Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Martin St Pierre

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Our 4th line is gonna be sick ! Moen, Parros and now St. Pierre, another heavy fighter !
georges-st-pierre.jpg

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It is time to scratch Desharnais, and Blunden and Parros have essentially been wasted lineup spots when they play, so I don't see any problem with trying St.Pierre. Too bad for Dumont he hasn't started very well, this could have been his chance.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
He was used at center yesterday in the 3rd with Galla and MaxPac, while Eller was pushed down to 3rd line, centering Eller and Bourque.

Sweet, he played center for himself ;) (if I'm not mistaken, the other winger was LL)

I hope they keep the PGG line, they were pretty good.

And as for the call up...err...don't know him at all...but he's another midget? How much of a midget?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Would have been fun to see Andrighetto tbh, but I love st-pierre, too. Not sure how much he can do at the NHL level, though.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
38 NHL games w/ chicago, boston, ottawa
3 goals, 5 assists, 12 PIM

Seems to own it in the AHL/ECHL

samsquanch9*

Sweet, he played center for himself ;) (if I'm not mistaken, the other winger was LL)

I hope they keep the PGG line, they were pretty good.

And as for the call up...err...don't know him at all...but he's another midget? How much of a midget?

Full on yellow brick road

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
We are talking about a 30 year old career AHLer right? Not much bigger than DD? Just checking...

I suppose on the other hand Andre Benoit was branded a career AHLer but only because he was small in MTL.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Desharnais won't be waived until he has been benched and given a couple of games in the press box first.

At 30 years old and still having failed to become a regular in the NHL, I don't expect St-Pierre to show great things, though I personally thought he played well when he was on the roster.

I've personally had it with Desharnais. It's Gomez all over again, though on a smaller (LOL!) scale. He himself acknowledges that he's been playing poorly but at this point, I'm not sure what the magic recipe would be to get him back his mojo of 2 years ago. Nevertheless, when a player is useless and a defensive liability *&* has been given a million chances by his coach to show him what he's made of and fails at providing offense when that's what he was signed (for *4* years!) to do, it's time to make room for somebody who'll produce.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
This means one those 3 things,

They won't need Parros tomorrow, so St-Pierre will take his spot

or

DD will sit and replaced by St-Pierre

or

Blunden will be sent down

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
So our next game is against the Blues, which is a big physical team, so we call up a 5'9" player.

Simply genius!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad