Post-Game Talk: Habs blank Wild in A Night of Firsts, 4-0!

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I agree with the analysis that the wild was not great, but habs did kill the game in the first and that's typically our type of game that would be unnecessary close. So I really appreciated how merciless we looked at times.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Not a very impressive game from us, but my God, are the Wild bad.

I'm starting to be pessimistic about our chances this season. If this is the Weber we get from now on, then that's a huge piece of the puzzle missing.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Watch them have a St. Louis like run late in the season.
St. Louis and Minnesota are two different animals. blues were always a very well club who drafted and developed well but just couldn’t get over the hump. A few changes and they caught fire similar to the 2012 LA kings. The wild have been a middle of the pack team for years and now their above average players are in decline and they’ve little in the way of high end prospects in the cupboards. I fear that’s our future if we let Bergevin stay as captain of the ship.

Reactions: Toene

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wow what a satisfying win.

Shutout for Carey
Mete SCORES
Armia continues his goal scoring
Cousins looks pretty good
Suzuki is such a smart player and he gets his first

And so much more.

I'm so ****ing happy that Mete scored. He'll end up being a strong D man for us for a while, but we should temper offensive expectations. Getting one here just helps us get over it and let him be him.

Suzuki has caught Julien's favour for his defensive play and positioning. He doesn't play greedy and CJ sees that. But isn't it fun when he gets the puck, and puts on a little show in the corner to get free and make a pass, or even the way he scored on an awkward backhand with limited time.

I really do like this team's future for forwards. We've got some really exciting and smart players coming up and on the team right now. I thought KK was pretty good tonight, though he fell down so much, I felt like this season he's really making it hard for the opposition to play him, and he's learning how to use that size. You can see the potential for Armia+Kotkaniemi to just own the boards. Drouin has been great as well.

The only sort-of negative really was Domi. He's in tough for linemates but obviously he's working hard. Suzuki definitely doesn't fit Domi well but I hope we can find a different winger with skill to be his sidekick. Even if it's just a bigger guy who can skate and finish a bit. Lehkonen could be that guy if he had more finish. Byron is an okay bandaid as he has the speed, but ideally Domi would be with better guys. I do like having him with Drouin on the PP.
Keep same lineup for Blues?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
St. Louis and Minnesota are two different animals. blues were always a very well club who drafted and developed well but just couldn’t get over the hump. A few changes and they caught fire similar to the 2012 LA kings. The wild have been a middle of the pack team for years and now their above average players are in decline and they’ve little in the way of high end prospects in the cupboards. I fear that’s our future if we let Bergevin stay as captain of the ship.
Our future looks bright. This is what we have that's under-25.

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Drouin - Suzuki - Ylonen
Poehling
Lehkonen - Evans

Romanov - Brook
Mete - Fleury
Norlinder/Struble/Harris - Juulsen

Primeau

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Keep same lineup for Blues?
Well I think cousins did enough for another game and we have so many RWs it's hard to fit Suzuki/Armia/Weal/Gallagher all in the lineup, especially when Domi is with two lefties.

I'd keep the defence the same. Fleury needs to get his goal

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I take it Weber played better tonight?

Not really. He tried killing a guy by hitting with 3 slappers in a row, thats about it. He looks pretty disinterested right now, and its sad to see. I'm a Weber fan, but he looks bad right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We've seen the pic with Mete, Weber and Armia celebrating Mete's first.

However, what is equally intriguing about the pic, is whatever the f*** that guy just behind Armia, is doing.

9GQtBx5.jpg

Looks like the pinnacle of his existence:

IPxAc8T.jpg

Or maybe, he was just in the middle of a lewd public act when Mete happened to score:

8zaHJeF.jpg

Last edited:

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Our future looks bright. This is what we have that's under-25.

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Drouin - Suzuki - Ylonen
Poehling
Lehkonen - Evans

Romanov - Brook
Mete - Fleury
Norlinder/Struble/Harris - Juulsen

Primeau
All good players but we need 2-3 of them to become franchise/elite to challenge for a cup on a regular basis.

I still don’t trust this management to develop them as a core nor to make the moves to put us over the top when the time is right.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But wait, there's more ...

What about the lady on the right?

AvNpTUx.jpg

Oh sweet salvation, Allelujah!

hFtvCJP.jpg

She's been saved, she's been healed! Blow ye trumpets, angels!

The cosmic power of a Mete goal is upon her! Amen.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yawn... just finished watching the game. Good that the won but come on. Wild is really bad. Like terrible. Super happy for both Mete and SUzuki. Who got the sword? The reaction to Mete's goal was a heartwarming moment. It was super nice to see.

Gotta say that I am seeing same Drouin that was a no show last season. Terrible game by him. Domi also doesn't inspire but luckily didn't need to in this game.

Though Fleury made some mistakes (nothing major) thought his game was good. Level headed, composed, confident. Didn't seem out of place at all. Not worse that Folin in any rate.

Anyway, 2 points is 2 points. On to St Louis who no doubt remember last game and will want to avenge. I say bring it on. Now that Victor Mete got rolling ... watch out.

Oh... and Clod just couldn't help himself putting Cousins on the very first power play. My god.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Lol. Chariot played the most for all defensemen with 22:39 and Armia the most for forwards with 18:15.

Some weird ice time totais in general for this one.
Didn't see the second half of last period, because it was late and the Wild were just painful to watch, but Chiarot was probably our best defenseman tonight.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
We've seen the pic with Mete, Weber and Armia celebrating Mete's first.

However, what is equally intriguing about the pic, is whatever the **** that guy just behind Armia, is doing?

9GQtBx5.jpg

Looks like the pinnacle of his existence:

IPxAc8T.jpg

Or maybe, he was just in the middle of a lewd public act when Mete happened to score:

8zaHJeF.jpg

we should make that a habs board only smilie

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad