bad trade....

looking at the now though, Edmundson and Anderson trades have been nothing short of great.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Thos team's offense dies in the O zone once it reaches the stick of a defenseman not named Petry.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Our LW is our biggest flaw.....it’s the one thing I’m fixating on going into next season.

Lehkonen, Drouin, Tatar out.....I want a big body on that side (via trade or UFA) and maybe put Caufield on that side too.

maybe Poehling can be a LW on the 3rd

Agreed! A little less soft types and a bit more guys that can skate and not be pushed around.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Our LW is our biggest flaw.....it’s the one thing I’m fixating on going into next season.

Lehkonen, Drouin, Tatar out.....I want a big body on that side (via trade or UFA) and maybe put Caufield on that side too.

maybe Poehling can be a LW on the 3rd

A guy like Josh Anderson on the LW (or two. three) would be so sick! But who?

Reactions: jaffy27

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I'm tempted to say: lets dress Gustafsson. His offense will be better than any of the sorry bunch of D we have. I prefer winning 5-4 instead of losing 2-1.

Heck, I'd prefer losing 5-4 rather than 2-1. At least it'd be entertaining to watch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This was expected. Neither Suzuki or kotkaniemi are in their prime. This is the growing pain. Just odd we try to compete at same time.

It's because the overall depth is solid and they are spreading out responsibility while our young centers are maturing. Having one 20 or 21 year old center in your top 3 is a challenge and we have two of them!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad