Post-Game Talk: Habs beat corpse 4-1

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hard to believe we got him for virtually nothing. He is a decent bottom pairing guy who has some upside

He's even put up more points in the NHL than Taormina has in the AHL, I think Taormina has dealt with injuries but he's really dropped off from last year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Kotka is really playing some remarkable hockey out there for such a young age!

He plays like a damn vet and he's only 18 years old! Crazy shit!

Reactions: NotProkofievian

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Dave Randorf is infinitely better than Bryan Mudryk.

I enjoy Randorf a lot,prefer him over most that do the games. Wish Bob Cole could do them more,but c'est la vie. Randorf feels like he gets genuinely excited. Too bad we have to get Hughsen when we play big games though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I enjoy Randorf a lot,prefer him over most that do the games. Wish Bob Cole could do them more,but c'est la vie. Randorf feels like he gets genuinely excited. Too bad we have to get Hughsen when we play big games though.

I just find Mudryk has no ability to read the game or understand what is or isn't a scoring chance. His calling is just bereft of hockey awareness.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ya Kulak is absolutely great. He's got size, good skater, handles the puck well and doesn't really get exposed playing his minutes. Can't ask for much more from a bottom pair defenseman.
Kulak is growing on me.....but on that 3rd pairing. The second they move him up, he gets exposed.

If we want any chance in the playoffs though, we need a Lindholm/Fowler type defenceman for Weber and we need another top 6 forward, maybe another bottom 6 with size that can hit and intimidate.

A realistic dream scenario would be the acquisitions of

Lindholm
Kreider
Zach Smith

Drouin-Domi-Gallagher
Kreider-Kotkaniemi—Armia
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Deslauriers-Shaw-Smith

Lindholm-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Benn

Kulak

Price
Niemi

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Only watched the highlights but man Droony Droony Droony, what sexy plays by him yesterday.

He's one of those players I'm critical of sometimes, but man I get happy to see him do well.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Kulak is growing on me.....but on that 3rd pairing. The second they move him up, he gets exposed.

If we want any chance in the playoffs though, we need a Lindholm/Fowler type defenceman for Weber and we need another top 6 forward, maybe another bottom 6 with size that can hit and intimidate.

A realistic dream scenario would be the acquisitions of

Lindholm
Kreider
Zach Smith

Drouin-Domi-Gallagher
Kreider-Kotkaniemi—Armia
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Deslauriers-Shaw-Smith

Lindholm-Weber
Mete-Petry
Reilly-Benn

Kulak

Price
Niemi
An upgrade on the left side would be nice but lil Mete is impressive since he reintegrated the roster!

He's winning so many battles on the boards even if he concedes a ton of height and weight it's impressive!

Reactions: jaffy27

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Only watched the highlights but man Droony Droony Droony, what sexy plays by him yesterday.

He's one of those players I'm critical of sometimes, but man I get happy to see him do well.
Gally seems to be able to get the best out of Drouin! They should just keep those 2 together!

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Gally seems to be able to get the best out of Drouin! They should just keep those 2 together!
Yeah, they looked beastly together. Makes sense that they balance each other out like that. They each have what the other one needs.

Hopefully that leads to sexier times for all.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yeah, they looked beastly together. Makes sense that they balance each other out like that. They each have what the other one needs.

Hopefully that leads to sexier times for all.
And Danault is the equalizer in the middle lol

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Gally makes everyone play better
I know but it's been particularly the case with Joe.

Last year when the season was done they put them together and they both finished strong at almost a PPG pace.

Now they reunited them and Joe seems to be flying out there lately...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
An upgrade on the left side would be nice but lil Mete is impressive since he reintegrated the roster!

He's winning so many battles on the boards even if he concedes a ton of height and weight it's impressive!
Agree, but if you could add a Lindholm to the left side, your top 4 is looking pretty sweet, in fact, after Tampa, I’d say we’d have the second best to 4 in our division

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Agree, but if you could add a Lindholm to the left side, your top 4 is looking pretty sweet, in fact, after Tampa, I’d say we’d have the second best to 4 in our division
Lindholm is gonna cost a ton though and I'm not even sure he's even on the market...

He wouldn't be on the market if I was that teams GM.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Was it on RDS? After the game ended? Or on TSN?

Ok, so it’s on RDS, and Michel Lacroix is saying “Voici les trois étoiles de ce soir”

Well as he’s saying this, the camera shot is focused on the crowd....the two chicks are on the left, there’s a dude with a Boston tuque to the right (our right) of them.

If you see Armia coming out for the skate around, it’s too far, it’s just prior to that.

Like I said, they ain’t models, but they do have Brazilian butts :)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lindholm is gonna cost a ton though and I'm not even sure he's even on the market...

He wouldn't be on the market if I was that teams GM.
True, he’ll cost a lot, like maybe

Lehkonen
Suzuki
Fleury

Maybe more, maybe the same but different players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad