Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Caufield to Taxi Squad

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Jersey numbers worn by Caufield:

each number's digits sum to a number divisible by 4. We also need a 40 goal scorer. 40 is also divisible by 4.

also 8+13+22+44 = 87. All clear signs we're getting Crosby next summer :sarcasm:

giphy.gif
13:huh::laugh:

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He fired Julien quickly and then two days later he fired the goalie coach.

There's desperation.. and it's quite possible that he was given a mandate that he couldn't trade any of the high profile youth at the deadline because his job is on the line.

Gauthier was allowed to sell Kostitsyn, Gill, etc. at his final deadline but wasn't allowed to make any major roster reconstructions
. Im just wondering, how you know it? Is there some owners here lol. I saw some post about bergevin, « he cannot make any big transaction or now molson have to approuve it. Mmm. Yeah sure lol

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Curious as heck what line CC plays on. If DD puts him on with players who are defensive oriented I will take that as a factor to not like DDs coaching approach, as in the mold of CJ, MT etc. Kid is for attack, if you are going to keep him sheathed , whats the point ?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not a fan of this move. I’d rather have him stay and hopefully dominate in the AHL for a while.
No games in Laval right now. I don't think he's even eligible to play with the big team because of cap constraints.

I have no problem with this. They are simply giving him a chance to hang out with the big leaguers and practice with them. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they send him right back down after.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Another complete mismanagement of a prospect by a GM who is drowning and looking for a life raft.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
No games in Laval right now. I don't think he's even eligible to play with the big team because of cap constraints.

I have no problem with this. They are simply giving him a chance to hang out with the big leaguers and practice with them. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they send him right back down after.
Yeah, I still believe he won’t travel. We’ll see.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Also, once again...

We talkin' about practice.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
What will they change his number to after they retire Weise's sweater?

Maybe he'll have to do subtractions at some point: 51, 62, 73, 84, 95
Or multiplications? 41, 14 (if Suzuki doesn't keep)
Or divisions? 82, 123 :sarcasm:

(but can't take little Davey's number who should be retired too)

Reactions: Bergevillain

Habsfan2992

One of the 1st
May 12, 2004
Oakville
I think it's a load of crap.. if not mistaken with Gally on ir that gives us almost 4 million in cap space.. now I'm not entirely sure what we spent on the 2 new players we got though

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I think it's a load of crap.. if not mistaken with Gally on ir that gives us almost 4 million in cap space.. now I'm not entirely sure what we spent on the 2 new players we got though
Should just be able to waive Byron again and get CC at least in the top 9

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Curious as heck what line CC plays on. If DD puts him on with players who are defensive oriented I will take that as a factor to not like DDs coaching approach, as in the mold of CJ, MT etc. Kid is for attack, if you are going to keep him sheathed , whats the point ?
It’ll be interesting to see for sure. I think the perfect wing mate for CC is Tatar. The reason for that is that Caufield plays RW when defending but likes to move to the left side when attacking. Tatar is the opposite, plays LW when defending but likes to move to the right side on offence.

Reactions: yianik

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Richer should've been so much better. Mental health issues got in the way. He would've been a HOFer otherwise. And still one of the best shots I've ever seen.

Agreed...got to meet him a few years ago at a Habs vs Bruins Old Timer's game, even got him to sign the jersey I had on (Cammalleri Centennial jersey)...nice guy, very humble which kinda surprised me a bit...didn't really look to me like he enjoyed talking about himself and his accomplishments...Complete opposite of Ray Bourque, who talked and acted like he parted the bleeping Red Sea or something...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad