Habs center line 30th in the league in goals for

del17

Dec 26, 2015
True left wingers have fewer goals than the true centres this season, why is that not a concern? At least centres are traditionally expected to be play makers first.
It’s a definite concern for sure . I like to reference back to Canadiens model of the past big strong centres also strong defensively as a shutdown . Speedy wingers and power forwards like Anderson . Really you need a combo of center that can carry the play don’t really have this playmaking and a sniper maybe Toffoli maybe Caufield. A good mix of defence that are great skaters mobile maybe a pp qb don’t have this .

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Lol no way you think that DD was better than KK today...
I feel kk is barely filling in and only recently has he looked ok. Not a dd fan don’t get me wrong. But he did one thing well where he gained the high o-zone and dished the puck. I still see kk getting his stick lifted from behind like a pee wee a lot. Hopefully he matures fast.

Reactions: rik schau

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
When the most used center on the team nets you two goals... or is it three?... your problem starts right there.

Suzuki is the only C that produces semi consistently and he is best suited as a 2c. After him it gets pretty ugly offensively. Can't win with no production from this position.

They have to find a 1C desperately to be able to properly play NS as 2c.

Reactions: rik schau

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Suzuki is the only C that produces semi consistently and he is best suited as a 2c. After him it gets pretty ugly offensively. Can't win with no production from this position.

They have to find a 1C desperately to be able to properly play NS as 2c.

Won't do that if you sign Danault to the contract he wants though.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Won't do that if you sign Danault to the contract he wants though.

I totally agree, can't do it if PD gets the money he wants. Only if he gets covid dollars & term similar to Toffoli. Unfortunately, they did not jump all over PLD.

Center position is a black hole offensively if you take NS out of the equation. Just Brutal.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Shame they didn't take a stab at Sam Bennett for two 2nds. The guys is producing in Florida now. Change of scenery is often key.

Ryan Strome was another option a year ago. If you don't have the balls to pay up for a legit 1st line guys in PLD (flashback to when Berg said these guys don't get traded) at least take a stab at reclamation projects. We know Danault and his 13 career high goals is never going to be the answer. I'd rather take a stab at Bennett and have him be 3rd line if he doesn't produce than to pay and expect Danault to do differently.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Shame they didn't take a stab at Sam Bennett for two 2nds. The guys is producing in Florida now. Change of scenery is often key.

Ryan Strome was another option a year ago. If you don't have the balls to pay up for a legit 1st line guys in PLD (flashback to when Berg said these guys don't get traded) at least take a stab at reclamation projects. We know Danault and his 13 career high goals is never going to be the answer. I'd rather take a stab at Bennett and have him be 3rd line if he doesn't produce than to pay and expect Danault to do differently.
Bennett has as more goals than Danault in the last four games alone... and hes not an absolute cream puff.

Sigh.

Reactions: habdynasty

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Supposing they keep the same 4 centers next year, they should produce a bit more with the added experience and hopefully a more normal year.

Danault can expected to put up 45 to 50 points without any PP time.

Suzuki should be close to 60 points.

KK is a bit of a wild card but I'd hope for a 50 to 55 points breakout.

Evans or Poehling could chip in 15 to 20.

Yes, goals from Suzuki and KK need to be at 20 or more next year. They both have the shot to do it but need to use it.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Supposing they keep the same 4 centers next year, they should produce a bit more with the added experience and hopefully a more normal year.

Danault can expected to put up 45 to 50 points without any PP time.

Suzuki should be close to 60 points.

KK is a bit of a wild card but I'd hope for a 50 to 55 points breakout.

Evans or Poehling could chip in 15 to 20.

Yes, goals from Suzuki and KK need to be at 20 or more next year. They both have the shot to do it but need to use it.

Nothing will change until:
- the dmens stop aimlessly shooting every pucks at the net once they cross the blue line and touch the puck
- the forwards aren't required to play dmen in the dzone because the Ds are too slow to do their jobs
- dmens can actually make pass to their teammates instead of to the other team (the leaders in giveaways in the Habs: the entire D corp).

And KK won't get 50-55 pts next year, if they are still using him like a plug like they are doing this year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I got laughed at and was told I was stupid for wanting Bennett earlier in the year. Calgary are Columbus-west. They literally kill their players' stats. They were doing well under Peters. After they canned him they've just been black holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->