Post-Game Talk: Habs blank Wild in A Night of Firsts, 4-0!

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Yawn... just finished watching the game. Good that the won but come on. Wild is really bad. Like terrible. Super happy for both Mete and SUzuki. Who got the sword? The reaction to Mete's goal was a heartwarming moment. It was super nice to see.

Gotta say that I am seeing same Drouin that was a no show last season. Terrible game by him. Domi also doesn't inspire but luckily didn't need to in this game.

Though Fleury made some mistakes (nothing major) thought his game was good. Level headed, composed, confident. Didn't seem out of place at all. Not worse that Folin in any rate.

Anyway, 2 points is 2 points. On to St Louis who no doubt remember last game and will want to avenge. I say bring it on. Now that Victor Mete got rolling ... watch out.

Oh... and Clod just couldn't help himself putting Cousins on the very first power play. My god.
Is it possible to be more negative , pessimist, annoying and to whine more than you just did in that post, after a 4-0 victory .
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Reactions: jj cale

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not a doubt in my mind that we will see a different Minnesota team on Sunday, compared to what we saw tonight. There was a game last season where the Habs completely handled Detroit, and I thought 'Wow, this is one of the worst team efforts(Detroit) I've ever seen'. Well tonight's game by the Wild definitely drew a comparison for me. The season is young, I've always had a soft spot for Minnesota, but it seems like their window is closed for now.

Same idea versus st Louis on Saturday. It's probably going to be a tough weekend ahead.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is it possible to be more negative , pessimist, annoying and to whine more than you just did in that post .

His post wasn't particularly negative...
1) Super happy for Mete and Suzuki.
2) Reaction from bench was awesome and super nice to see.
3) Fleury looked good despite some mistakes.
4) Glad for the 2 pts.
5) Bring on St-Louis.

I mean..sure, little sarcasm in some of the post, some negative points with Drouin, Domi, and the coach...but if you thought his post was so bad it warranted you to whine about it....you're one sensitive cat.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
His post wasn't particularly negative...
1) Super happy for Mete and Suzuki.
2) Reaction from bench was awesome and super nice to see.
3) Fleury looked good despite some mistakes.
4) Glad for the 2 pts.
5) Bring on St-Louis.

I mean..sure, little sarcasm in some of the post, some negative points with Drouin, Domi, and the coach...but if you thought his post was so bad it warranted you to whine about it....you're one sensitive cat.
1)Good that the won but come on. Wild is really bad. Like terrible
2)Gotta say that I am seeing same Drouin that was a no show last season. Terrible game by him.
3)Domi also doesn't inspire but luckily didn't need to in this game.
4)Though Fleury made some mistakes
5)Anyway, 2 points is 2 points.
6)Oh... and Clod just couldn't help himself putting Cousins on the very first power play.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I told you guys you'd like Cousins. He was very good. He needs to stay in the lineup.

The Wild are as bad as I've seen a team in a long time. They have ZERO goals on the rush this year. How is that even possible?

Suzuki is looking like the game is slowing down for him. He has some nice one on one moves. He actually looks better then KK at this point.

KK is really struggling. He looks slow and awkward out there.

Not much can be taken from beating the Wild.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Is it possible to be more negative , pessimist, annoying and to whine more than you just did in that post, after a 4-0 victory .
yeah come on! everyone should have gotten the memo to just keep pumping drouin' tires. he deserves it ! look at all that "chez nous" talent !

all the people saying after games 2-5 that it was still " too early" are just people who hate drouin and are not real habs fans anyways.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Lots of weirdly negative reactions to a 4-0 game at home. The Wild are a bad team but we thoroughly dominated them. Does anyone else not remember the game we just had against another bad team that we sucked in (Detroit?)

Reactions: angusyoung

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Any thoughts on trying Mete on the powerplay? His finding the slot on that goal was impressive. He's simply more mobile and can maybe change the angles more. Or continue with Weber and duckpins for dollars?
Why?? So teams can cheat on the other 4 guys even more.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
2)Gotta say that I am seeing same Drouin that was a no show last season. Terrible game by him.
6)Oh... and Clod just couldn't help himself putting Cousins on the very first power play.

Yes...and? Good and bad things were mentioned, it's called balance. There's nothing extravagantly negative. You're the only one that whined.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water

Why are you so negative? Don't see any positive points whatsoever. :sarcasm:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The bigger issue isn't even the price (Brodin is great defensively) and more where you'd want to play him? Because it wouldn't be with Weber. And the Kulak-Petry pairing is looking really good yet again.
I'd play him with Petry. There is a strong possibility it will remain our first pairing going forward, and if that's the case, I strongly suspect we're not going to like Kulak there as a long term solution.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd play him with Petry. There is a strong possibility it will remain our first pairing going forward, and if that's the case, I strongly suspect we're not going to like Kulak there as a long term solution.

Maybe, but Kulak hasn't given any real indication through his play that he's not effective in top-2/top-4 role in Montreal.

Remember as well that Brodin's UFA at the same time as Petry, so there's a cost element to consider. He's probably worth a Muzzin-like return, but I'm not convinced Montreal's in a position organizationally to make a move like that.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Any thoughts on trying Mete on the powerplay? His finding the slot on that goal was impressive. He's simply more mobile and can maybe change the angles more. Or continue with Weber and duckpins for dollars?

I'm not advocating for Mete but I think the days of powerplays featuring a cannon from the point are rapidly declining. Seems harder and harder to get shots through unless the D gets out of position through rapid puck movement or a funny bounce.

Shot blocking in general is a bane on the entertainment value of the game.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Maybe, but Kulak hasn't given any real indication through his play that he's not effective in top-2/top-4 role in Montreal.
Don't get me wrong, if Kulak turns out to be a legitimate first pairing defenseman (even if only a complimentary one) , I'll be over the frigging moon. But unfortunately, it's to good to be true.

Reactions: Runner77

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Lots of weirdly negative reactions to a 4-0 game at home. The Wild are a bad team but we thoroughly dominated them. Does anyone else not remember the game we just had against another bad team that we sucked in (Detroit?)

that game Detroit played well

I think a lot of people are being conservative not to get crazy with hype, we did dominate but like... i've rarely seen a team not show up like Minny did last night, pretty sure we could've won that game, even with @ahmedou in net

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I can't complain too much so far, this team competes pretty hard and is able to generate chances(wish we had some more finishers) and we are good at pressuring the other team. We all know what the warts of this team are but if we stay relatively healthy we should be a competitive team all year and once again push hard for a playoff spot.

Note to Johnny D..........................just keep doing what you are doing.

Reactions: angusyoung

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
that game Detroit played well

I think a lot of people are being conservative not to get crazy with hype, we did dominate but like... i've rarely seen a team not show up like Minny did last night, pretty sure we could've won that game, even with @ahmedou in net

Man, I love your avatar.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Some people just love to hate and if and when the Habs win a cup,people will be ragging on how they crack open the champagne. lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad