Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Martin St Pierre

JPGoHabsGo

May 30, 2013
Obviously to replace the top 6 sniper we lost in Mathieu Darche. Former career AHL'er to reveal his true potential in Montreal.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
People trashing the guy before giving him a chance :help:

The guy was decent in the preseason games and honestly who would you call up over him? Holland? Ghetto? Rather see those guys get ice time for the dogs instead of 3-4 minutes with the Habs on the 4th.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I would not miss Blunden. I doubt Parros should be dressed against anyone except the Bruins and the Eastern conference teams who gooned up in reaction.

DD hasn't lost anything other than motivation.

Therrien may be losing the team. Subban was markedly worse after the first few games and getting no respect from the coach probably isn't helping. Playing obvious favorites who aren't producing (Bouillon, who has lost a step at 37, and DD who has millions of reasons not to play the Gallagher style) while slagging the guys carrying the load can't help team spirit.

Whatever happens the team will be much better when Emelin, Prust, and Moen (yes Moen, he's been solid this year, way better than Blunden, Parros, or the wussy version of DD) are back.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Character callup... I pity the teams facing us with this new injection of skill and CHARACTER.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Hope St-Pierre comes through, but he has been branded a career AHLer, and that would be less worrisome if he were bigger than 5'9".

Holland looked OK. I hope St-Pierre is better but I would not count on it.

Analyzer*

Means a trade !!!!

Andrighetto will likely be called up soon, as well.

Why doesn't MB just send Pateryn down ? Let the guy play.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
Well .. At this point I prefer to see him in the line-up. I bet we'll see this on tuesday
Pac-Galchy-Gally
Bournival-Plek-Gio
Bourque-Eller-Leblanc
St-Pierre-White-Parros

Weak bottom 6 but it's the best we have ..

penalty shot*

Desharnais won't be waived until he has been benched and given a couple of games in the press box first.

At 30 years old and still having failed to become a regular in the NHL, I don't expect St-Pierre to show great things, though I personally thought he played well when he was on the roster.

I've personally had it with Desharnais. It's Gomez all over again, though on a smaller (LOL!) scale. He himself acknowledges that he's been playing poorly but at this point, I'm not sure what the magic recipe would be to get him back his mojo of 2 years ago. Nevertheless, when a player is useless and a defensive liability *&* has been given a million chances by his coach to show him what he's made of and fails at providing offense when that's what he was signed (for *4* years!) to do, it's time to make room for somebody who'll produce.[/QUOte

well said :handclap:

time to part ways

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
You guys need to relax... he is the leading scorer in Hamilton and is better than Andrighetto (another 5'9" player btw).

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You guys need to relax... he is the leading scorer in Hamilton and is better than Andrighetto (another 5'9" player btw).

Size and ethnicity doesn't matter as much as play style. Bournival and Gallagher aren't that big but no one would call 'em smurfs. We'll see about this guy at the NHL level.

Feintastic

Jun 22, 2013
yesssss ! one more smurf :D

Omg...the Habs sucks.... rather see em in the bottom miss the playoff to draft a solid prospect...now watch em earn a playoff spot and get murdered in 1st round.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
yesssss ! one more smurf :D

Omg...the Habs sucks.... rather see em in the bottom miss the playoff to draft a solid prospect...now watch em earn a playoff spot and get murdered in 1st round.

I'm tired of the "appelation d'origine" smurf. Height is an important factor in hockey but it's overrated.
Martin St-Louis : 5'7
Gretzky : 5'10
Maurice Richard : 5'10
Bobby Orr : 5'11 (same height as Diaz, the Dman some calls a smurf)

My point is height helps but it's not what makes the player a good one. If Desharnais was at 6'0, the way he's playing, he still would have 1 point so far

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
This will help assess our depth at the center-midget position.

And maybe this one has Character.

Midget-ninja.gif

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
MB is doing his job. He is doing a final assessment before he MOVES.
That means everyone. Before you trade you make sure what your current assets are worth. It is easy to want great players from other teams but they want great players in return. MB may NOT be willing to part with Habs current set of good prospects but that does not mean you can't upgrade things with ruff cut diamonds that your own good scouts tell you are available from other teams.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I'm tired of the "appelation d'origine" smurf. Height is an important factor in hockey but it's overrated.
Martin St-Louis : 5'7
Gretzky : 5'10
Maurice Richard : 5'10
Bobby Orr : 5'11 (same height as Diaz, the Dman some calls a smurf)

My point is height helps but it's not what makes the player a good one. If Desharnais was at 6'0, the way he's playing, he still would have 1 point so far

If you have ever played hockey you would know it's not overrated at all, and for this reason stick reach, it's super helpful on defense and also on offense when picking up passes, how many pucks do you see DD lose cause the other play just knocks the puck off his stick(using his reach) happens multiple times a game, how many times does dd lunge forward and miss pucks? He missed a goal two games back open net tap in, a taller player gets to those pucks cause his stick is longer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad