Post-Game Talk: Habs blank Wild in A Night of Firsts, 4-0!

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Aside from the kids' first goals that game was boring to watch. Good on the Habs to win but a "strength" win I don't think it was. Watching Mete score his first goal was fun though.

I thought Boudreau was maybe going to cry. Don't know that I'd blame him. What a mess the Wild seem to be. And watch them beat the Habs next time. LOL

Reactions: Edgy and sandviper

GreenBubbleRaincoat

Mar 15, 2013
Hancock, Michigan
Aside from the kids' first goals that game was boring to watch. Good on the Habs to win but a "strength" win I don't think it was. Watching Mete score his first goal was fun though.

I thought Boudreau was maybe going to cry. Don't know that I'd blame him. What a mess the Wild seem to be. And watch them beat the Habs next time. LOL
Not a doubt in my mind that we will see a different Minnesota team on Sunday, compared to what we saw tonight. There was a game last season where the Habs completely handled Detroit, and I thought 'Wow, this is one of the worst team efforts(Detroit) I've ever seen'. Well tonight's game by the Wild definitely drew a comparison for me. The season is young, I've always had a soft spot for Minnesota, but it seems like their window is closed for now.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I thought Cousins played a decent 1st game. He's a cleaver little player and has deceptive body movement down low.

Also, the part where he screamed when the puck bounced over his stick was something I like to see. Habs played well but we still have work to do in our transition game. Making better passes to the stick and not to the players feet would be nice. And not turning it over on dump passes where the other player is not looking would be nice. Cousins frustration when he screamed out loud out sums up it all.

Reactions: jj cale

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

Ghost of Jacques Lemaire still haunts the Wild. They are always a boring. There's too many games vs west conf, should be more vs division instead.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I don't get how Minnesota is THAT bad. They have an incredible top 4 on D, some decent veterans up front in Staal/Parise/Koivu/Zucker along with younger guys like Fiala/Erikson-Ek/Donato/Kunin/Greenway. Not saying they are a legit playoff team or anything but they should at least be competitive.

Awesome to see Mete/Suzuki score.

Fleury was very solid.

Cousins looked good for his first game.

Drouin had a great pass on the Armia goal and continues to be involved in all ends of the ice.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I am pleased the Mete scored and it wasn't some crappy goal that like deflected off a player and somehow bounced in, it was a friggen sweet a$$ goal .

Another one in the history books during MB's tenure. Most jacked GM in the NHL, most records for the habs ;)

Needless to say, I had no idea How bad the wild were.... my goodness that is some basement dweller stuff for sure.

Happy the kids got points, Johnny D looks so much better thus far this year which is good.
Pricer with the shut out :) but alas.... we must focus on the next game. I do not think we get the blues a second time.

Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't get how Minnesota is THAT bad. They have an incredible top 4 on D, some decent veterans up front in Staal/Parise/Koivu/Zucker along with younger guys like Fiala/Erikson-Ek/Donato/Kunin/Greenway. Not saying they are a legit playoff team or anything but they should at least be competitive.

Awesome to see Mete/Suzuki score.

Fleury was very solid.

Cousins looked good for his first game.

Drouin had a great pass on the Armia goal and continues to be involved in all ends of the ice.

Most of the team, including the D, don't skate all that well. Not that they're slow exactly, but Minny has struggled with quickness and pace for a while now. Their goaltending is also below average.

Also, any team can go through a g-d awful stretch with all the parity.

Reactions: Trash Man

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
As good as he is defensively, i wouldnt pay such a steep return for a 20pts defenseman.

The bigger issue isn't even the price (Brodin is great defensively) and more where you'd want to play him? Because it wouldn't be with Weber. And the Kulak-Petry pairing is looking really good yet again.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Any thoughts on trying Mete on the powerplay? His finding the slot on that goal was impressive. He's simply more mobile and can maybe change the angles more. Or continue with Weber and duckpins for dollars?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Jordan Weal...the guy that makes things happen....just need to determine what kind of things....

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009

It was boring and sad how bad both teams were. I think Price dozed off a couple of times waiting for some action. Neither team could dominate, gain zone entry without the neutral zone turning into a melee or set up a half decent pp. And our guys kept falling behind the Wild's net every time they try to go around.

Good guy this Devan.

That is awesome! Nice of him to make a young kid's day like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad