Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up Caufield to Taxi Squad

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
upload_2021-4-16_9-38-26.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Since Price is hurt. I assume he's been going up and down between games to save on cap space. Primeau's been the backup the whole time.
Ahh...so more transactional than anything.

I thought Price was good enough to at least sit as the back up, but no point risking it I guess.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not what I was hoping for but I'm probably in the minority. Laval won't be playing a whole bunch in the next couple weeks so it keeps him active though, which is nice. Good luck kid!

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
:facepalm:

If he plays on the 4th line I’ll personally find Ducharme and take a shit on the hood of his car.

What’s wrong with it? Long term sure, short term practicing with the team and getting him some action while Laval is on a 2 week pause can do no harm.

If he plays he’s gonna get PP time anyway.

Reactions: Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Laval doesn't play for like 2 weeks.. this was always going to happen.

The question is, does he get a game and if he does, will they give him the opportunities required.

I have no issue with the call up or if they play him.. it's what happens when he gets played and subsequently that matters.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Since Price is hurt. I assume he's been going up and down between games to save on cap space. Primeau's been the backup the whole time.
Do they even need the cap space anymore?

Caufield to taxi does not mean he will play and more likely practice with the team.

Reactions: 417

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I don't mind this move as long as if he looks like he could use a season or two in the AHL, we send him back down instead of rushing him and ruining his development like we usually do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad