Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Caufield to Taxi Squad

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
If 22 is what they gave him, then 22 is what he'll wear. Young players don't have much say in the numbers they wear with the Habs. Management makes those decisions.

I wouldn't count on him wearing any other number any time soon.
He's a reasonable facsimile of Steve Shutt, seems appropriate.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
No cap for him to play. But we got two more defenseman for fun!

I'll never understand Bergevin's vision. It's never on the same page.
Have you ever seen such a well run organization as this one.They trade for Staal(washed up) and 2 defenseman that are 6th or 7th on any team's depth chart and now they are so near the cap they can't play their top prospect.Plus he gave up i beleive a 3rd 2 5th's and a 6th round pick You have got to be kidding and MB still has a job

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
They kinda need to play him. Almost every other team would try to insert him into their allignment.
More than half of the team's goals this season have come from their four RW. 64. All other players have combined for 61. A goal scoring RW is last on the list of needs.

Locks

May 28, 2005
After reading Lavoie's article, I now understand what coach DD meant when he said they would need an injury to call up Cole or Evans. It is not really the cap limitation right now as they will have just enough cap room to squeeze in both Cole and Evans once Primeau is sent back. It is the number of recalls - 4 - that is the obstacle here as they have already used up three because of being tight against the cap. And that sucks!

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Engels tweeted that if Ouellet and Primeau are sent down they can fit in both Caufield and Evans into the lineup. They would be 2k under the cap

Reactions: BLONG7

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Engels tweeted that if Ouellet and Primeau are sent down they can fit in both Caufield and Evans into the lineup. They would be 2k under the cap
The real issue is not cap space, the Habs have only one recall left between now and the end of the season. IF someone were to be injured, they could call up a player without using that last “regular” recall - which is what Dom Dom was alluding to.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
This!

I read Ducharme said they can't call him or Evans up for the Ottawa game tomorrow because of cap reasons.

To that I say, waive Staal!

Waive? I'd prefer another type hand gesture:nod:

47a1399c301ea15c56c60fafafa6f050.gif

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
To everyone claiming cap issues I call horseshit. The leaffs added Foligno , Nash, Noesen , Robertson .... and three guys making north of 11 millions per!! And we cant squeeze a frikkin college grad into the lineup!! Horseshit. If they want him they can have him

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Why is it stupid? Laval has no games to play and we will have the capspace for him to play a game or two shortly so why not have him practice with the big club.

If he stays on the Taxi squad for 2 weeks he'll miss 2 AHL games.

Ha I didn't realize there were no AHL games. That clarifies. But since we only have 1 call-up left, fair to say that he's here to stay.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
To everyone claiming cap issues I call horseshit. The leaffs added Foligno , Nash, Noesen , Robertson .... and three guys making north of 11 millions per!! And we cant squeeze a frikkin college grad into the lineup!! Horseshit. If they want him they can have him

The Habs added Staal, Merrill, Gustafsson, plus guys like Ouellet, Frolik, Leskinen, due to injuries. the problem is you have Gallagher on LTIR which gives us the cap space but if he comes back before the end of the season, which it sounds like he will then you got problems if you went over the cap.

On the other hand I wonder what the plan is with the D, once Merrill/Gustafsson are cleared to play, we will have 8 D, so if they put someone on the taxi it would free up cap space.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs don't have a clue on how to manage this stuff..................as you say look at the leafs, and their deadline adds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad