Post-Game Talk: Habs beat corpse 4-1

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Price/Weber Combo since NOV 27

18-10-1 record
10 in GF at EV.
4th in GA

During this time we have had Shaw and Byron missing games, hurts the teams depth. And this is a team that relies on its depth.

Price
15-7 .931 2.04

Weber
30 GP 8G 10A 18P

The Subban trade has really stung. But seeing what Weber can change by himself has made me rethink the trade. It’s to bad he’s not younger. Hopefully his decline is slow and he can play into later years.

Reactions: scrubadam

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Subban trade has really stung. But seeing what Weber can change by himself has made me rethink the trade. It’s to bad he’s not younger. Hopefully his decline is slow and he can play into later years.
Keep in mind though, you're not comparing Weber to another top blueliner here. The Habs had AHL level D last year and to start this year. Weber may not be the superstar that other blueliners are (debatable) but he's a hell of a lot better than Jordie Benn (not debateable.) It's a huge difference that allows not only Weber to come in and provide relief on the top pairing but other blueliners to play in their proper spot. Big effect on the lineup.

Reactions: Amerika

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Keep in mind though, you're not comparing Weber to another top blueliner here. The Habs had AHL level D last year and to start this year. Weber may not be the superstar that other blueliners are (debatable) but he's a hell of a lot better than Jordie Benn (not debateable.) It's a huge difference that allows not only Weber to come in and provide relief on the top pairing but other blueliners to play in their proper spot. Big effect on the lineup.

He completely changed the complex of our D. He’s incredibly valuable to our team. Any fans saying they wouldn’t take him on their team are delusional. His cap is even extremely reasonable. Nashville is the one on the hook for his cap recapture if the league even sticks to that.

Reactions: scrubadam and the

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Ok... you’re point is? The entire hockey world and this whole damn board was expecting the same thing.
Maybe the point is a lot of people talk out of their cheeks. Great way to get them took actually.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Big win considering the next 4 games.
These four games will catch us up precisely to where the average record of opposing teams in our games already played will be equal to the average record for the games to come. In other words, it will fully correct the slightly easy schedule we have had up to now.

We are currently 9th overall in the league in winning percentage. We already have more wins in 54 games than last year in 82 games. If we stay in the top 10-12 after the next four games, it would be an amazing accomplishment for these players.

Reactions: Tuggy

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He completely changed the complex of our D. He’s incredibly valuable to our team. Any fans saying they wouldn’t take him on their team are delusional. His cap is even extremely reasonable. Nashville is the one on the hook for his cap recapture if the league even sticks to that.

He didnt change anything to our D other than reducing our transition and playmaking capabilities from the backend.

The ones who changed the D are the coaches. Least I remind you that the Habs were one of the better defensive teams before Weber came along.

Now, did you mean this year? Probably, but that's to be expected. Missing a #1 D historically always does that, just like when Markov came back in early 2010 and before.

It's simply the function of having a reliable #1. Having one, anyone, worthy of the #1 spot and it'll change your team.

And yes, i completely agree, he's highly valuable on the trade market.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Boy Getzlaf looked slow last night. I can see the Ducks dismantling that core sooner rather than later. If they continue to struggle this year and next season, it's going to be a fire sale.
Anaheim should be trading Perry, Ritchie, Kessler and any D making 5m$+

They gonna have to eat some salary and bottom out for the next 3yrs.

Oh, and management needs an entire purge.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
How has Kulak been for you guys?

Reminds me of Jeff Perty the year we got him from the Oilers...You could see the potential...as he ate minutes in Montreal he really blossomed into and grew into a great
Dman.....I get the same type of feeling with Kulak...more time and minutes ....real good Dman

Here an assessment from the coaches mouth after last night ..

Kulak a pleasant surprise

Defenceman Brett Kulak has been one of the many pleasant surprises for the Canadiens this season after GM Marc Bergevin acquired him from the Calgary Flames on Oct. 1 in exchange for defencemen Matt Taormina and Rinat Valiev.
Kulak, 25, has earned a regular spot on the Canadiens’ blue line and is now playing with Jordie Benn on the third pairing. Kulak logged 19:36 of ice time against the Ducks and has 3-3-6 totals in 30 games along with a plus-7 while averaging more than 17 minutes of ice time per game.
“I think he competes hard,” Julien said about the 6-foot-2, 187-pound Kulak. “He plays on his toes and not on his heels. He’s not afraid to attack and close the play. Like anybody else, he has better games than others and he’s had a couple of tough ones. But overall, I think he’s been a real good addition. He’s given us what we’re looking for. We want guys that can move the puck, we wants guys that can skate and guys that, again, are playing on their toes and closing plays quickly. He’s doing all that stuff, so we like that part of his game.”
CLICK HERE>Canadiens Game Day: Habs beat Ducks to pass last season's win total

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Reminds me of Jeff Perty the year we got him from the Oilers...You could see the potential...as he ate minutes in Montreal he really blossomed into and grew into a great
Dman.....I get the same type of feeling with Kulak...more time and minutes ....real good Dman

Here an assessment from the coaches mouth after last night ..

Kulak a pleasant surprise

Defenceman Brett Kulak has been one of the many pleasant surprises for the Canadiens this season after GM Marc Bergevin acquired him from the Calgary Flames on Oct. 1 in exchange for defencemen Matt Taormina and Rinat Valiev.
Kulak, 25, has earned a regular spot on the Canadiens’ blue line and is now playing with Jordie Benn on the third pairing. Kulak logged 19:36 of ice time against the Ducks and has 3-3-6 totals in 30 games along with a plus-7 while averaging more than 17 minutes of ice time per game.
“I think he competes hard,” Julien said about the 6-foot-2, 187-pound Kulak. “He plays on his toes and not on his heels. He’s not afraid to attack and close the play. Like anybody else, he has better games than others and he’s had a couple of tough ones. But overall, I think he’s been a real good addition. He’s given us what we’re looking for. We want guys that can move the puck, we wants guys that can skate and guys that, again, are playing on their toes and closing plays quickly. He’s doing all that stuff, so we like that part of his game.”
CLICK HERE>Canadiens Game Day: Habs beat Ducks to pass last season's win total
Hard to believe we got him for virtually nothing. He is a decent bottom pairing guy who has some upside

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Ya Kulak is absolutely great. He's got size, good skater, handles the puck well and doesn't really get exposed playing his minutes. Can't ask for much more from a bottom pair defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad